PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Food!

sligoman
12/11/2004, 6:33 PM
Food is important and Nice :D , What's your favourite type? I just want to know which is most popular and can we get a poll please

Chinese,
Indian,
Irish(Potatoes,cabbage etc.),
Thai,
French,
Greek,
Turkish,
American,
Italian(pizza,pasta,lasagne etc.),
Other(please state)

Mine is Italian esp pizza
also like Chinese

the 12 th man
12/11/2004, 6:35 PM
without a doubt,indian.................superb,in fact just about to nuke one i got earlier,washed down with a few bottles of rolling rock. :D

Maz
12/11/2004, 6:36 PM
mine is definately chinese! love it, so tasty and different!

De Town
12/11/2004, 6:45 PM
Luigi's curry chips :D

max power
12/11/2004, 6:47 PM
luigi's curry chips....nuff said

max power
12/11/2004, 6:50 PM
when i posted there was no poll, so there........... :p

i stick with my choice, go on say i'm wrong

max power
12/11/2004, 6:53 PM
where is the poll ????? it is a proposed poll :confused:

de town picked 3 ffs !!!!!

Luigi's

max power
12/11/2004, 6:56 PM
i'm not wrong, read the options...........OTHER, PLEASE STATE.....

Luigi's curry chips

max power
12/11/2004, 7:03 PM
what category does it fall into ???? OTHER

De Town
12/11/2004, 7:41 PM
Luigi's

Have to agree with you on that 1 max. Luigi's it is :D

max power
12/11/2004, 7:42 PM
there maz......look i'm right, max is right, right right right :cool:

Maz
12/11/2004, 7:43 PM
What sure what did i say? :eek:

annacotty
12/11/2004, 8:02 PM
is that Luigi's of Parnell Street across the road from the railway station in Limerick. personally I think fusco's in garryowen do better chips.

If you walk a 100 yards further up the road from Luigi's to Wickham Street you can get DELICIOUS homemade Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup which has a real kick in it. It's a small takeaway sandwich bar. But this soup is THE BUSINESS. Occasionally they have slices of chicken breast in it. Check it out if you're in the locality. It really warms you up.

"peasant" french grub is really good but almost impossible to find. there was a place in Patrick Street, Limerick a few years ago.

with all the east european immigrants there should be some polish or latvian cafes / restaurants but haven't come across any. the Polish beegos is excellent.

sligoman
12/11/2004, 11:16 PM
is that Luigi's of Parnell Street across the road from the railway station in Limerick.

I think he means the one in Longford

A face
13/11/2004, 1:51 PM
Chinese

Good if you can get an authentic one, not many around i'm afraid ... not in Ireland anyway.

Indian

Yeah .. its OK ... i like the milder stuff, dont go for the hotter stuff, not into the whole inflicting pain on ones self. [/QUOTE]

Irish(Potatoes,cabbage etc.)

Love it ... when it is done well, it is the job ... pity people dont have a bit more pride in it but thats what you get from a national that survives on microwave dinners, sad really.

Thai

Now, here are the boys that know their stuff, tastes are unreal ... great stuff. My favourite right now by far.

French

They dont have the name for cuisine for nothing, good food.

Greek

Love the med stuff ... damn nice, Fish is really tasty

Turkish

Love most of this ... breads and stuff is the job, haven't eaten a whole lot but what i have .... tasty.

American

McDonalds is the job !!

seriously though ... Creole and Cajun and all that is good and mud pies etc. FFS ... they know how to over do it alright !!
And like all the new england stuff aswell ... but alot of that is close to Irish anyway so how bad. The states have it good alright ... a fusion of cultures makes for good food.

Italian(pizza,pasta,lasagne etc.),

Love it ... their regional food is unreal, everything, bread, cakes, pastas, affettate, .... everything .... they really know how to enjoy their food. Great character and pride. This is also my favourite ... i have two now !! :p

Spanish

Tapas (spelling) ... some great grub there too !!

sligoman
13/11/2004, 1:56 PM
Somebody certainly likes their food A face :D .Altough I agree with you on most of it. ;)

Colm
14/11/2004, 7:21 PM
Italian would definately be my favourite. Also like Indian.

ccfcman
15/11/2004, 8:28 AM
Lasagne or any kind of pasta with creamy sauce ;) Italians have the best coffee,best food, best cars and best women!

GAP Year methinks!

Closed Account 2
16/11/2004, 3:03 AM
Italian food is very good esp Pizza Romana, Napoli and Bologna are the best places for food if your ever there.

Indian is good too, tho the Indian food in the UK and Ireland is more like Bangladeshi (meat in thick sauces) than Indian (more based around Lentils etc), which is something to bear in mind if you go there as some find it suprising... "Kashmiri" dishes are what I tend to go for.

Chinese, again decent stuff, only trouble is it tends to make a few people (myself included) fairly thirsty... usually go for Sezchaun Crispy Beef.

Mexican and Lebanese are good too. I dont know too much about Greek or Turkish except Moussaka and Kebabs, but im sure there is more stuff that is nice.

Macy
16/11/2004, 7:55 AM
Italian, Tex Mex and Indian would be my favourites, probably in that order of the foreign food. However, had to beat a good feed of spuds (smothered in proper butter), meat and 2 veg...

max power
16/11/2004, 8:13 AM
Italian, Tex Mex and Indian would be my favourites, probably in that order of the foreign food. However, had to beat a good feed of spuds (smothered in proper butter), meat and 2 veg...

yeah macy i heard you somethimes went for the meat and 2 veg ;)

pete
17/11/2004, 1:56 PM
Had Greek meal in London a good few years ago & was not impressed. Think had something to do with liberal addition of coriander :o

Good in turkey surprisingly good with nice price to match.

Impressed with range, quality & price of food in New York earlier this year considering US usually has bad reputation for grub.

wws
17/11/2004, 1:59 PM
popcorn chicken

need i say more?

max power
17/11/2004, 2:00 PM
toast......nuff said

Dillo
19/11/2004, 9:32 PM
Nothing nicer than a proper feed with spuds (not Spud Murphy :) ), steak&onions, vegetables, gravy, yorkshire pudding and the like.

Fcuk the greasy chips, battered sausages and quarter pounders from Luigis and Deli Burger, the Chinese's (hope I'm not been racist again!), Italian and Indian sh!te and whatever else they throw up these days.

It's quite clear from reading the comments on this thread that a lot of people are used to very little when it comes to dining! Wouldn't lower myself to step inside a Longford take-away.