PDA

View Full Version : Delaney wanted Bryan Robson instead of Kerr

Paris04
12/11/2004, 10:19 AM
...after the interview process for the manager's job, according to a profile of him in today's Irish Independent. You couldn't make this stuff up.

drummerboy
12/11/2004, 10:27 AM
I'd believe it. His motivation for serving the FAI was the gain revenge for his father who had to pay £100,000 of his own money for missing tickets receipts. Hardly a reason to impress an interview board if he ever has to appear before one. These people seem to want to stay on board because of our excellent chance of qualifying for Germany. Sorry for repeating myself he is also the guy who repeatedly stated 2 years ago that “If the Genesis is not implemented fully by this time next year, I will resign from the FAI” – that was 2 years ago. Now the main positions recommended to be filled by professionals in the Genesis Report still have not been advertised. Delaney has been asked to take over in the meantime. This beggars belief. How brazen can you get – this guy has a short memory.

drinkfeckarse
12/11/2004, 10:36 AM
This doesn't look good at all, I'm prepared to give the man a chance but I'll never be able to get it out of me head now that he wanted Robson :eek: :D

thejollyrodger
12/11/2004, 10:46 AM
The FAI are such a F'ing joke it doesnt surprise me. None of muppets there have the slighest idea about soccer. Kerr is one of the best managers about, defintely a lot better than Robson. I think they wanted Delaney in there all the time. What a F'ing idiot Delaney is !! Such a *****.

I think the governments stance is a life line to ordinary soccer supporters, I hope, like dunphy said, the government stops giving the FAI a cent until they totally reform. The blazers wont change their culture until there forced to.

The government would do well to give its funding to a new FA of Ireland. I dont know if that is possible.

Roll on Croatia, I hope there is plenty of abuse given (FOR ONCE )

Bowsy
12/11/2004, 2:50 PM
Dear Lord, thanks be to jaysus that train wreck of a manager never got the Ireland job. Superb player and seems a decent enough guy but wouldn't let him manage my sunday league team.

Always worrying to think about the great minds that control Irish football.

Slash/ED
12/11/2004, 4:15 PM
Worryingly, what if we have one or two bad results over the next while with him as CEO? If he doesn't like Kerr, will he be likely to sack him at the first chance he gets and get his man, bleedin' Bryan Robson, in his place?

Luckily I suppose at least Robson is no longer unemployed so there's less risk of that.

Superhoops
12/11/2004, 4:28 PM
Worryingly, what if we have one or two bad results over the next while with him as CEO? If he doesn't like Kerr, will he be likely to sack him at the first chance he gets and get his man, bleedin' Bryan Robson, in his place?

Luckily I suppose at least Robson is no longer unemployed so there's less risk of that.
Delaney normally keeps his cards close to his chest (things to hide!) However, his passion for MU is well known (no doubt he has already weaseled his way to be appointed as a UEFA observer at MU's home european games) and it would be no surprise to see him looking after one of his own, MU or ex-MU mates, just as he is trying to look after Peter Buckley.

Anyway, still no 'white smoke' from Merrion Square to tell us a new 'papa' has been appointed!

eoinh
12/11/2004, 5:06 PM
Delaney normally keeps his cards close to his chest (things to hide!) However, his passion for MU is well known (no doubt he has already weaseled his way to be appointed as a UEFA observer at MU's home european games) and it would be no surprise to see him looking after one of his own, MU or ex-MU mates, just as he is trying to look after Peter Buckley.

Anyway, still no 'white smoke' from Merrion Square to tell us a new 'papa' has been appointed!

Its flippinn sad that one of the heads of the FAI is a supporter of a foreign team :rolleyes:

Seriously Emmet Malone was suggesting last tuesday that the eircom league should break away from the FAI. Im inclined to agree.

onceahoop
13/11/2004, 7:42 PM
Its flippinn sad that one of the heads of the FAI is a supporter of a foreign team :rolleyes:

Seriously Emmet Malone was suggesting last tuesday that the eircom league should break away from the FAI. Im inclined to agree.

If Delaney wanted Robson as Manager then he's even a bigger Gobsh*te than I imagined (if that's possible). :eek:

The EL have already made noises about breaking away from the FAI. YESTERDAY WOULDN'T BE SOON ENOUGH.

1MickCollins
13/11/2004, 10:17 PM
It would be embarrassing if the EL broke away but as they are net benificaries in the relationship I can't see as it makes any sense unless the EL can then get the money they get from the FAI now directly from the Government.

The FAI has really only 2 sources of revenue - the home senior internationals and Goverment/Sports Council grants. Does anyone know if a certain % of the money the FAI receives from the government *has* to go to the EL? And whether or not the EL receives any money above and beyond this figure from the FAI? Does the EL have anything to gain from breaking with the FAI other than self-respect?