PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich Town Irish and Opposition Irish

Charlie Darwin
27/09/2014, 2:32 PM
Figured it would be easier to start a new thread with a host of Irish attacking players at Ipswich now.

Mick's gone with a front three of Murphy-McGoldrick-Sammon again at home to Rotherham, and Murphy and McGoldrick have put them 2-0 up within six minutes.

Stuttgart88
27/09/2014, 3:31 PM
Is it fair to say that the early season worries of TOWK about the Championship Scots having started the season better than our Championship players can be put aside?

Crosby87
27/09/2014, 11:01 PM
M-m-m-mickey and the Ips....

tricky_colour
28/09/2014, 2:51 AM
4 straight wins for Ipswich, not the strongest of opposition, just bottom half, but a good run nonetheless.

They beat 2 teams Forest only drew with so they are doing very will, about 5-1 for promotion, Forest 2-1
Derby and Norwich evens.

TheOneWhoKnocks
18/10/2014, 2:03 PM
First appearance of the season for Stephen Hunt. Daryl Murphy out injured.

TheOneWhoKnocks
31/10/2014, 2:04 PM
Praise for Hunty; Hunty proving Blackpool wrong

http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=375134

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/stephen_hunt_thank_god_i_didn_t_join_blackpool_1_3 827879

Luke Chambers "won't go begging" for Ireland call up

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/luke_chambers_won_t_go_begging_for_a_republic_of_i reland_call_up_1_3817452

Mick McCarthy in good form at Ipswich AGM

"McCarthy was in good form at the event, attended by dozens of supporters. When one person said they wouldn’t reference a certain ex-Town manager (Roy Keane, a man McCarthy had an infamous fall-out with when manager of the Republic of Ireland), he joked ‘that suits me fine!’

On a similar subject, when asked about his relationship with international managers, McCarthy laughed: “I get on fine with the managers, it’s the assistants that are the problem!” (Keane assistant to the Republic of Ireland’s Martin O’Neill)."

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mick_mccarthy_i_refused_to_be_blackmailed_by_cryst al_palace_over_tyrone_mings_bid_1_3827926

gastric
04/11/2014, 10:28 PM
Loads of Irish involvement for Ipswich in this game. McGoldrick's work for one of the goals plus Murphy's finish is something I am looking forward to seeing. McAlinden came on for Wolves which is great to see as did once potential Irish recruit and forgotten man, Darron Ambrose.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/26122/

gastric
06/11/2014, 7:20 AM
Mick praises Hunt and Tabb. Love Hunt's attitude, he is an absolute battler!

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/26126/

TheOneWhoKnocks
06/12/2014, 2:50 PM
Two goals by Daryl Murphy either side of a penalty by David McGoldrick as Ipswich come from behind to lead Leeds by 3 goals to 1.

Murphy is the top scorer in the Championship with 13 goals, equaling his goalscoring tally from last season.

DannyInvincible
30/01/2015, 9:56 AM
19-year-old winger Dylan Connolly has joined Ipswich from Shels.

TheOneWhoKnocks
14/03/2015, 12:49 PM
Looks like Ipswich can kiss goodbye to automatic promotion..

the doc
14/03/2015, 2:11 PM
Looks like Ipswich can kiss goodbye to automatic promotion..

Maybe they should of kept the Saint for longer, gave him a few more games to get back up to match fitness after being out for months with an injury.

I heard they tried to get him back again a few weeks ago.
Let's not forget Mr Trapattoni knows a quality defender when he sees one.

Ipswichs loss is Orlandos gain.

DannyInvincible
15/03/2015, 2:35 AM
Maybe they should of kept the Saint for longer, gave him a few more games to get back up to match fitness after being out for months with an injury.

Classic doc. I should thank your posts more often given how much they make me laugh. Where did you hear Ipswich tried to get him (you?) back?

the doc
15/03/2015, 7:24 AM
Classic doc. I should thank your posts more often given how much they make me laugh. Where did you hear Ipswich tried to get him (you?) back?

Cool, have a nice day!

Fixer82
16/03/2015, 10:00 AM

*should have ;)

CraftyToePoke
18/05/2015, 8:23 PM
A pair of Hunts released by MickMack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32788165

And Darren Ambrose.

the doc
19/05/2015, 10:00 AM
Good honest bloke is Mick, players respect that, even if at times they are disappointed in his decisions.

Should of been given the Ireland job after Mr Trappatoni.

I wonder if the FAI regret that now?

jbyrne
19/05/2015, 10:18 AM
Good honest bloke is Mick, players respect that, even if at times they are disappointed in his decisions.

imo mick was our best manager ever and I loved following the team during his time in charge. we don't deserve someone like him as our manager given how he was treated post wc 2002. it was a disgrace

Fixer82
19/05/2015, 10:42 AM

jesus :ttth:

the doc
19/05/2015, 8:12 PM
jesus :ttth:

Gotcha!

Fixer82
19/05/2015, 9:58 PM
Gotcha!

Good Lord! :uncomfortableness: (punk'd!!)

liamoo11
07/04/2017, 7:04 PM
Adam McDonnell was one I though wood gave made a breakthrough at Ipswich by now.

liamoo11
12/08/2017, 11:19 PM
McDonnell got what I think is only his second league appearance today for Ipswich. Dozzell gone for season so hopefully he can stay involved.

Olé Olé
12/08/2017, 11:34 PM
Fair play. Hopefully so. McGoldrick got the equalizer before Waghorn got the winner.

I found it odd he signed Waghorn and Joe Garner (eligible for us I think). Both only got 7 goals in the SPL last season for Rangers although both have Championship experience.

liamoo11
13/08/2017, 12:42 AM
Fair play. Hopefully so. McGoldrick got the equalizer before Waghorn got the winner.

I found it odd he signed Waghorn and Joe Garner (eligible for us I think). Both only got 7 goals in the SPL last season for Rangers although both have Championship experience.

Yeah Mick is operating on a league one budget by the looks of it. Alot of that side look like real journeymen who hopefully will do enough to keep Ipswich up. They have had a great start but sounded like they got battered today but got the win.

DeLorean
22/08/2017, 2:15 PM
Article on Ipswich's impressive start to the season - http://www.the42.ie/ipswich-town-mick-mccarthy-championship-four-wins-ireland-3557319-Aug2017/

I love this comment...

When asked about Ipswich supporters cheering his name at the weekend following the backlash he faced at the end of last season, the McCarthy gave a blunt assessment.

“I treat it with the same contempt as the boos,” he said.

“It shows how fickle football is.”

OwlsFan
22/08/2017, 3:36 PM
I think he is probably harsh on the fans who chanted his name. I very much doubt if they were the ones who booed him at the end of last season. Anyway, I don't expect it to last and the boo boys will be back. I have never got booing your own team or manager unless you are sure they are not trying or don't care. I know fans (i.e. not supporters) often do it out of frustration but I am not sure if it ever accomplishes anything other than help get a manager sacked, which in Ipswich's position of no money, no investment and debts would be madness.

DeLorean
22/08/2017, 4:00 PM
They might not have been the same ones who booed, but maybe he feels he could have done with that showing of support when things weren't going so well, more than he needs it now.

What would be considered a good season for Ipswich, OwlsFan? Top half?

liamoo11
22/08/2017, 6:33 PM
Great to see McLoughlin and McDonnell start tonight best of luck