PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie in the sun

Flynninio
11/11/2004, 11:59 AM
todays sun has word of protest from members of foot.ie planning red card display for milo sheep head corcoran and wiggy delaney.

Bondvillain
11/11/2004, 4:46 PM
todays sun has word of protest from members of foot.ie planning red card display for milo sheep head corcoran and wiggy delaney.

Good start. With any luck a couple of proper newspapers might run with the story now.

eirebhoy
11/11/2004, 6:08 PM
With any luck a couple of proper newspapers...
I'd say the person who mentioned it in the article will read this thread. :)

onenilgameover
11/11/2004, 8:26 PM
Great stuff! I reckon we give the scoop to the Daily Star on Tuesday the day of the match..I'd say they would be into it....

Robinski
12/11/2004, 9:25 AM
I missed this. Can someone please transcribe what it said?

onceahoop
12/11/2004, 8:10 PM
Taoiseach backs John O'Donoghue in FAI row

19:23 Friday November 12th 2004

The Taoiseach has commented on the row of the appointment of the FAI Chief Executive
Irish soccer's governing body wants to appoint its Honorary Secretary John Delaney to the post for an interim period, but this may lead to the Government pulling FAI funding.

The Minister for Sport John O'Donoghue wants the positions of Chief Executive and Director of Finance advertised before the New Year.

The Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has backed this stance, "They are going through secretary generals quicker that Italy went through premiers after the war, and that's not a good idea."

I couldn't find the Sun. But here's a classic I've pasted from Unison :D :D

Troy.McClure
15/11/2004, 11:52 AM
I'd say the person who mentioned it in the article will read this thread. :)

Give us a free plug Sun! :)

thejollyrodger
15/11/2004, 11:55 AM
how's about posting and saying who you are !!

Ozymandias
15/11/2004, 2:38 PM
sunday independent and TV3 news also mentioned that fans on message boards were organising a protest..Indo said that it was for Fran Rooney (misguided as he says himself) also he said that if the protest comes off it will show the FAI that the fans are more organised than themselves