PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Rumour or fact

drummerboy
11/11/2004, 11:32 AM
A rumour doing the rounds in D9 is that Rocky Ronan Seery could be on his way to Shelbourne in a full-time capacity as Commercial Manager.

Macy
11/11/2004, 11:36 AM
A rumour doing the rounds in D9 is that Rocky Ronan Seery could be on his way to Shelbourne in a full-time capacity as Commercial Manager.
Surely ditching a club at a time like this just isn't what football is about....

Wouldn't be surprised if CHF merged with Shels though, infact it's been going around since they formed/changed their name (delete as applicable to the arguement)...

carrickharp
11/11/2004, 11:41 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me a bit, in all fairness to Seery he runs a club with basically no fans, so like him or hate him :) he is good at his job.

joeSoap
11/11/2004, 11:50 AM
Shels already have a full-time commercial manager, I think his name is Maher or something. They're hardly gonna sack him to give Kermit the Frog a job are they??

Macy
11/11/2004, 12:34 PM
They're hardly gonna sack him to give Kermit the Frog a job are they??
They would if it was a condition of a merger...

$Leon$
11/11/2004, 12:40 PM
excuse my ignorance but who is CHF?

Slash/ED
11/11/2004, 12:43 PM
excuse my ignorance but who is CHF?

Dublin City.

$Leon$
11/11/2004, 12:45 PM
Dublin City.

explain please guessin the hf is home farm but the c still confusin me

Slash/ED
11/11/2004, 12:46 PM
explain please guessin the hf is home farm but the c still confusin me

Continuity Home Farm is what it stands for, it's an endearing nickname some fans have for Dublin City :)

Macy
11/11/2004, 12:48 PM
Continuity Home Farm is what it stands for, it's an endearing nickname some fans have for Dublin City :)
I actually prefer ICBINHF but it's just too long :)

Buile Shuibhne
11/11/2004, 1:44 PM
Shels already have a full-time commercial manager, I think his name is Maher or something. They're hardly gonna sack him to give Kermit the Frog a job are they??

Nobody of that name at Tolka.

There is someone there doing the job, but not too well - only last Monday he sent out a group text to me and others, looking for a match sponsor for Fridays big game against Waterford - he should be fighting them off for this game?

I'd love to see Rocky in the job at Tolka but it won't happen. He's carring on the mantle of his father who founded Home Farm with Brendan Menton's father. He'd never walk away from that history.

Anyway, even if if were to happen - it would be a takeover by Shels rather than a merger - with Rocky the only assett to be gained.

Macy
11/11/2004, 1:48 PM
I'd love to see Rocky in the job at Tolka but it won't happen. He's carring on the mantle of his father who founded Home Farm with Brendan Menton's father. He'd never walk away from that history.
Sorry Fintan, but surely he's already walked away from history with the name change? He's walked away from Whitehall as well. Whatever about the pure speculation of a merger/takeover, that surely isn't an applicable reason...

Schumi
11/11/2004, 1:54 PM
What good would a merger do for Shels? The only real assets CHF have are Seery and the their name. Would the merged entity be called Shelbourne or DC?

Macy
11/11/2004, 1:56 PM
What good would a merger do for Shels? The only real assets CHF have are Seery and the their name. Would the merged entity be called Shelbourne or DC?
Contacts that come with Seery. I really hate him, but if you put him into a proper club....

joeSoap
11/11/2004, 2:01 PM

There is someone there doing the job, but not too well - only last Monday he sent out a group text to me and others, looking for a match sponsor for Fridays big game against Waterford - he should be fighting them off for this game?

Sorry....his name is JOHN PHELAN

A face
11/11/2004, 6:53 PM

Fúckin' splitters :p

drummerboy
12/11/2004, 10:09 AM

Anyway, even if if were to happen - it would be a takeover by Shels rather than a merger - with Rocky the only assett to be gained.

Rocky would be a huge signing for Shelbourne. The man has great finance-gathering attributes. The argument about his fathers legacy doesn't come into it. His father founded a schoolboy club, Home Farm, who are still thriving. Rocky has had his runs in with HF, who have invested heavily in the Whitehall facility. Belgrove have now moved in on a 3 year contract with an option to extend. Could DC still afford to play in Tolka in the first division? Roddy hinted at Rocky pulling the plug on DC on the Joe Duffy show and used it as a reason to leave. Interesting times.

ShelsTim
13/11/2004, 6:24 PM
Would be a good move I think, Dublin City are going nowhere and I wouldn't mind a bit of the Carrols deal they have going. Doubt it'll happen though, Seery might build them into a force yet.

onceahoop
13/11/2004, 6:29 PM
Would be a good move I think, Dublin City are going nowhere and I wouldn't mind a bit of the Carrols deal they have going. Doubt it'll happen though, Seery might build them into a force yet.

It's not going to happen. Keely's staying on as manager next season. :rolleyes: