12/11/2004, 7:06 PM
shels 1 up, houlihan after 6 mins

max power
12/11/2004, 7:09 PM
o'flynn for cork after 10

Gary
12/11/2004, 7:12 PM
Bohs also one up.

Shels 2 up. Sounds like Waterford are playing crap, and Shels could do their GD no harm. So much for Reynolds comments in todays Mirror.

max power
12/11/2004, 7:15 PM
2 up for shels, j byrne

conboy
12/11/2004, 7:16 PM
Yeah well its early days boys :eek:

Gary
12/11/2004, 7:21 PM
1-1. Sh*t. Cmon City

1-2. Doyle peno.

Druss
12/11/2004, 7:23 PM
2-1 Doyler! :cool:

Seanie
12/11/2004, 7:23 PM
2-1 Nice One - Doyler. No 13 for the season

Druss
12/11/2004, 7:25 PM
Is that the same or one more than JOF?

FlyingColumnist
12/11/2004, 7:28 PM
Doyle scored from play not from peno - "Kevin Doyle runs past two defenders from the half-way line and finished low to the goalkeepers left."

Seanie
12/11/2004, 7:31 PM
Bohs 2-0 up now

Druss
12/11/2004, 7:31 PM
Bohs are 2-0 up.

Seanie
12/11/2004, 7:32 PM
YES - Waterford have pulled one back - Willie Bruton

Druss
12/11/2004, 7:32 PM
2-1 Waterford. :eek:

Druss
12/11/2004, 7:34 PM
Seanie out posts me yet again. :mad: ;)

FlyingColumnist
12/11/2004, 7:36 PM
2-1 City
2-1 $hels
2-1 Seanie!

Gary
12/11/2004, 8:05 PM
3-1. We're laughing.

Colin O Brien.

Looks like its going all the way.

COME ON WAHERFURH

Druss
12/11/2004, 8:06 PM
UEFA minimum next year!

City Hero
12/11/2004, 8:15 PM
Shels are definitely getting the jitters.

I know Shels have won it before, but have they been in a situation as close as this before. Only thing I can think of is when Bohs won the league at Tolka with 3 games left back in Jan 2003.

I'm beginning to think they have lost their bottle.

Gary
12/11/2004, 8:19 PM
I'm beginning to think they have lost their bottle.

Sssssshhhhhhh. Shels will be okay. City havent a hope ;)

Gary
12/11/2004, 8:34 PM
ALL OVER

We need to beat Bohs, and SPA to beat Shels.

Im Pats til next week! :)

Seanie
12/11/2004, 8:35 PM
All over at United Park 3-1

City Hero
12/11/2004, 8:38 PM
We're actually top until fultime at Tolka.

How good does this feel.

City Hero
12/11/2004, 8:43 PM
Shels back on top. Sh*t.

Eoin Hand says that it's Shels title to lose, and has been for some time.

They've made a good effort at loosing it lately.

Seanie
12/11/2004, 8:51 PM
It cant be simpler - beat Bohs (who will now have nothing to play for anyway). And Pats plot revenge on Shels for stealing their title back in 2002!! Bring it on!!

higgins
12/11/2004, 9:56 PM
You think shels are getting the jitters???
We won 2-1 !

All we have to do is win and the league is ours....

Got to hand it to you over the back to back wins over Drogheda
Very very good results and also coming on the back of the last 2 months results..

But Shels are not giving in and we did what we had to do tonight which was win!!??

After Europe you always had 2 games in hand so it wasnt too much of a surprise that you could close the gap it was just that nobody thought that you would

Fair play but you would be mad to back cork at this stage...

Gandhi
12/11/2004, 11:14 PM
ah g'wan back in yer box ;)
if ye haven't had the jitters recently I wouldn't like to see
what ye are like with them
one incredible save is what has ye on top of the table
fair play though, there on merit and all that
I'm sure you'll understand if I say we'll all be Pats fans for the
night next Friday
your days are numbered though Higgins, City will win
the league next season

morleyisgod
12/11/2004, 11:57 PM
sorry to bust your bubble higgins, but we should beat bohs next week, they, have nothing to play for, and pats are not going roll over to likes of ye :D

City Hero
13/11/2004, 12:16 AM

Actually, all you have to do is draw. Element of doubt already entering your mind.

After Europe you always had 2 games in hand.

Strange that even though we played 6 euro games and ye played 8, and ye were still playing euro games when we had our enforced 3 week break (I think).

thecorner
13/11/2004, 2:33 AM
You think shels are getting the jitters???
We won 2-1 !

Got to hand it to you over the back to back wins over Drogheda
Very very good results and also coming on the back of the last 2 months results..

But Shels are not giving in and we did what we had to do tonight which was win!!??

After Europe you always had 2 games in hand so it wasnt too much of a surprise that you could close the gap it was just that nobody thought that you would

Fair play but you would be mad to back cork at this stage...
isnt it great to have something to play for on the last game of the season

and what makes it better is that shels are sh!tting

thecorner
13/11/2004, 2:35 AM
nice post
;)

flares again tonite

.the place looked good

higgins
13/11/2004, 4:38 AM
I can seriously tell you that the fans i know and talk to were never worried about your little run ...

Only in the build up to the Shels Cork game a few week backwas there really a bit of nerves but like in so many other games over the season shels came up with the goods....

There will be no nerves next Friday and if Bohs dont have anything to play for (Are Crowe, Hawkins and Ryan Tolka bound???) then I dont know what pats have to play for?? They are already in wind down mode and players have been let go. Even Rovers managed a win for christs sake!!

If we do lose and you win then so be it but Ive never been so less worried about two games of football going shels way...
You have made the shels bottle tag up on about 10 occcasions this season already and not once has it stuck. This team are much better then bottlers... If we do lose you better be sure it will be from a good Pats win

Best of Luck next Friday
And Congratulations on the UEFA Cup...

Gary
13/11/2004, 10:03 AM
Only in the build up to the Shels Cork game a few week backwas there really a bit of nerves but like in so many other games over the season shels came up with the goods....

Came up with the goods? If being played off the park for 90 minutes with only a stunning save from your keeper to keep it at 0-0 is coming up with the good, i pity your ambition.

Shels have the upperhand, no one doubts that. All ye need is a draw against a very poor SPA side. Considering ye were 15 points ahead of us 2 months ago, to win the league by a mere 1or3 points doesnt exactly show 'bottle'. It shows over confidence, and 'bottling'.

A face
13/11/2004, 12:07 PM
How did a thread about Drogs get turned into about Shels ..... It think some Shels fans are a small bit obsessed, its OK ... you are allowed admit it ... Shels have the jitters !!

Come on City .... All the way !! (http://www.fourfiveone.net)

ollie
13/11/2004, 1:00 PM
Best of Luck next Friday
And Congratulations on the UEFA Cup...

cheers.at least we're back in europe which is the important thing.who would have thought we would be challenging for the title on the last game of the season after our slump after europe???it is unlikely that we will win the league but stranger things have happened..... ;)

Rebal Boy
13/11/2004, 1:16 PM

Thats what you think. I remember a few years back 97-98 season I think, Shels only needed a point away to Dundalk and Pats needed to beat Kilkenny City away and Shels lost and Pats beat Kilkenny and won the league. We might just do that. City fans don't give up yet.

ccfcgirl
13/11/2004, 4:34 PM
im just back from drog fantastic stuff altogether,drogs people were very supporttive and want city to win the league,

jofyisgod
13/11/2004, 7:33 PM
Thats what you think. I remember a few years back 97-98 season I think, Shels only needed a point away to Dundalk and Pats needed to beat Kilkenny City away and Shels lost and Pats beat Kilkenny and won the league. We might just do that. City fans don't give up yet.

MR.-Detect the sarcasm :rolleyes:

Great result last night-still buzzing...Drogheda is a tough place, buth the Rebel Army handled it. Signs of a great team here. If not this year, definetly next.

UP THE REBEL ARMY! :ball:

derm
15/11/2004, 10:33 AM
Some Bohs players are probably Shels bound at end of season and Pats won't be busting a gut to help Dolan win the league so the odds are firmly against City.

However I was there when Dundalk and Pats won it on last day so surely we're due one!

Ruairi
15/11/2004, 10:38 AM
Some Bohs players are probably Shels bound at end of season and Pats won't be busting a gut to help Dolan win the league so the odds are firmly against City.

they sure are. cashmans have it shels 1/20, city 7/1 to win the league outright

GavinZac
15/11/2004, 10:41 AM
Pats won't be busting a gut to help Dolan win the league !

hey will however be be hopeful of taking a league title from ollie Byrne.

Gary
15/11/2004, 10:51 AM
Looking at the SPA msg board, it seems most would love to see Shels dejected at 9.15 friday. The fact that they would be handing the league to City is irrelevant.

They want to cost Shels the league ON the pitch, like Shels cost them the league OFF it a few seasons back.

Éanna
15/11/2004, 11:12 AM
Looking at the SPA msg board, it seems most would love to see Shels dejected at 9.15 friday. The fact that they would be handing the league to City is irrelevant.

They want to cost Shels the league ON the pitch, like Shels cost them the league OFF it a few seasons back.
yeah, I really thinl that will come into it. they're a bitter lot round inchicore way as we all know, so hopefully they'll keep it up and do the business