PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

sligoman
26/10/2014, 5:38 PM
Owen Heary more or less said on Ocean FM this evening that Kevin Devaney will be re-signing with Rovers. Dinny Corcoran and Stephen Beattie also rumoured to be coming here.

outspoken
26/10/2014, 5:56 PM
Owen Heary more or less said on Ocean FM this evening that Kevin Devaney will be re-signing with Rovers. Dinny Corcoran and Stephen Beattie also rumoured to be coming here.

Few clubs after Beattie apparently, good young player will do well where ever he goes as long as he's playing regularly

Charlie Darwin
26/10/2014, 6:01 PM
Beattie was the best of the Bohs players I've seen against Rovers this season so would be a good signing for whoever gets him. Devaney back to Sligo should be a no-brainer for both.

Usual rumours around Rovers. Half our squad signing for Pats and half the Pats squad signing for us. Rory Gaffney is both on the verge or signing and not going to leave Limerick under any circumstances. The only non-LOI player I've seen linked with us is Paul Corry, who has no future at Sheffield Wednesday. Nutsy was at Hibs-Hearts today but I don't know in what capacity and realistically we won't be paying for players from there.

Fivesilver
26/10/2014, 6:04 PM
Having obviously seen him a bit more than we have, how do you rate Heary's prospects of becoming a really good manager? Is the praise he got for the Bohs job deserved? Or is it exaggerated due to low expectations coming from the squad and budget he had?

Ezeikial
26/10/2014, 6:27 PM
Usual rumours around Rovers. Half our squad signing for Pats and half the Pats squad signing for us. Rory Gaffney is both on the verge or signing and not going to leave Limerick under any circumstances. The only non-LOI player I've seen linked with us is Paul Corry, who has no future at Sheffield Wednesday. Nutsy was at Hibs-Hearts today but I don't know in what capacity and realistically we won't be paying for players from there.

Do you think having only the 4th largest budget will inhibit Fenlon?

Charlie Darwin
26/10/2014, 6:45 PM
Do you think having only the 4th largest budget will inhibit Fenlon?
Well the issue with Croly wasn't the budget even if it was the fourth largest, it was him and the club in general. We offered comparable terms to some of the top players in the league but the players with ambition all signed or re-signed with Dundalk and the Galacticos for good reason. The one player who left Pats for Tallaght has been found out, I think, and may not see out the second year of his contract.

Fenlon won't lack credibility, which will change things more than an increased budget, but he'll get that too and Rovers will have the largest or thereabouts in the league. All in all, with the exception of Sligo, I think there'll be more money milling about the top half of the table than there was this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players return from abroad, and hopefully Nutsy is well-placed to take advantage of it.

White Horse
26/10/2014, 6:51 PM
Few clubs after Beattie apparently, good young player will do well where ever he goes as long as he's playing regularly

Yes, I was impressed with him this season. More so, as I had written him off because Sean McCaffrey tried to sign him at Dundalk.

Lim till i die
26/10/2014, 7:01 PM
Gaffney to Shamrock is nearly done.

Folan to Pats.

Shane O Connor to Cork

Barry Ryan retiring.

In another example of questionable thinking the club are humming and hawing over Sam Oji because he wants a two year deal. Considering he appears willing to settle in Ireland he'd be a top top player for someone to pick up.

Djilalli out as well to lord knows where.

I'm now officially linking us with Danny North, Stephen Rice, Keith Ward, Paul O'Connor, Aaron Greene, Ciaran Kilduff and Gary Rogers.

PartySaint
26/10/2014, 7:01 PM
Well the issue with Croly wasn't the budget even if it was the fourth largest, it was him and the club in general. We offered comparable terms to some of the top players in the league but the players with ambition all signed or re-signed with Dundalk and the Galacticos for good reason. The one player who left Pats for Tallaght has been found out, I think, and may not see out the second year of his contract.

Fenlon won't lack credibility, which will change things more than an increased budget, but he'll get that too and Rovers will have the largest or thereabouts in the league. All in all, with the exception of Sligo, I think there'll be more money milling about the top half of the table than there was this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players return from abroad, and hopefully Nutsy is well-placed to take advantage of it.

With a lack of Champions League money to look forward to our budget might drop by a small bit but we're still in a good position to get good players.

Are you referring to Kenna in your post? Has he been poor this season?

Aaron
26/10/2014, 7:06 PM
Patrick McEleney to Celtic from us

Charlie Darwin
26/10/2014, 7:24 PM
With a lack of Champions League money to look forward to our budget might drop by a small bit but we're still in a good position to get good players.

Are you referring to Kenna in your post? Has he been poor this season?
He's been in a running battle with Jason McGuinness as to who's the most inept all year. Sent off against Dundalk at 1-0 for thumping somebody and we were three minutes from a cup final and guaranteed Europe before he was bullied off a header by Patterson. He's shown glimpses of class but he's not called captain diagonal for nothing. He and McGuinness were the only experienced CHs available this season, if Croly had been braver an trusted DOC and Cornwall more he might have lasted the season.

PartySaint
26/10/2014, 7:28 PM
He's been in a running battle with Jason McGuinness as to who's the most inept all year. Sent off against Dundalk at 1-0 for thumping somebody and we were three minutes from a cup final and guaranteed Europe before he was bullied off a header by Patterson. He's shown glimpses of class but he's not called captain diagonal for nothing. He and McGuinness were the only experienced CHs available this season, if Croly had been braver an trusted DOC and Cornwall more he might have lasted the season.

What the hell do you do with players when we send them up to Tallaght? They all turn to ****e.

Charlie Darwin
26/10/2014, 7:35 PM
What the hell do you do with players when we send them up to Tallaght? They all turn to ****e.
Ha, well as I suggested in response to Ezekiel, I don't think the players with ambition are signing for Rovers the last couple of years. I know hindsight is wonderful, but you have to question the hunger of a league-winning captain who immediately moves across the city to a club who haven't challenged for the last couple of years. Rovers indulged him by allowing him to train part-time on a full-time wage - it suited the manager who was on the same arrangement - but it was small-time from club and player.

Rovers have created an atmosphere where we're seen as an easy paycheck, and in many cases the best they'll ever get. We need a proper ******* like Michael O'Neill to sort out the chancers from those who want to achieve something, and Fenlon has shown he can do that (albeit with a big budget) in the past.

PartySaint
26/10/2014, 8:22 PM
Ha, well as I suggested in response to Ezekiel, I don't think the players with ambition are signing for Rovers the last couple of years. I know hindsight is wonderful, but you have to question the hunger of a league-winning captain who immediately moves across the city to a club who haven't challenged for the last couple of years. Rovers indulged him by allowing him to train part-time on a full-time wage - it suited the manager who was on the same arrangement - but it was small-time from club and player.

Rovers have created an atmosphere where we're seen as an easy paycheck, and in many cases the best they'll ever get. We need a proper ******* like Michael O'Neill to sort out the chancers from those who want to achieve something, and Fenlon has shown he can do that (albeit with a big budget) in the past.

Well you're getting the best left back in the league off us this year, surely you guys can't even mess that one up.

Charlie Darwin
26/10/2014, 8:24 PM
Well you're getting the best left back in the league off us this year, surely you guys can't even mess that one up.
You're getting way ahead of yourself. We haven't signed anyone. Bermo is another of many players we let go because he wasn't the finished product at the time and have been suffering against him since.

ATFC-1887
27/10/2014, 12:28 AM
Not a transfer as such, but heard Keith Long to be given the Town job and paid through the off season to build a squad ready to go straight back up. Can see our squad been torn apart with the likes of Jamesy O'Brien, Dillon, Hughes, Alan Byrne and a couple of others being signed by some premier teams.

ger121
27/10/2014, 1:24 AM
Not a transfer as such, but heard Keith Long to be given the Town job and paid through the off season to build a squad ready to go straight back up. Can see our squad been torn apart with the likes of Jamesy O'Brien, Dillon, Hughes, Alan Byrne and a couple of others being signed by some premier teams.

Lot of talk on our forum he has the Bohs job.

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2014, 1:32 AM
Lot of talk on our forum he has the Bohs job.
Will be tough for him to share it with Roddy and Croly.

ger121
27/10/2014, 2:09 AM
Will be tough for him to share it with Roddy and Croly.

Ah so you frequent our board on occasions then it seems;) Inside track says it's a done deal, which of courses means he hasn't got it.

D24Saint
27/10/2014, 7:10 AM
The Kilduff to Pats rumour has been around a while now & the most recent one is that Folan from Limerick after our attempt to get him in the window failed.
As for those leaving the annual Bermo to Rovers talk has started we had the same thing with Kenna for two years and he went eventually so this could be the year Bermo jumps.The outs IMO will be Quigley (lazy) , Oman (should retire) Foran (poor season).

sheao
27/10/2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/cork-city-fc-set-make-4490892

adamd164
27/10/2014, 10:30 AM
Take everything with a pinch of salt at this time of year. I definitely expect a striker or two and a right winger though. :)

White Horse
27/10/2014, 10:34 AM
Take everything with a pinch of salt at this time of year. I definitely expect a striker or two and a right winger though. :)

I'd add a creative midfielder as well.

adamd164
27/10/2014, 10:47 AM
Aye... Healy can't go on forever. We had Rafter, who at least scores goals, signed up before the start of the season but he was crocked before a ball was kicked unfortunately.

disgruntled
27/10/2014, 10:52 AM
I would think we need a creative midfielder.
Been lacking in that area this season.
A lot thought O`Leary would do that but he didn`t seem to take the chance when given it.

avvenalaf
27/10/2014, 10:58 AM

Alan Byrne play for a premier league club? Yer having a laugh.

El-Pietro
27/10/2014, 11:04 AM
Aye... Healy can't go on forever. We had Rafter, who at least scores goals, signed up before the start of the season but he was crocked before a ball was kicked unfortunately.

hard to believe the season we had considered Rafter, Morrissey and Elding didn't score a goal between them, and O'Flynn (who did play mostly from the wing in fairness) who was brought in managed just the one goal.

A 31 year old roofer and an U19 who was signed just before the start of the season due to injuries were the only forwards we had that scored goals for us.

bennocelt
27/10/2014, 11:25 AM

Whats the latest on Rafter, was so looking forward to seeing him season, pity:(

dundalkfc10
27/10/2014, 11:39 AM

Im pretty sure I heard or read somewere that he had another setback and his career could be over

I thought he was good for us (in our worst team in many years) but alot of people in Oriel thought he was a bit lazy and overweight, hence his nickname Snax Box and the fans singing "Michael Rafter, he's on the telly, When he scores, We'll rub his belly" after his goals in the play off V Waterford

El-Pietro
27/10/2014, 11:47 AM
His ankle had to be reset, he won't be playing at LOI level again any time soon, if ever.

adamd164
27/10/2014, 1:19 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/dundalk-confident-league-winners-will-stay-unless-english-clubs-come-calling-30694880.html?utm_source=indoshare&utm_medium=socialoremail&utm_campaign=indoshare

From that:

Gary Rogers to Dundalk, Richie Towell to Cardiff. Sheppard mentioned as above.

Article says if Horgan goes to England then we have an arrangement with Dundalk regarding compensation.

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2014, 1:24 PM
People on our forum are saying Gary Rogers to us (god knows why we would address the one area of the squad we excel in) but I can't see it happening. He's probably just trying to leverage a better deal from Dundalk.

sligoman
27/10/2014, 2:36 PM
Rogers is linked with Shams every off season. He'll be going from us anyway I'd say, supposedly got a gah job in Meath so a Dundalk/Dublin team makes sense and seeing as we're cutting back there's no point in paying the high wages he gets when there's not a huge difference in him and Brush.

Longfordian
27/10/2014, 3:20 PM
Might as well stick this in here. Town making an early start on securing our better players for next year.

http://ltfc.ie/index.php/osullivan-hunt-mulhall-and-shaw-sign-on-for-de-town/

sulywaterfordfc
27/10/2014, 9:32 PM

I have him on the facebook and going by his regular status updates he is currently traveling Asian the last few weeks and will continue to so where he will then go to Australia where he has a year's visa..

Good player in fairness but when we signed him from England in 2011 he was overweight and apparently didn't seem willing to do anything about it. We actually had a very good side that year mind you but still made a mess of it.

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2014, 9:37 PM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-richie-towell-meet-man-8006412

Towell training with Cardiff this week. As he's 24 and out of contract, does this mean Dundalk won't get anything for him?

White Horse
27/10/2014, 9:44 PM
Richie turned 23 in the summer. Nice of Cardiff to offer to keep him fit during the off season.

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2014, 9:47 PM
Ah, I thought he was 24 for some reason. Agreed, nice of Cardiff to keep him fit before he secures his dream move to Shamrock Rovers.

PartySaint
27/10/2014, 9:49 PM
Ah, I thought he was 24 for some reason. Agreed, nice of Cardiff to keep him fit before he secures his dream move to Shamrock Rovers.

The Inchicore man might want to become the latest Galactico

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2014, 9:53 PM
The Inchicore man might want to become the latest Galactico
You have to feel for clubs like Cardiff trying to compete with that sort of financial muscle.

desaintsno.12
28/10/2014, 8:09 AM
The one player who left Pats for Tallaght has been found out, I think, and may not see out the second year of his contract.

this warms the cockles !!!

has he been a flop yeah ? they'd hardly pay him off ?

Dodge
28/10/2014, 10:18 AM
They've paid others off.

Would have him back at Pats in a heartbeat.

desaintsno.12
28/10/2014, 10:26 AM
They've paid others off.

Would have him back at Pats in a heartbeat.

I presume he'd decide to stop being a ****** and a sh111t player in general if he came back to us though ???

Out of neccesity and due to the poor options out there, i would begrudgingly take him back.
Obviously couldnt stand near PartySaint for the season, listening to him creaming himself about a very over rated player returning.

PartySaint
28/10/2014, 10:29 AM
I presume he'd decide to stop being a ****** and a sh111t player in general if he came back to us though ???

Out of neccisity and due to the poor options out there, i would begrudgingly take him back.
Obviously couldnt stand near PartySaint for the season, listening to him creaming himself about a very over rated player returning.

You mean our league winning captain, yeah I'd have him back.

Charlie Darwin
28/10/2014, 12:15 PM
this warms the cockles !!!

has he been a flop yeah ? they'd hardly pay him off ?
Quigley was paid off last season. He's been a flop but he's obviously not a bad player.

desaintsno.12
28/10/2014, 1:40 PM
getting a two year contract at rovers is a sweet deal. You play well, then great, you have a two year contract, maybe more.
You play shiiit/arent botherd etc, no problem, get your first year, paid off for your second and then sign on for another club with a bonus payment from the homeless

PartySaint
28/10/2014, 1:49 PM
getting a two year contract at rovers is a sweet deal. You play well, then great, you have a two year contract, maybe more.
You play shiiit/arent botherd etc, no problem, get your first year, paid off for your second and then sign on for another club with a bonus payment from the homeless

Works for managers as well. Is that a 3 year deal for Fenlon? I'd say he's chuffed.

Charlie Darwin
28/10/2014, 1:53 PM
There's risk attached to every contract that's given out. There are very few clubs in this league who haven't wasted large amounts of money on players who ultimately weren't worth it.

desaintsno.12
28/10/2014, 2:32 PM
There's risk attached to every contract that's given out. There are very few clubs in this league who haven't wasted large amounts of money on players who ultimately weren't worth it.

ah i agree. and there are a lot of pluses to offering two year contracts. I think if a team has continuity in this league, over two or three years, they will be right up the top. IMO, its the reason we won the league, the reason for Sligos success and then Dundalk and why i think Cork will be back up the top again.
they kick as a unit and if they can keep that together for a year, they will kick their way right up the league again :p

I think with rovers though, they are seen as a free meal though so players view it differently for some reason. I also think that due to the league pretty much always being based on the one year contract, that players a lot of players in this league dont approach a two year contract properly. its like a cultural thing among them. They either think they have made it, or are big time charlies, or something, and it seems to be more prevelant when players go to Rovers

Charlie Darwin
28/10/2014, 3:07 PM
Yeah, Rovers is seen as a free meal, not least by our former manager who managed to get himself a full-time salary for a part-time job while he continued at his day-job. Michael O'Neill signed some poor players but by and large he ensured he had characters who would work for every penny. It's going to be interesting to see if Fenlon can address that.