PDA

View Full Version : Most important thread ever to el fans

SeanDrog
11/11/2004, 7:31 AM
Lets do a survey:

On away trips where is your favourite eating place:

For me Tolka = dinner in Kennedys before the match - sweet.
Waterford = usually McD's just up the road as I am usually running late for the game - other suggestions very welcome.

Dalymount - tried that Eddie Rockets - :( The Boru gives lovely chips before the game.

UCD - Montrose house.

So people where do you get a bite to eat and how does it rate - this is important stuff to know.

Anyone know where to eat in Derry - always end up starving at this venue as well as Richmond.

Cork is great such a wide range of eating places (helps I went to college in the great city).

Macy
11/11/2004, 7:56 AM
When I saw the thread title I assumed it was about beer....

missfootie
11/11/2004, 8:04 AM
Maccari's in Kinnegad! D highlight of the journey home.... :)

Rochey
11/11/2004, 8:44 AM
Dalymount - tried that Eddie Rockets -

"Eddie Rob your pockets", Thats all I'll say on the subject.

Cosmo
11/11/2004, 9:07 AM
Yeah agree with Macy - eating is cheating!!!

Boozers for booze, not food ;)

- tolka - cat and cage
- dalyer - the brian boru
- cork - the horseshoe
- waterford - if last time is anything to go by it could be anything in the region of a dozen different pubs
- inchicore - mcdowells
- derry - the pub beside the ground
- bogford - cant remember the name of it but its on right hand side coming from drogheda on the main street, think its thevalentine (the market bar is alright too)

With promotion now we have new additions this season:
- finn harps, what was the name of that pub again?? But its the one we invaded for the cup weekend up there - the 5th bar i think
- ucd, montrose
- bray - the one at the corner around from the ground

SeanDrog
11/11/2004, 9:11 AM
ahhh we all know the pubs - we all don't have cushy jobs and some of us are quire hungry after long work days etc and like to get abit to eat before any drinking.

Come on Dave - even you must eat.

$Leon$
11/11/2004, 9:14 AM
"Eddie Rob your pockets", Thats all I'll say on the subject.

EMPTY POCKETS

Cosmo
11/11/2004, 10:09 AM
ahhh we all know the pubs - we all don't have cushy jobs and some of us are quire hungry after long work days etc and like to get abit to eat before any drinking.

Come on Dave - even you must eat.

Before a football match?? Very rarely, usually only before matches in tolka for some reason, any other match no!! Especially when we're at home, its a food free zone!!

Go on ye wimp!! :D

WindmillWarrior
11/11/2004, 10:09 AM
Most of the pubs mentioned do food anyway, two birds with one stone and all that. Fagans in Drumcondra is good for the grub when visiting Tolka.

patsh
11/11/2004, 11:09 AM
The Beer Garden around the corner from Turner's Cross. €3 a pint of lager!

Cosmo
11/11/2004, 11:12 AM

Yeah but its such a walk :rolleyes:

patsh
11/11/2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah but its such a walk :rolleyes:Sorry, yeah it does take all of 65 seconds........;)

Drogman.
11/11/2004, 11:58 AM
waterford - if last time is anything to go by it could be anything in the region of a dozen different pubs

I'll agree with you there matey :D

$Leon$
11/11/2004, 12:05 PM

what sort of larger is that? dutch muck on tap?

Drogrough
11/11/2004, 1:40 PM
As you all are aware, my pre-match ritual is not complete without an Italian meal in intimate surroundings. At half-time I like to listen to Verdi and, to round off a spiffing day, I’ll read Virgil in the original Latin on the boogie bus home. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Schumi
11/11/2004, 1:48 PM
Anyone know where to eat in Derry - always end up starving at this venue as well as Richmond.
There's a chipper beside the Oakgrove. Try paying in Euros for an occasional cheap meal!

- finn harps, what was the name of that pub again?? But its the one we invaded for the cup weekend up there - the 5th bar i thinkJunction 15? Nice pub.

Cosmo
11/11/2004, 2:12 PM
thats the one!!

Colm
11/11/2004, 3:45 PM
what sort of larger is that? dutch muck on tap?

All pints 3.00 except for Fosters which is 2.50.

The Beer Garden is nice enough but the Turners Cross Tavern is probably the nicest of the pubs around Turners Cross I reckon, especially pre-match.

Roo69
11/11/2004, 4:05 PM
Bray- the one at the corner around from the ground - i presume you mean Henry and Rose, best chicken fillet burgers in ireland ! or if you have time check out the porterhouse, 5 mins walk down the sea front, superb.

Cosmo
11/11/2004, 4:11 PM
but the Turners Cross Tavern is probably the nicest of the pubs around Turners Cross I reckon, especially pre-match.

nice pub, nice grub but again, its such a walk :rolleyes:

WindmillWarrior
11/11/2004, 4:11 PM
No theres another one further down towards the sea on the left. Sexy barmaids the last time I was there.

Macy
12/11/2004, 8:40 AM
Bray- the one at the corner around from the ground - i presume you mean Henry and Rose, best chicken fillet burgers in ireland ! or if you have time check out the porterhouse, 5 mins walk down the sea front, superb.
Bray. Pre match - Katie Gallaghers, reasonably priced food (bit dodgy later on in the night, but never had any trouble). Post match - The Hibernian.

harpskid
12/11/2004, 9:42 AM
Junction 15? Nice pub.

Ahhhh the Junction :cool: Heeney's is another good spot in Ballybofey and The Corner Bar is hard to beat for a good pint of Guiness ;)

fosterdollar
12/11/2004, 9:44 AM
- longford - cant remember the name of it but its on right hand side coming from drogheda on the main street, think its thevalentine (the market bar is alright too)

It's Valentine's pub. Funny that, wouldn't really have a clue where a good place to eat is in longford

Macy
12/11/2004, 9:48 AM
It's Valentine's pub. Funny that, wouldn't really have a clue where a good place to eat is in longford
Taco Fries from the chipper formally known as abra :D

SeanDrog
12/11/2004, 9:50 AM
Ah the Junction - great spot - never forget those sandwiches.

Thanks again to the Mr Men.

harpskid
12/11/2004, 9:52 AM
No prob Sean.

We'll be looking for the favour to be returned next season when the Mr Men hit the premier.

God help yis ;)

Mr C

Dillo
12/11/2004, 9:55 AM
A lad can get a nice bita of aul grub in the Celler on Ballymahon St. The Market Bar isn't bad either. They say it's nice in PV's, haven't ventured in there though. Go down to the Longford Arms either, fierce feed for a reasonable price- ah sure Jim Reynolds is a horrid daycent aul sort! :rolleyes:

Cosmo
12/11/2004, 10:52 AM
Longford arms is a good spot for grub alright.

But for boozers, the market bar and valentines!!

WindmillWarrior
12/11/2004, 11:11 AM
The Hibernian, thats the one I was thinking of for Bray. Hopefully those barmaids are still there when we visit next season.

Btw I noticed no one has mentioned anywhere to eat or drink in D*ndalk!! :eek:

ColinR
12/11/2004, 11:30 AM

Btw I noticed no one has mentioned anywhere to eat or drink in D*ndalk!! :eek:

sure when are they ever going to be in the premier again :D :D

CollegeTillIDie
13/11/2004, 11:15 AM
Ok in case they ever are back in the premier...
Dundalk F.C.
I recommend the Derryhale hotel, for food and drink it is across the road from Oriel Park.. what more could you want?

Drogrough
13/11/2004, 1:26 PM
Ok in case they ever are back in the premier...
Dundalk F.C.
I recommend the Derryhale hotel, for food and drink it is across the road from Oriel Park.. what more could you want?

In Dundalk I'd suggest a baseball bat, a suit of armour and two very hungry alsations :eek: