PDA

View Full Version : Matchweek 28 [September 19-21]

Pages : [1] 2

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2014, 6:23 PM
Surprised nobody's made one of these, or did you all rush out for Eddie Rockets?

Pats down to 10 men early on with Ken Oman sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity. Jake Kelly put Bray 1-0 up from the spot.

patrickccfc
19/09/2014, 6:32 PM
I'd be happy if it finished now.. looked like pats should of had a peno themselves just now. Anyone see that when they were showing the pats team they had Pete mahon as manager?

patrickccfc
19/09/2014, 6:49 PM
Brilliant goal from Forrester definitely over the line.. bray if you could score again please

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2014, 6:52 PM
Bloody hell, Forrester.

MeathDrog
19/09/2014, 7:04 PM
Alan Cawley reckons it wasn't a sending off for Ken Oman, but then says Cassidy was going to score. :confused:

Ezeikial
19/09/2014, 7:08 PM
Alan Cawley reckons it wasn't a sending off for Ken Oman, but then says Cassidy was going to score. :confused:

Cawleyballs

Although compared with Pat Morley he is exemplary

MeathDrog
19/09/2014, 7:11 PM
Cawleyballs

Although compared with Pat Morley he is exemplary

I wouldn't mind but Cawley wrote an article on rte.ie last year slating LOI refs, and then says daft sh*t like that.

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2014, 7:16 PM
The next person who uses the phrase "last man" should be shot, and I'm not just saying that because Cawley will be back at the end of the match.

Yossarian
19/09/2014, 7:30 PM
It was a pen for a poor tackle but not a red card. It's all academic now anyway, well bar Oman's suspension of course.
Two goals for Pats from attempted crosses. Poor goalkeeping for both.

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2014, 7:33 PM
It was a clear goalscoring chance - red card all day.

The goalkeeper was awful for Fahey's goal but don't know what he could have done about Byrne's cross. He was well-positioned, it was just a freak.

pineapple stu
19/09/2014, 7:34 PM
Who's in nets?

Bray's sub keeper is the son of one of the ucd directors. If he's gotten a game, maybe he's trying to keep us up. :)

patrickccfc
19/09/2014, 7:34 PM
4-1 what the hell happened in the 20mins I've missed since half time? massively important that we get the win on Sunday, first away game I've been able to make this year so hoping it's a good one

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2014, 7:35 PM
Who's in nets?

Bray's sub keeper is the son of one of the ucd directors. If he's gotten a game, maybe he's trying to keep us up. :)
McGuinness

pineapple stu
19/09/2014, 7:37 PM
The other guy so. Cheers

MeathDrog
19/09/2014, 7:43 PM
Entertaining game for TV.

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2014, 7:46 PM
It's not a bad advert for the league. Sure, there have been some awful basic errors, but both teams playing football (strangely considered Alan Matthews is involved) and a couple of amazing individual performances.

ATFC-1887
19/09/2014, 9:52 PM
Once again poor finishing costs us 3 points. 6 Draws in the last 7 games for us now. Running out of games. Maybe its too little too late :/

Nesta99
19/09/2014, 11:22 PM
Running out of games.

Thats what is worrying me!

Pablo Escobar
20/09/2014, 6:20 AM
Once again poor finishing costs us 3 points. 6 Draws in the last 7 games for us now. Running out of games. Maybe its too little too late :/
You have a tough run in, but UCD's is cruel. It may come down to your last game against Bray. Any side that picks up points in one of the tougher games will have a great chance.

pineapple stu
20/09/2014, 8:00 AM
If Athlone keep picking up draws, they'll be safe

bennocelt
20/09/2014, 8:21 AM

Limerick away? That's when you might bridge the gap, hopefully so anyway

Jofspring
20/09/2014, 10:10 AM
Good chance for Cork to close the gap on Dundalk with them not playing this weekend. We look to be without Robbie Williams, Stephen Folan, Shane Duggan and Jason Hughes are suspended and Ian Turner can't play against Cork.

El-Pietro
20/09/2014, 11:44 AM
How is the pitch holding up after last nights rugby? There were biblical downpours in Cork, dunno how Limerick fared.

Jofspring
20/09/2014, 12:09 PM
How is the pitch holding up after last nights rugby? There were biblical downpours in Cork, dunno how Limerick fared.

Was lashing down her yesterday morning but has been fine since. From what I heard the pitch was grand after last night.

El-Pietro
20/09/2014, 12:49 PM
good to hear it, we've already had one game down there moved due to the pitch being torn up by Rugby, and it sounds like were bringing a decent crowd down tomorrow, most of whom wouldn't bother for a midweek game.

Longfordian
20/09/2014, 12:51 PM
Cobh are without six players for tonight's game. In normal circumstances we could give them a hammering but everyone knows how we handle pressure..

Dodge
20/09/2014, 2:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiWIfG58SYI

Forrester's goal from last night. Well done that lino

Longfordian
20/09/2014, 10:27 PM
Not as comfortable as it should have been but we got there in the end. I think they scored from their only two attempts on target and one of those was a keeper's clearance that hit Rocks and rebounded in. Peter Hynes picked an opportune time to make his first major contribution of the season. Three to go.

Charlie Darwin
20/09/2014, 10:50 PM
Was lashing down her yesterday morning but has been fine since. From what I heard the pitch was grand after last night.
Saw some pictures of it after the rugby and by all accounts you couldn't tell there'd been a match on it. Not sure if that says more about the groundsman at Thomond or the quality of Italian rugby.

IrishRossi
20/09/2014, 10:59 PM
couldnt believe it tonight hynes scored

TheBoss
21/09/2014, 1:02 AM

I remember a few weeks back, Cawley said Pats would win the FAI Cup and Bohemians would be dark horses for the cup even though they were to play each other. :confused:

Nesta99
21/09/2014, 3:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiWIfG58SYI

Forrester's goal from last night. Well done that lino

Should mail that to Frank Lampard, English FA, and FIFA....how it should be done and how refs(assistant) in LoI are just pure top notch!

nigel-harps1954
21/09/2014, 7:55 AM
Certainly hope Galway get promotion this year. A team, a city, and a ground that needs Premier football. While they weren't overly fantastic last night, they're definitely steadily improving. Harps were just downright awful though. 3 games in a week really took it out of some players, while the fringe players given a run out aren't up to much.

PartySaint
21/09/2014, 11:32 AM
Certainly hope Galway get promotion this year. A team, a city, and a ground that needs Premier football. While they weren't overly fantastic last night, they're definitely steadily improving. Harps were just downright awful though. 3 games in a week really took it out of some players, while the fringe players given a run out aren't up to much.

You can't really blame the Harps players for letting their focus on league games diminish, all about the Cup for the 4 teams left in it

NeverFeltBetter
21/09/2014, 5:24 PM
Limerick and Cork 0-0 at HT. Sound like a fairly dull game, but Dundalk fans must be having palpitations. Keeping the lead at above 2 points before last day looking more likely.

jinxy lilywhite
21/09/2014, 5:31 PM
Limerick and Cork 0-0 at HT. Sound like a fairly dull game, but Dundalk fans must be having palpitations. Keeping the lead at above 2 points before last day looking more likely.

Not really. Don't care how cork do until we have to face them. Our destiny is in our own hands. Next game is UCD away and that will tricky considering they are fighting for their lives.

Cork have the easier run in. They play so many teams with nothing to play for. I would expect them to win all their games before they gave us.

CityRebel
21/09/2014, 6:08 PM
Not really. Don't care how cork do until we have to face them. Our destiny is in our own hands. Next game is UCD away and that will tricky considering they are fighting for their lives.

Cork have the easier run in. They play so many teams with nothing to play for. I would expect them to win all their games before they gave us.

Ye have to play the bottom three, UCD, Athlone and Bray in the run in. Ye can stroll it.

NeverFeltBetter
21/09/2014, 6:09 PM
Cork in front, ten minutes to play.

Charlie Darwin
21/09/2014, 6:20 PM
Ye have to play the bottom three, UCD, Athlone and Bray in the run in. Ye can stroll it.
I was wondering when the "your team are definitely going to win it" "no, your team are definitely going to win it!" would start. Was great craic last year.

NeverFeltBetter
21/09/2014, 6:24 PM
Full time, 1-0 Cork. Lead cut to three. Still life in the title race.

oriel
21/09/2014, 6:32 PM
Was always going to be a tricky game for Cork, so it was a good 3 points for them. We are still 3 points clear, (4 with GD as that won't be beaten) so we're still very much favourites. I'm not so sure Cork will win all of their remaining games before the last one, we mightn't either, but 4 wins from 5 for us and we're league champions. I still think 10 points might be enough to win it.

It might very well go down to the last game (temporary stand!!!!) who knows, definitely interesting last 5 games for both now, and our 3 away games (2 in a row) will be key, if we can't beat UCD, Athlone & Bray we don't deserve to win it.

White Horse
21/09/2014, 6:35 PM
Cork appear to have made hard work of beating a depleted Limerick side. However, they got the expected three points in the end.

adamd164
21/09/2014, 6:43 PM
Not sure limerick were any more depleted than us.. We had 2 suspensions, 3 injuries. All to players who would start.

Very good 3 pts IMO.

White Horse
21/09/2014, 6:45 PM
Very good 3 pts IMO.

Damn right. No such thing as a bad 3 points in a title race.

It's still all to play for.

Ezeikial
21/09/2014, 6:46 PM
if we can't beat UCD, Athlone & Bray we don't deserve to win it.,

That's a pretty big statement!

The team that finishes top of the table (usually) deserves to win it.

There are load of permutations - It is even possible to lose 2 of the above mentioned games, and top the table by winning the other remaining 3 games

Charlie Darwin
21/09/2014, 6:54 PM
Certainly keeps things interesting anyway and the permutations simple. Dundalk can afford to drop three points and still win the league.

LK37oldskool
21/09/2014, 6:57 PM
Saw Cork for the 3rd time this season this evening, very poor side, they'd give Stoke City a bad name. Come on Dundalk!

adamd164
21/09/2014, 7:06 PM
Shame ye couldn't take a single point from the 3 games considering the silky football Limerick play!

Charlie Darwin
21/09/2014, 7:08 PM
They'd lost the moral battle before the game even started.

gael353
21/09/2014, 8:43 PM
Shame ye couldn't take a single point from the 3 games considering the silky football Limerick play!

we aint gonna be champions Adam, but lets hope that terrible team of yours aint gonna be either. Long ball diagonal rubbish to corners all night. We prob had 80% of the possession and a mistake gave yee the win. Best of luck in the run in but for footballs sake i really hope Dundalk do it. As for a few of your fans at the end of the game :mad: