PDA

View Full Version : Questions to ask about music over here in Lannnnndon

Pauro 76
11/11/2004, 5:17 PM
1) Why do djs over here when playing Damien Rice's song "The Blowers Daughter" introduce it as his brand new single. Heard the song about 2 1/2 years ago now.... has time stood still?

2) A girl over here called me racist because i said i hated R'n'B when talking about what music i was into. Whats wrong with hating R and B? Its not racist hating the stuff. Is it?

3) What the hell is a "Babycake"?

James
11/11/2004, 5:23 PM
1) Why do djs over here when playing Damien Rice's song "The Blowers Daughter" introduce it as his brand new single. Heard the song about 2 1/2 years ago now.... has time stood still?

Even though "O" has had an irish release for circa 2 years now and Rice has been playing that song live for even longer his album has only been recently released in the UK after the US, so it acutally by the UK is indeed his latest single.

jofyisgod
11/11/2004, 5:24 PM

I'm here in Laaaandan Taaan too, so i'll try and answer with my best efforts.
Don't know the answer to this one-time warp, maybe?

2) A girl over here called me racist because i said i hated R'n'B when talking about what music i was into. Whats wrong with hating R and B? Its not racist hating the stuff. Is it?

I hate it too, and i get funny looks when i say i couldn't give a flying fúck about 50 Cent et al. It's just that Pop music in London is now R'n'B. Purely a cultural thing, can't be avoided.

It was a song that came out in the summer. I wasn't here for it, but i have heard it and it is total shíte. My friend described it as 'a plague-like infection sweeping the nation'. Spot on.

Pat O' Banton
11/11/2004, 5:26 PM

1) Don't know.

2) No your not being rascist - most modern day RnB is repetitive, bland rubbish. Indeed so bland that they couldn't even find a proper name for it. RnB is John Lee Hooker or Muddy Waters, brilliant original stuff, yoou can tell her that she is nothing more than music industry fodder for the latest fashion.

3) A crap, intensly annoying song :mad:

ccfcman
11/11/2004, 6:39 PM
Whats the deal with those rappers making cheap videos, all up in their Arsenal jerseys!!

Closed Account 2
12/11/2004, 12:09 AM

A lot of these yuppie DJs over here are half-wits... Its become the latest cool thing to be an amatuer DJ and do "mixin'" and use trite clichéd phrases such as "luvin' it", "bo" and "blud/bhlut" or whatever ever the **** that silly term of endearment is. Most of these people havent a clue what theyre playing, when it was released etc but just want to be part of this silly fad.

No, tell her you like Crosby, Louis Armstrong and Lionel Ritchie... Seriously tho dont waste your breath on someone like that or ask her if she likes Pavarotti, Jean Michelle-Jarré etc and when she says no ask her if it makes her racist.

sylvo
12/11/2004, 7:31 AM
2) A girl over here called me racist because i said i hated R'n'B when talking about what music i was into. Whats wrong with hating R and B? Its not racist hating the stuff

Its not at all racist to call this music garbage, it's listened to by people who don't know anything about music, not to mention some of it playing up to ''gang culture ''. As pat pionted out real R'B is like Muddy waters, Buddy Guy and John Lee Hooker, tell her to go and check out one of those fellas. If she wants to argue with someone about this type of stuff send her to me, it's almost impossible around here to tune into XFM because of all the homie's blocking up the airwaves with their pirate dance and R'n'B stations.

Plastic Paddy
12/11/2004, 8:05 AM
Come and live in sunny west London, Sylv. xfm radio reception is as clear as a bell here. :)

:D PP

dublinred
12/11/2004, 9:28 AM
Get your hands on RiRa magazine and check out some decent live bands.

sylvo
12/11/2004, 10:45 AM
Come and live in sunny west London, Sylv. xfm radio reception is as clear as a bell here. :)

:D PP

Thanks PP but i'd better stay here in amongst all the turf wars between the Spurs the Arsenal and the bush hill crew ( a bunch of ten year olds in hooded tops, who are trying to turn my yard into South Central LA.) :mad:

Troy.McClure
12/11/2004, 11:17 AM

I think that its featured on the ad for NOW 114, if its the one Im thinking about, its total $hite, you're better off noot knowing really.