PDA

View Full Version : County 0-2 Harps

Stevo Da Gull
13/11/2004, 11:19 PM
This see's Bray (barring a disastor) promoted and a new points record for Div 1 set by Harps.

Next weekend will surely bring the day we've all been waiting for for a while now - Thank ****!!! For a while it looked like we might not make it over the line- But we just manage to fall over it- Hopefuly a big win next week to end the season on high.Come on U boys in green -v- Mons :ball:

:D

wes4pres
14/11/2004, 12:13 PM
such relief! great to see us go up, even though next year will be next to impossible. can't believe i won't make it on friday.

CollegeTillIDie
14/11/2004, 2:03 PM
If Harps draw and College win, it will still be a points record for the Division albeit a point less . Glad to see Wanderers coming up with us this time.

Stevo Da Gull
14/11/2004, 4:37 PM
Harps and College look reasonably strong heading up to Premier div football and have a pretty good chance of surviving with a few improvements IMO.

Surprisingly allthough Bray have been poor too many times this season a win -V- Mons would see us finish with 1 more point than we finished with last season.I'd still say we need about 6 new players to stay up- With Mo retiring the left side looks weak, does any1 know of there's any chance of Forsyth returning on the wing from his tour or whatever? Pip Keogh would be good for left back.

Roo69
15/11/2004, 9:40 AM
Harps and College look reasonably strong heading up to Premier div football and have a pretty good chance of surviving with a few improvements IMO.

Surprisingly allthough Bray have been poor too many times this season a win -V- Mons would see us finish with 1 more point than we finished with last season.I'd still say we need about 6 new players to stay up- With Mo retiring the left side looks weak, does any1 know of there's any chance of Forsyth returning on the wing from his tour or whatever? Pip Keogh would be good for left back.

Thanks god for that !

We ran Haprs and UCD pretty close all season long for the title,well apart from the last month when tiredness and nerves got the better of the lads. The league is a lot stronger this year and was always going to be harder to win, promotion was our main aim this season, and quite luckyily we have it. We will defo need new signings to stay up, but who ?

KK77
15/11/2004, 11:24 AM
TIREDNESS & NERVES got the better of the lads sorry Wanderers fan all my life but thats GARBAGE. Harps and UCD had the same as us they were just better than us simple and as a Wanderers fan i accept that. As for our aim was to go up yes true but lets not hide under the carpet we wanted to win the league correct me if i am wrong what was it Devo said before the Harps game "We arethe best team in the league" how many points have we picked up since then???? Great to be up but i for one am not fooling myself i can't see anything changing next season unless the board take action.

Roo69
15/11/2004, 12:03 PM
TIREDNESS & NERVES got the better of the lads sorry Wanderers fan all my life but thats GARBAGE. Harps and UCD had the same as us they were just better than us simple and as a Wanderers fan i accept that. As for our aim was to go up yes true but lets not hide under the carpet we wanted to win the league correct me if i am wrong what was it Devo said before the Harps game "We arethe best team in the league" how many points have we picked up since then???? Great to be up but i for one am not fooling myself i can't see anything changing next season unless the board take action.

I'm not fooling myself by saying tiredness and nerves had a big part to play in the way we have ended our season, this is a fact. If you dont believe me ask the players, i have heard this from several of them, one of them saying he absolutey shattered. I was out with Chris and Wes on saturday night and they were like different people compared to the last few weeks, it was like the weight of the world had been lifed off their shoulders. I bet ya know that were up they will go out and absolutey destroy Monaghan ! :D

footballplease
15/11/2004, 1:18 PM
"Pip Keogh would be good for left back." :rolleyes:

Yeah right - why not put tarzan in goal too!! If pip comes back i want him to be our midfield general. Would also like to see a few new forwards - but who????

KR's Post
15/11/2004, 1:48 PM
I was out with Chris and Wes on saturday night and they were like different people compared to the last few weeks, it was like the weight of the world had been lifed off their shoulders. :D
They seemed well happy when i was talking too them... The uncy is D'lighted aswell. Finally we're up. You going up this friday ROO??? What time the bus going at??? ;)

Roo69
15/11/2004, 2:00 PM
They seemed well happy when i was talking too them... The uncy is D'lighted aswell. Finally we're up. You going up this friday ROO??? What time the bus going at??? ;)

yeah i have Friday booked off work so defo heading up. Bus leaves superquinn at 3. for anyone whos going up fancy meeting up for a few pints before hand ?

KR's Post
15/11/2004, 2:08 PM
yeah i have Friday booked off work so defo heading up. Bus leaves superquinn at 3. for anyone whos going up fancy meeting up for a few pints before hand ?
Where?? Kavanaghs?? There is a pub in ground also... What a night it's gonna be.. :)

Roo69
15/11/2004, 2:16 PM
Where?? Kavanaghs?? There is a pub in ground also... What a night it's gonna be.. :)

Yeah Kavanaghs sounds good to me, bit of tucker and a few pints before we head up, a few more pints when we get up there and then a few when we get back :D

KK77
15/11/2004, 3:36 PM
I'm not fooling myself by saying tiredness and nerves had a big part to play in the way we have ended our season, this is a fact. If you dont believe me ask the players, i have heard this from several of them, one of them saying he absolutey shattered. I was out with Chris and Wes on saturday night and they were like different people compared to the last few weeks, it was like the weight of the world had been lifed off their shoulders. I bet ya know that were up they will go out and absolutey destroy Monaghan ! :D

Yea your prob right we will destroy Monaghan but still can't agree with this tiredness guff i mean i don't hear Harps and UCD complaining of tiredness basically if we were on top and winning there would be no talk of tiredness whatsoever anyway its the same for all the teams in the league anyway we are up so lets look forward to next season and welcoming the likes of Shels, Bohs, Cork etc to the Carlisle i can't wait

Roo69
15/11/2004, 4:23 PM
Yea your prob right we will destroy Monaghan but still can't agree with this tiredness guff i mean i don't hear Harps and UCD complaining of tiredness basically if we were on top and winning there would be no talk of tiredness whatsoever anyway its the same for all the teams in the league anyway we are up so lets look forward to next season and welcoming the likes of Shels, Bohs, Cork etc to the Carlisle i can't wait

Spot on there Rafa, lets look forward to the premier next season and having the likes of Byrne, Crowe, O'Flynn, Ryan, Doyle, Hunt, Molloy etc... all gracing the hallowed turf at the carlisle. I'm looking forward to it already.

Whats the bets we'll have a few more supporters next season as well :rolleyes:

One thing i was a bit p*ssed off about is that the players walked right off the pitch when the match was over, i mean it was out last home game of the season and the players didnt show there apprication to the fans that turned up all season long, home and away. Just thought a round of applause would have been nice form everyone involved, ah well hopefully they will do it next week.

KR's Post
15/11/2004, 5:03 PM
One thing i was a bit p*ssed off about is that the players walked right off the pitch when the match was over, i mean it was out last home game of the season and the players didnt show there apprication to the fans that turned up all season long, home and away. Just thought a round of applause would have been nice form everyone involved, ah well hopefully they will do it next week.
Was so p-issed off about that aswell. couln't believeit. They better appreciate us next week, all that money ive spent on them this season is crazy!!!! See you in Kavanaghs, i'll be there at 1.30-2.00. i dunno???You suggest a time............. Should be great fun

seagulls4ever
15/11/2004, 9:01 PM
i was surprised at the lack of announcement saying see you next year, or happy christmas, etc. the whole magic of the last home match wasn't there. i'll be there friday though, looking forward to finding our informer friend ;)

wes4pres
16/11/2004, 11:00 AM
i really think you guys should find d_informer at the match, and see who he really is. although the search for him up there will obviously be a waste of time! its not like he'll be there at all. but i'm sure he'll claim otherwise!

shankilwanderer
17/11/2004, 10:28 AM
Was so p-issed off about that aswell. couln't believeit. They better appreciate us next week, all that money ive spent on them this season is crazy!!!! See you in Kavanaghs, i'll be there at 1.30-2.00. i dunno???You suggest a time............. Should be great fun

You going for a drink before?? I might meet you there too.

KR's Post
17/11/2004, 1:38 PM
You going for a drink before?? I might meet you there too.
Yep.... Ye do come out to bray for a couple... :)