PDA

View Full Version : Great support AGAIN last night!

Colm
13/11/2004, 4:27 PM
It's very hard to judge but I'd say we had at least 250 (probably more) at the game last night.
Non stop singing and chanting and flares again. Fair play to everyone that made the trip. I think the cheers for City's goals were louder than the cheer for Drogs goals. It must actually be demoralising for most teams we play that the City fans always outsing and embarrass the home fans.

For most of the season we've had huge away crowds but after the low of having only about 150 at the Bohs away game that was on telly, we've gone on to bring 500+ to Waterford, 1000+ to Shels and 250+ to Drogs plus we've brought decent crowds to the midweek Derry and Longford games.

It goes to show how truly huge our away support has become in the past few years. No other club could ever dream about bringing these numbers but we can because we're the Rebel Army and in the words of Mr. Dolan "they'll never have what we have!

Full house for the 3rd time this season against Bohs next week? I think so.

ollie
13/11/2004, 6:25 PM
Full house for the 3rd time this season against Bohs next week? I think so.

chalk it down!

FlyingColumnist
13/11/2004, 10:49 PM
Listening on the radio Tolka sounded like a wet Wednesday in Macroom with the odd "Shel-burn clap clap calp Shel-burn clap clap clap" thrown in. When they switched to United Park the drums and chants from the City supporters sounded like Rio on a Sunny Sunday :)

Rebal Boy
14/11/2004, 9:26 AM
Lads and Girls. Friday night was just brillent. We outsong Drogs like their was no tomorrow. If there was a league for the best supporters in Ireland, we would have it won ages ago. I'd say all the sunshine fans will be out in numbers on Friday. Why don't they come all the time? :mad: All City have to do is win and we just have to cross our fingers and toes that St. Pats can beat Shels.

ccfcgirl
14/11/2004, 11:03 AM
brilliant alright ,especially the stand up ,sit down and the twirl around for the cork city

DolansWaistcoat
14/11/2004, 11:39 AM
brilliant alright ,especially the stand up ,sit down and the twirl around for the cork city

Ya,that was great.Never enjoyed goal celebrations as much either,what a night.

Really glad I made the trip,was wrecked the next day but it was all worth while. :)

COME ON THE REBEL ARMY! :D

GavinZac
15/11/2004, 10:25 AM
Wanted:

Sugar Daddy

Needs to pay my way through college
I will do anything
anything

to have friday nights off.
i have this friday off though :cool: :D

DolansWaistcoat
15/11/2004, 11:47 AM
Wanted:

Sugar Daddy

Needs to pay my way through college
I will do anything
anything

to have friday nights off.
i have this friday off though :cool: :D

Anything,you say. hmmmmm. :cool: :D

I live at home and have my own room and everything. ;)

jimhacker
15/11/2004, 12:46 PM
Listening on the radio Tolka sounded like a wet Wednesday in Macroom with the odd "Shel-burn clap clap calp Shel-burn clap clap clap" thrown in. When they switched to United Park the drums and chants from the City supporters sounded like Rio on a Sunny Sunday :)

Wet Wednedays in Macroom beat a night watching Shels any day

paddigol
16/11/2004, 3:14 PM
I had a friend from scotland - hello tommy! - watching the tolka game for me while i was in drogland, and, bearing in mind that he's a neutral living in dublin who's been to a few EL games this season, he said the attendance was abismal.
It really is a joke that on a day when you may well win the league at home you can only muster 1,500 max. At home i stress.
I'd say if we were 3 points ahead of them last friday we would have had 1,500 AWAY at drogland.