PDA

View Full Version : Germany V Republic of Ireland - Tuesday, 14th October 2014 - Euro 2016 Qualifier

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

tricky_colour
06/11/2014, 6:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdn76h98-L0

Someone unscrewed the aspect ratio and angle of that footage.

Funny how one fan seems to see the goal before it happens.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Xi4JR66mVnb082OTkzcTFTYTQ/preview

(https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Xi4JR66mVnb082OTkzcTFTYTQ/preview)

DannyInvincible
06/11/2014, 8:04 PM
Funny how one fan seems to see the goal before it happens.

That was Paul.

geysir
06/11/2014, 8:18 PM
That was Paul.
It wasn't Paul, not even Paul could foresee the unrepeatable, one in million chance, that O'Shea would/could score.

Strangely enough, in the previous video from the fan in the dearer seats, he also gave out an ecstatic groan once Hendrick made the perfect connection.

DannyInvincible
06/11/2014, 8:38 PM
HZL are a firm, connected with Wroclaw, and Lech Poznan.

I can't find anything on them online. Are you sure it wasn't just another guy feeding you bull, telling you what you want to hear? :p

Edit: Ah wait, it seems to stand for Hooligans Zagłębie Lubin.

ArdeeBhoy
06/11/2014, 11:41 PM
and they don't post here. Odd, that.
You can hardly blame them. A lot of them have no great interest in Ireland, let alone our football...

What could be better than discussing football with strangers?
Don't you mean some, er, 'strange' people?
:)

Eh, friends you haven't met yet. And Paul.

Paul's sound! As are the other 3-4 current posters from here I've met...
Plus numerous former ones.

He writes for The Irish Independent. That's how he has so many contacts. He scarcely has enough time to post under his Ardee Bhoy moniker as it is.
Almost a gross insult, given the status of that rag...
;)

tricky_colour
06/11/2014, 11:53 PM
That was Paul.

Must say I am pretty impressed, even when I was watching it live I didn't think we would score
until the ball was in the net, it looked a certainty to me that the German defender would get there
first. It's gotta go down as on of the great Irish goals of all time.

I am kind of reminded of when Balotelli scored when O'Shea was marking him (Euro's 2012?),
this being the reverse situation.

tricky_colour
07/11/2014, 12:06 AM
It wasn't Paul, not even Paul could foresee the unrepeatable, one in million chance, that O'Shea would/could score.

Strangely enough, in the previous video from the fan in the dearer seats, he also gave out an ecstatic groan once Hendrick made the perfect connection.

It is interesting you can see the fans in the cheaper seats where the first video was taken from, I think he was in
the higher section going by the perspective.

Actually I am not sure if the groan was from a German, you hear a voice before it which sounds German to me,but I am not sure
however it is had to listen to carefully as shortly afterwards the noise volume is deafening

geysir
07/11/2014, 11:51 AM
No doubt Roy was in the middle of the ecstatic celebrations along the sidelines, pumping high fives, celebrating a draw against a first seeded team.
How perspectives have changed for the acrimonious Keane since the WC 2002 campaign, started out in Amsterdam.

DeLorean
07/11/2014, 12:03 PM
In fairness, there's a big difference between throwing away a two goal lead in the last twenty minutes and getting an equaliser with the last kick of the game. The final whistle of that game in Amsterdam should have been bittersweet for everybody, at best.

BonnieShels
07/11/2014, 12:05 PM
In fairness, there's a big difference between throwing away a two goal lead in the last twenty minutes and getting an equaliser with the last kick of the game. The final whistle of that game in Amsterdam should have been bittersweet for everybody, at best.

Especially for an Uncle of mine who had a 2-2 draw in Ladbrokes.

DeLorean
07/11/2014, 12:07 PM
Especially for an Uncle of mine who had a 2-2 draw in Ladbrokes.

I was stocking the mineral aisle in Tesco that evening, more bitter than sweet.

BonnieShels
07/11/2014, 12:11 PM
I was stocking the mineral aisle in Tesco that evening, more bitter than sweet.

Can't bate a birra TK Red.

geysir
07/11/2014, 12:45 PM
McCarthy's team had a plan to win that game, in the end there was relief that the fortunately deflected equaliser was the last score. Dunne had something personally to celebrate and be congratulated upon.
McCarthy said we should have won it and said we could have lost it, but knew we had won a precious qualifying point which weighed heavily in the end.
O'Neill and Keane had a plan to get a draw in Germany and perhaps nowadays Roy has finally copped on that an away point against the top seeds is something to be content with and valued.

paul_oshea
07/11/2014, 1:20 PM
Germany were more than top seeds though. They won the world cup. Holland finished 4th in the Euros, not bad but hardly world champions.

DeLorean
07/11/2014, 2:36 PM
McCarthy's team had a plan to win that game, in the end there was relief that the fortunately deflected equaliser was the last score. Dunne had something personally to celebrate and be congratulated upon.
McCarthy said we should have won it and said we could have lost it, but knew we had won a precious qualifying point which weighed heavily in the end.
O'Neill and Keane had a plan to get a draw in Germany and perhaps nowadays Roy has finally copped on that an away point against the top seeds is something to be content with and valued.

Okay, all of that is true, but let's just go back to what you said...

No doubt Roy was in the middle of ecstatic celebrations along the sidelines, pumping high fives, celebrating a draw against a first seeded team.
How perspectives have changed for the acrimonious Keane since the WC 2002 campaign, started out in Amsterdam.

Would Keane have been in the "middle of ecstatic celebrations along the sidelines, pumping high fives, celebrating a draw", had we thrown away a two goal lead in Germany, just because we were hanging on a bit at the end? If you believe he would then, yes, his perspective certainly has changed. If not, then his perspective hasn't really changed at all, or at least you shouldn't use this particular example to claim that it has.

jbyrne
07/11/2014, 2:47 PM
Germany were more than top seeds though. They won the world cup. Holland finished 4th in the Euros, not bad but hardly world champions.

still one of our best away performances I can recall though. both our goals were superb and we could have had 2 or 3 more.
superb Irish support in the stadium that night also

DeLorean
25/08/2016, 12:31 PM
Bump.

DeLorean
29/08/2016, 2:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q48llMmFK8

DeLorean
29/08/2016, 2:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waL9Ps2bixk

DeLorean
13/09/2016, 8:46 AM