PDA

View Full Version : Pires axed by France

sligoman
10/11/2004, 4:06 PM
Robert Pires has been left out of the France squad for the upcoming friendly clash with Poland.

The Arsenal winger was not called up by Raymond Domenech for the November 17 game following a row between the pair.

Squad:

Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Mickael Landreau (Nantes); Eric Abidal (Lyon), Sylvain Armand (PSG), Jean-Alain Boumsong (Rangers), William Gallas (Chelsea), Gael Givet (Monaco), Sebastien Squillaci (Monaco); Florent Malouda (Lyon), Rio-Antonio Mavuba (Bordeaux), Camel Meriem (Bordeaux), Benoit Pedretti (Marseille), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal); Pierre-Alain Frau (Lyon), Ludovic Giuly (Barcelona), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Louis Saha (Manchester United).

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=237030&cpid=219&CLID=&lid=2&title=Pires+axed+by+France

TheJamaicanP.M.
10/11/2004, 6:10 PM
It would appear that a loy=t of the big names have left the French set-up since the summer. Mainly domestic-based players remaining.

Would it be possible for someone from admin to move this thread to the National Team section as I think it may interest a lot of Irish fans who don't go into the General section?

shankilwanderer
10/11/2004, 6:45 PM
Sure they wont miss them, they seem as if they do not want to play for there country.

inexile
11/11/2004, 7:57 AM
i hope pires gets back into the squad cos i was really looking forward to booing the boll1x off him in the return game, assuming i get tickets of course!!