PDA

View Full Version : Transfers In/Out

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Town Legend
19/10/2014, 8:45 AM
I know it's very early for this but it looks like we have our first player to leave. Going by a message he posted on Twitter Glen O'Connor has left the club. Not sure if it was his or TC's decision. Best of luck to Glen in the future, played his part in an historic season for the club.

Longfordian
19/10/2014, 1:21 PM
Ah not a great surprise he wasn't getting a game and wouldn't be good enough for the Premier Division. Cheers for the free in Ballybofey though Glen, best of luck.

Darklordsbane
19/10/2014, 5:14 PM
Yeah not shocked to hear that, best of luck to him, Cousins and Lawlor were at the Carlisle grounds on Friday night I wonder who they were watching

outspoken
19/10/2014, 9:13 PM
A lot of activity going on already I hear. Think this could be a great off season for town fans

Acornvilla
20/10/2014, 9:51 PM
A lot of activity going on already I hear. Think this could be a great off season for town fans
Spill le beans

De Town
21/10/2014, 10:09 AM
TC was meeting Gary Twigg last night over a pint in Milo's apparently.

IrishRossi
21/10/2014, 7:34 PM
TC was meeting Gary Twigg last night over a pint in Milo's apparently.

I heard his name mentioned about joining us last year

Martinho II
22/10/2014, 4:45 PM
I heard his name mentioned about joining us last year

I would say chances are slim to say the least. With him up in the north maybe it would work out for him training wise in dublin like with Keith Gillespies days with us.

Town Legend
22/10/2014, 7:42 PM
I think Twigg would require a transfer fee of some sort so can't see that happening.

De Town
22/10/2014, 8:46 PM
Fella I know who works in the Arms said Twigg and Cousins were in there together yesterday evening. Not sure if he's exactly what we need, he'd be doing well to break up the SOS but I suppose he'd be a good option to have off the bench for the last 20/30 minutes.

Longfordian
22/10/2014, 8:59 PM
Friend of mine saw TC and Eamon Zayed in The Anvil. Exciting times.

De Town
22/10/2014, 10:05 PM
Zayed surely impressed at being wined and dined at one of our finer public houses.

All joking aside, I did hear we could be signing 1 or 2 from Sligo.

IrishRossi
22/10/2014, 10:28 PM
well cousins has to bring in some big names to top the signing of ricer this season

Darklordsbane
22/10/2014, 11:07 PM
As long as he keeps most of the young guns from last season as well I'll be happy

Bosco
23/10/2014, 11:00 AM
Can confirm about Zayed....saw himself and Cousins deep in conversation in the jacuzzi of the Arms this morning, there was a third man there as well, presumably Zayed's agent.

Town Legend
23/10/2014, 11:34 AM
That third fella was Mohammed Abdul Jafeera a new investor in the Town. Oil tycoon apparently.

Longfordian
23/10/2014, 12:20 PM
Close friend of Hesham Elkershi's apparently. Talk of him coming back as director of football.

outspoken
23/10/2014, 2:33 PM
Zayed surely impressed at being wined and dined at one of our finer public houses.

All joking aside, I did hear we could be signing 1 or 2 from Sligo.

Paul O'connor and Danny North supposed to be moving on, while I doubt wel sign North, O'connor would be a brilliant midfielder to have on the books, then again it's wingers we need not central players but if you want to strengthen the quality in the squad he's certainly one to look at.

Keen2win
24/10/2014, 5:17 PM
Aside from the players, it would be great if they put a roof over the whole section O side, with the carpark covered end to be used for away fans!

outspoken
24/10/2014, 9:29 PM
Aside from the players, it would be great if they put a roof over the whole section O side, with the carpark covered end to be used for away fans!

Yes 👍

Longfordian
24/10/2014, 11:16 PM

Obviously it'd be great but I can only assume the money it'd cost is prohibitive. Maybe if the government decided to provide funding it could be done along with the other upgrades that are needed.

Martinho II
25/10/2014, 1:55 PM
its goin on too long with the uncovered end on our side! the benefits for it would be priceless.. in the bad days in the 90s/early 00s they had no problem havin shelter that side why not again?

Section O needs cover especially for the OAP brigade like me!

outspoken
25/10/2014, 2:02 PM
Obviously it'd be great but I can only assume the money it'd cost is prohibitive. Maybe if the government decided to provide funding it could be done along with the other upgrades that are needed.

Since Mr bannon and Mulleady are such huge town fans these days maybe they could help us out hmmmmm

Keen2win
25/10/2014, 2:17 PM
Now would be the time to build it alright, it'll be full for the title celebrations in three years ;)

Martinho II
25/10/2014, 2:19 PM
Since Mr bannon and Mulleady are such huge town fans these days maybe they could help us out hmmmmm

who is this chap Mulleady??

Town Legend
25/10/2014, 5:26 PM
I came into the transfers in/out thread and it's been changed to get a roof over section o. When did this happen???

Darklordsbane
25/10/2014, 5:47 PM
We're so bored waiting on some news of signings that we will talk about anything remotely related to De Town

Keen2win
25/10/2014, 7:10 PM
^ +1, very bored!

L.T.F.C.
25/10/2014, 10:29 PM
I wonder how much it would cost though? Like the away end could do with a serious facelift too. I would like to see that taken care of first but imagine how the stadium would look if it did have it going the whole way around?

outspoken
25/10/2014, 10:56 PM
who is this chap Mulleady??

Italian centre forward believed to be in talks with Tony over a one year deal for next season.

Longfordian
27/10/2014, 3:25 PM
The SOS has signed on again for 2015! Plus Jamie Mulhall and Paul Hunt. Good start to the off season hopefully we can get the likes of Rice, Flynn and Pat Sully signed up again soon too.

http://ltfc.ie/index.php/osullivan-hunt-mulhall-and-shaw-sign-on-for-de-town/

IrishRossi
29/10/2014, 5:31 PM
http://ltfc.ie/index.php/more-town-players-on-board-for-2015/#more-6989
samo, flynn, shannon and gorman have signed up again

Martinho II
30/10/2014, 4:14 PM
http://ltfc.ie/index.php/more-town-players-on-board-for-2015/#more-6989
samo, flynn, shannon and gorman have signed up again

super news that. worrying that is theres no mention of ricer yet. Am I panicking or wot?

Longfordian
30/10/2014, 4:19 PM
Could be that he's weighing up his options. He and any of the others are entitled to do that but it's very early days yet. When he signed he was saying he came to be a part of the project and had discussed where the club was heading with Tony so hopefully he'll fancy sticking around. I will relax more when or if he and Pat Sullivan put pen to paper though. We'll be needing them.

IrishRossi
30/10/2014, 4:36 PM
sure we didnt really know about who was resigning till around the dinner dance last year

Darklordsbane
30/10/2014, 5:33 PM
yeah thats all lovely but what about some new blood

Longfordian
30/10/2014, 5:49 PM
Given that this year's Premier Division is only just finished I'd imagine it'll be a couple of weeks before there's any movement there. I believe Tony's working away on signings though like all the other managers I'm sure.

outspoken
30/10/2014, 9:07 PM
TC is most certainly working on signings already and like Rossi said a lot will be held back for the dinner dance. Rice has been linked with Limerick but I'm still confident hel re-sign after hearing a few whispers regarding other players today.

Longfordian
30/10/2014, 9:10 PM
He was appointed as a development officer for South Dublin with the FAI just before he signed for us so I doubt he'll be going to Limerick anyway. I'd expect he'll re-sign unless someone like Rovers or Pats came in for him which is unlikely in fairness.

Acornvilla
30/10/2014, 10:04 PM
He was appointed as a development officer for South Dublin with the FAI just before he signed for us so I doubt he'll be going to Limerick anyway. I'd expect he'll re-sign unless someone like Rovers or Pats came in for him which is unlikely in fairness.
Pat Fenlon would be the type to consider him thou all the same, but I'd say he'll likely stay on, I bloody hope he does!

Darklordsbane
30/10/2014, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by whatever choice he (Rice) makes be it hangs up his boots, moves on or stays.
lets face it guys we would all take survival even finishing 10th out of 12 with a bit of a run in the cups at this stage, it is extremely unlikely Longford will be challenging for the premiership next season, therefore will Rice want to or have the hunger be fighting for survival after all he is used to, as he says himself "being there at the business end of the season challenging for titles"

Mister X
30/10/2014, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by whatever choice he (Rice) makes be it hangs up his boots, moves on or stays.
lets face it guys we would all take survival even finishing 10th out of 12 with a bit of a run in the cups at this stage, it is extremely unlikely Longford will be challenging for the premiership next season, therefore will Rice want to or have the hunger be fighting for survival after all he is used to, as he says himself "being there at the business end of the season challenging for titles"

the only thing is we can guarantee him game time.. will be a big factor imo for any of our players.

L.T.F.C.
31/10/2014, 1:25 AM
You're mad for talking about players retiring. I hope Ricer will stay regardless - massive all season and you can see the real quality he has. I doubt there are many if any clubs will pay him what we are considering he came to us last season.

Darklordsbane
31/10/2014, 5:20 AM
I am not suggesting or wishing hom to retire, but I have heard his interviews he tought about retiring last year, he was impressed with Cousins and while he praises Ltfc he also says he got a bit of stick for dropping down a division but he didn't care about any of that, because he wanted to be involved challenging for titles again and Ltfc were clearly going to do that. it's unlokely we will be this coming season
I believe we will do ok next season and would be very happy if we finish in the top 7 or 8 and push on from there over the next couple of years,

outspoken
31/10/2014, 8:55 AM
The reason he considered retiring if you listened to his interview properly was becuase he lost someone close to him so to come back and be involved in a league winning team deserves huge credit to the man and his character. No chance hel retire. According to yourself Mark Salmon was set to retire as well and he's just t signed on the dotted line for next season. I wonder sometimes....

Darklordsbane
31/10/2014, 12:14 PM
I didn't say Salmon was set to retire I said I thought he would retire, glad I'm wrong, but it remains to be seen wheather his leg will be up to playing in the premiership, we might well find that after a couple of months he is no longer a starter and his appearances are less and less
I was trying to point out the need for new blood, at the end of the day if De Town only resign everyone from last year (except Glen who we know is gone) we will most likely get relegated, Rice with all his experience know this too, he has won everything in Ireland afaik so I was wondering of his desire not to be involved in a title race next season, I believe he will resign but will wait and wait keeping his options open
this is all just what I think which isn't worth a pile of beans but the way some people think you would swear De Town can't play without him

Longfordian
31/10/2014, 12:25 PM
We all know the need for new players but it's entirely logical that the first announcements would be about existing players staying on as they're the easiest deals to do for a lot of reasons. There'll be plenty of players available for months yet.Start worrying about relegation in March if you must.

Town Legend
31/10/2014, 3:31 PM
Paul Skinner signed from Athlone.

Longfordian
31/10/2014, 3:36 PM
Decent enough keeper. Competition for Hunt anyway if he has signed.

outspoken
31/10/2014, 4:17 PM
Hate to be the negative **** but Skinner was brutal for athlone last season and as a result lost his place to Coulter. As Longfordian said re: new players, we aren't even at the end of the domestic season yet so to be panicking over players is just silly, TC has always got his business done early and hel be no different this year, one thing I've always trusted him in is building a good squad, he's signed well in the off season every single season he's been here so chill the beans.