PDA

View Full Version : Run In

sparkey
23/09/2014, 9:48 AM
While most of us are just looking at our own run in, and rightly so, as our destiny is in our own hands. But Harps run in makes them the division King Makers. With Shels in Finn Park, Wexford Away, and then us in Finn Park they have the potential to decide the league winners and the two play off positions.
And Shels final game away to Cobh looks like a nailed on 3 points for them.

Longfordian
23/09/2014, 10:00 AM
Harps are hard to beat up there. I'm hoping we don't need to win on the last day. The fact that they will have nothing to play for doesn't mean they won't be trying to beat us. Hard to know what way their being in the semi final will affect them for Shels. They were poor in Galway last weekend so hopefully they'll be keen to perform a bit better at home. On the other hand they may have their minds on the semi final.

outspoken
23/09/2014, 12:24 PM
While most of us are just looking at our own run in, and rightly so, as our destiny is in our own hands. But Harps run in makes them the division King Makers. With Shels in Finn Park, Wexford Away, and then us in Finn Park they have the potential to decide the league winners and the two play off positions.
And Shels final game away to Cobh looks like a nailed on 3 points for them.

Wouldn't agree cobh is a nailed on 3 points for shels, awful trip to have to make last day of the season although they may travel the night before which would be an option for us for harps too although I think at this stage sticking to normal routine is best

sparkey
23/09/2014, 3:20 PM
I would be more hopeful of Harps or Galway tripping Shels up at this stage as they both have something to play for. Cobh on the other hand on the last day of the season, rooted to the bottom of the table, I'd expect their players just to turn up to fulfill the fixture, collect their wages and p*** off....

Given the option of a final day game for the title a) Away to Harps or b) Away to Cobh. I'd pick option b all day long.

Longfordian
23/09/2014, 4:16 PM
They're mostly amateurs anyway so it wouldn't be about collecting the wages but they probably aren't good enough to stop a Shels team that has a chance of the league.

outspoken
23/09/2014, 5:20 PM
They're mostly amateurs anyway so it wouldn't be about collecting the wages but they probably aren't good enough to stop a Shels team that has a chance of the league.

While we can hardly talk, Shels are historically bottlers, anything is possible.

nigel-harps1954
23/09/2014, 5:51 PM
We were awful in Galway, but it was our third game in a week and we played a lot of fringe players. I'd expect us to give Shels a good game and wouldn't count us out of a sneaky win. We'll be preparing for the cup and will have to be strong against them to prepare properly for the Pat's game.

We could yet have a massive say in where the title goes.

Longfordian
23/09/2014, 6:12 PM
We were awful in Galway, but it was our third game in a week and we played a lot of fringe players. I'd expect us to give Shels a good game and wouldn't count us out of a sneaky win. We'll be preparing for the cup and will have to be strong against them to prepare properly for the Pat's game.

I really hope yerselves or Galway can give us some kind of breathing space because I'm not sure I can handle us ballsing this up.

sparkey
23/09/2014, 9:29 PM

I really believe your results will dictate who wins the title and who ends up in the playoffs.