PDA

View Full Version : If history can repeat itself, we'll be champions!!

Colm
13/11/2004, 4:33 PM
Shels have twice in the past decade had to win on the last day of the season in order to win the league. Both times the bottled it!

In 98 Shels had to beat Dundalk or else hope Pats didn't beat Kilkenny. Shels lost, Pats won! Pats were crowned champions.

In 01 Shels had to beat City or else hope Bohs didn't beat Kilkenny. Shels lost, Bohs won! Bohs were crowned champions.

In 04, Shels need to beat Pats or else hope City don't beat Bohs. The outcome of this chapter will be revealed next friday night......

patsh
13/11/2004, 4:45 PM
3rd time lucky for them?

eoinh
13/11/2004, 4:49 PM
Whatever the outcome next friday city have made great progress this season. At worst its the UEFA Cup. We also seem to have got rid of that dreadful away fixture problem where we couldnt win away - at least now we can.

The team has progressed and in Gamble we have found another stupendous player.

For some reason i dont see shels winning next week. They might draw but i cant see shels winning. Im sure Bohs dont want to see shels win the league :) so, who knows, its still all up for grabs.

ollie
13/11/2004, 6:34 PM
yea even we don't win the league the most pleasing thing for me is the way the team has progressed.we've got a very strong squad and i'd fancy us to win the title next year if we keep progressing the way we are.

higgins
13/11/2004, 6:38 PM
Heres a straw for ya.........

go clutch at it!!

There are no nerves this season in the shels camp,,, We have had many different BIG games this season and have always fought well in them so if we lose it will be from Pats playing well and not shels losing their nerve.

exactly how does 11 players who took to the field in 98 bare any reflection on what will happen next Friday???
Even the 01 team doesnt look the same....

We are also a full time team this time round so its a different situation..
Best of luck anyway

Fair_play_boy
13/11/2004, 7:04 PM
we've got a very strong squad and i'd fancy us to win the title next year if we keep progressing the way we are.Agreed. It is a pure pleasure to support a club which has totally got the finger out and is setting standards on and off the field of play. And look at the other attractions for us next year: UEFA cup, Setanta Cup, Culture Cup (although the opposition teams are not yet announced), all of which should pack the cross next season, which should increase City's regular home support, fill the club's coffers, etc. etc.

FlyingColumnist
13/11/2004, 10:16 PM
Higgins is a lot more cautious in his posts on the $hels board than the condescending analysis he offers here. But would you take seriously anything said by a guy who signs off with: "If you look closely you can just about make out a tail between the legs of Pat The Fat Controller as he gets off the bus back at the village"

SÓC
14/11/2004, 11:58 AM
Sussshhh dont tell Higgins the Emperor has no clothes

WE have NOTHING, not a thing to LOSE, everything to GAIN. We did our job and guaranteed our second place before the last game of the season.

Shels are the only ones with any pressure. They stand to lose everything.

drinkfeckarse
14/11/2004, 12:26 PM
Best of luck City. Fantastic result the other night.

It'd be brilliant to break the Jackeen stranglehold and bring the title back to Leeside :)

What a way to finish the season though....right down to the wire...brilliant!

A face
14/11/2004, 1:42 PM
We are breathing down Shels neck ..... As said earlier, we have nothing to lose, even if we lose ot Bohs we are sorted for second .... we can go out and throw everything at them, it is a like a cup game you wont mind losing.

It is all Shels .... If they fcuk it up ... it is their own undoing .... one thing for sure, it has the makings of a great game leeside.

Roll on Friday !!