PDA

View Full Version : Best ever signings!!!

KR's Post
11/11/2004, 12:45 PM
4 categories to choose from...
Goalkeeper:

Defender:

Midfielder:

Striker:
Mine are!
GK: John Walsh,(skippy a close second)

Def:Wesley Charles

Midf: 'Pip' Keogh

Striker: Jason Byrne or Tarzan. Can't seperate them,considering what they've done for the club!!!! :D (biased me again)!!!!

Anyone got their favourites in their head. Post em here.. Then maybe if Players come up a number of times make it a poll..... :) :)

Roo69
11/11/2004, 12:58 PM
Goalkeeper:
Josh Moran / Chippy Devlin / John Walsh / Chris O'Connor

Defender:
Wes Charles / Bo McKeever / Mo Farrell / Jody Lynch / Mick Doohan

Midfielder:
Thomas Morgan / Pip Keogh / Colm Tresson / Eddie Gormley / Foxy

Striker:
Jason Byrne / Robbie Doyle (if we had of held on to him longer !) / Paul Keegan / Tarzan / John Ryan

KR's Post
11/11/2004, 12:59 PM
Big selection there!!!! You can't decide.All great players for the club,have represented us very well over the years!!!!! :)

footballplease
11/11/2004, 2:06 PM
I was just reading Roo's list and you know what?

The majority of those players were playing for Bray during the year we finished second. This was a hugely talented squad and should have been built upon by 'our great leader'.
Don't give me any of that crap about money, etc - the crowds that year were huge by Bray's standards so where did the money go????
Anyway, we had probably our best team ever that year (sigh!!!)

Walsh in goal
Defence - Matt Jody Mick Mo
Midfield - Tresson, Pip, Morgan, Gormley, Foxy (Any 4)
Attack - Jayo, Keegan (Before shels kicked him off the pitch), Robbie

A talented squad - wasted!!!!! A real ****-up.
And another thing - they played in F**kin STRIPES!!!!!! The kit we should be playing in always - could you imagine Rovers ditching their hoops???

But as always we stand by and accept it. Thats why we will NEVER be a force in the EL until there is a radical change at the club - lose the 'family club' ****e - be aggressive and proactive!

Anyway - Rant over and tin hat on! :cool:

Roo69
11/11/2004, 2:15 PM
I was just reading Roo's list and you know what?

The majority of those players were playing for Bray during the year we finished second. This was a hugely talented squad and should have been built upon by 'our great leader'.
Don't give me any of that crap about money, etc - the crowds that year were huge by Bray's standards so where did the money go????
Anyway, we had probably our best team ever that year (sigh!!!)

Walsh in goal
Defence - Matt Jody Mick Mo
Midfield - Tresson, Pip, Morgan, Gormley, Foxy (Any 4)
Attack - Jayo, Keegan (Before shels kicked him off the pitch), Robbie

A talented squad - wasted!!!!! A real ****-up.
And another thing - they played in F**kin STRIPES!!!!!! The kit we should be playing in always - could you imagine Rovers ditching their hoops???

But as always we stand by and accept it. Thats why we will NEVER be a force in the EL until there is a radical change at the club - lose the 'family club' ****e - be aggressive and proactive!

Anyway - Rant over and tin hat on! :cool:

Well, what can i say about that ?

apart from, we never finished 2nd in the premier division. 4th was th highest we have ever finished. fact.

How can a team with NO money expect to hold on to their best players when the top teams in the league come knocking ? this does not only happen at Bray but every single club in the same suitation as ours - i.e - nearly every club in world football.

Yeah i do agree with you on the kit thingy, but in answer to your question. The Slevin Group became our offical shirt sponsor and did you expect them to let NTL stay on front of the jersey ? we had no other stripped options at this time.

There are lot of aggressive and proactive people within the club,but not enough of them, why dont you offer your services ?

footballplease
11/11/2004, 2:50 PM
apart from, we never finished 2nd in the premier division. 4th was th highest we have ever finished. fact.
ok ok , A typo - i know we finished fourth - my mistake!

How can a team with NO money expect to hold on to their best players when the top teams in the league come knocking ? this does not only happen at Bray but every single club in the same suitation as ours - i.e - nearly every club in world football.
Fair point - but there was money that year - the gates were big enough and the players didn't run away until a year or so later when it became clear that there was no ambition and that Devo was staying on.

Yeah i do agree with you on the kit thingy, but in answer to your question. The Slevin Group became our offical shirt sponsor and did you expect them to let NTL stay on front of the jersey ? we had no other stripped options at this time.
Thank you - well this particular issue has upset the majority of fans i know. Please don't tell me that adidas or whoever, didn't have ANY striped jerseys available. :rolleyes:

There are lot of aggressive and proactive people within the club,but not enough of them, why dont you offer your services ?
Acknowledged - but there is never any communication from within the club to it's fans - hence the drop-off in attendances. I mean, a lot of fans started to go down to the Carlisle in 2001 when we did well and got into a habit of Friday night football, then the club decided to change to Sundays!!
Then the strip thing. And worst of all, no-one seems to have a bulls notion of when the development work is going on.

To be honest, the club has lost a lot of fans lately and i would love to see them back because we need a team in the premier with big crowds. The current general manager, Jack, is doing great work down there and we need more like him. And Roo, yes i would love to get involved. You will see me in the close season.

Roo69
11/11/2004, 3:17 PM
Fair point - but there was money that year - the gates were big enough and the players didn't run away until a year or so later when it became clear that there was no ambition and that Devo was staying on.

Thank you - well this particular issue has upset the majority of fans i know. Please don't tell me that adidas or whoever, didn't have ANY striped jerseys available. :rolleyes:

Acknowledged - but there is never any communication from within the club to it's fans - hence the drop-off in attendances. I mean, a lot of fans started to go down to the Carlisle in 2001 when we did well and got into a habit of Friday night football, then the club decided to change to Sundays!!
Then the strip thing. And worst of all, no-one seems to have a bulls notion of when the development work is going on.

To be honest, the club has lost a lot of fans lately and i would love to see them back because we need a team in the premier with big crowds. The current general manager, Jack, is doing great work down there and we need more like him. And Roo, yes i would love to get involved. You will see me in the close season.

good stuff ! the club needs more people likeyou who are willing to help the club out

REVIP
11/11/2004, 4:51 PM
I am hesitant to post anything on this site, the standard response seems to be abuse!

Work takes me from one place to another every few years, but I have had the opportunity to support Bray since 1999. They work hard, but there does seem to be a communication problem, and, more seriously, a lack of confidence to express a clear vision.

As you know, Wimbledon fans had their club sold as a francchise that was moved to Milton Keynes. In response they created their own club, which now attracts crowds of 2,500-3,000 and plays in the Ryman League. I wonder if there are lessons that could be learned from the Wimbledon experience in how to build a club. Check out: afcwimbledon.co.uk

wes4pres
11/11/2004, 5:16 PM
goalkeeper - josh moran
defender - WES!!
midfielder - pip
striker - tarzan

Seagull
11/11/2004, 7:30 PM
good stuff ! the club needs more people likeyou who are willing to help the club out
Well fair enough Roo but what exactly is it that needs to be done? Join the supporters club? Sell programmes? Stewarding? What? Fair play to them that spend matchdays doing that but I'd prefer to be watching the football. And before you brand me a whinger again, I'll point out that I give a big chunk of my time to schoolboy football where the need is obvious. Less obviously, tell me what I could be doing for Wanderers... I refuse to wear that seagull costume though. :confused:

Oh, and keeper- John Walsh,
Defender and LEADER on the pitch- Bo McKeever,
Midfield (winger)-Pat the sparrow O'Brien
Forward- Tarzan

Roo69
12/11/2004, 7:53 AM
Well fair enough Roo but what exactly is it that needs to be done? Join the supporters club? Sell programmes? Stewarding? What? Fair play to them that spend matchdays doing that but I'd prefer to be watching the football. And before you brand me a whinger again, I'll point out that I give a big chunk of my time to schoolboy football where the need is obvious. Less obviously, tell me what I could be doing for Wanderers... I refuse to wear that seagull costume though. :confused:

Oh, and keeper- John Walsh,
Defender and LEADER on the pitch- Bo McKeever,
Forward- Tarzan

Damn it ! i wasjust going toask you to wear the seagull around :D :D :D Only kidden. Drop down and have a chat with Jack and i'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

and how could i have forgot about Pat O'Brien ! legend. Also yer man Steve Jones who know plays for Crewe.

KR's Post
12/11/2004, 8:11 AM

Oh ye,forgot him!!! Good choice :)

KR's Post
12/11/2004, 12:35 PM
Davy Williamson aswell. Whatever happened to him. What a player though.
Robbie Coyle was a special player also!

shankilwanderer
12/11/2004, 2:08 PM
Hey, Tarzan go back to work. You heading out after tonight?

My Best players would be:

Goalkeeper: John Walsh or Skip

Defender: Jody, Wes, Doohan, Bo Mckeaver

Midfield: Robbie Coyle, Tresson, Morgan, Forsyth

Striker: Jayo, Ryan,Tarzan, Keegan.

But who would manage them?? :rolleyes:

KR's Post
12/11/2004, 2:26 PM
Hey, Tarzan go back to work. You heading out after tonight?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whatever. might be late tonight,but get the flags up and i'll see you there at 7.15 -7.20. :o

shankilwanderer
12/11/2004, 2:29 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whatever. might be late tonight,but get the flags up and i'll see you there at 7.15 -7.20. :o

Last match of the season, you have to go out after. :mad:

KR's Post
12/11/2004, 2:36 PM
Last match of the season, you have to go out after. :mad:
See last post on best ever signings!!!

shankilwanderer
12/11/2004, 2:41 PM
See last post on best ever signings!!!

Yeah flags will be up, they always are. Bring the drums.

KR's Post
12/11/2004, 2:42 PM
Bring the drums.
Drum. The other one is broken :( . All the flags tonight and singing for, well, the whole night.

shankilwanderer
12/11/2004, 2:45 PM
Drum. The other one is broken :( . All the flags tonight and singing for, well, the whole night.

Who cares if the skin is gone, it will do.