PDA

View Full Version : How sad are Shels!!

Colm
10/11/2004, 1:05 PM
If you go to the forum on the official site, yes the offical Shelbourne website, you'll see that they have made a few little things happen which underline how threatened they now feel by the Rebel Army.

Here's what I know of but there's probably more....
If you type in Pat Dolan's name, it automatically appears as "the Fat Controller".
If you type Rebel Army it appears as "Rabble army".
If you type Cork City it appears as "Cork Village".

You'd expect better from the offical site but sure it's Shels so they can do what they like I suppose! :rolleyes:

SÓC
10/11/2004, 1:16 PM
Ahh dont worry they aint biased.

If you type in their head honcho you get:

Prisioner No. 34526B

patsh
10/11/2004, 1:24 PM
Had a look at that, and what can you say....:rolleyes:
Ignore them.
For a team who only need, at most, a win and a draw against teams they consider completely inferior, some of their fans seemed to be getting fairly stressed out, because, lets be honest, its hard to see us getting full points in Drogheda on Friday.

Maybe not this season, but certainly next season, $hels will start their fall back to nowhere.
Then we will see just how petty and childish they can get.

razor
10/11/2004, 1:45 PM

Prisioner No. 34526B
No that was Bubba his cell mate.
He was 34526A
:p

Dricky
10/11/2004, 1:45 PM
If you go to the forum on the official site, yes the offical Shelbourne website, you'll see that they have made a few little things happen which underline how threatened they now feel by the Rebel Army.

If you type in Pat Dolan's name, it automatically appears as "the Fat Controller".

You'd expect better from the offical site but sure it's Shels so they can do what they like I suppose! :rolleyes:

We all know the fat controler is Ollie granted. this place ain't big enough for both of them

observer
10/11/2004, 2:30 PM
Rumour has it that Shels senior officials attacked our chairman Jim Hanley at half time in Flancare last Saturday night. Seemingly they were most upset that Longford would not roll over quietly and let them walk off with the title. Or maybe they just did'nt like the sandwiches in the hospitality area. Either way "come on Cork, Waterford and St. Pat's". Jim Hanley is one of the nicest guy's involved in the league and we will not have thugs abuse him. :p

SÓC
10/11/2004, 3:48 PM
For a club so obsessed with rule books and the High Court you think they'd have more sense than having something like that on their official website.

Pats were fined by the league for an Article about UCD in their program.

Neil
10/11/2004, 3:48 PM

Prisioner No. 34526B

What was it Ollie did to end up in jail again?

Schumi
10/11/2004, 3:50 PM
Pats were fined by the league for an Article about UCD in their program.
Don't believe they were fined (OTT if they were anyway). Think they just apologised in the next issue.

Éanna
10/11/2004, 5:39 PM
its pathetic and childish behavious, but thats shels for you. wouldn't worry about it, we've more importnat things to think about than a team of whingers run by a convict

RedX
10/11/2004, 6:02 PM
SOC... :D :D

Lads..dont be worried about what they do up there...they love a reaction but dont we all slag each other off in fairness.. :confused:

Slash/ED
10/11/2004, 6:19 PM
Plus they don't report on games when they lose...... :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Yes they do :confused:

And it is childish, but so is posting well over 100 posts of complete drivel. It's not a one off either, the ultras site stop people registering around the times they play Cork, or used to anyway, because of that crap.

Slash/ED
10/11/2004, 6:38 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/fixtures.php

Dublin City "away", lost 2-1: no report.
Waterford away, lost 3-1: no report.
Longford away, lost 4-1: no report.

I'm sure there are more if I bothered to look harder.

That's three games. Dublin City was in the LC and there's no reports for LC games, even ones we won, and I'd imagine those two matches the webmaster simply couldn't get to. The site is run by one person, if he can't get to games then he can't report on them, I bet there's matches we won away he didn't report too. If we were not going to report loses they'd not report them all, not just a select few.

Slash/ED
10/11/2004, 7:05 PM
Good point other than the fact that all away games you won were reported on. I just found it a bit strange. Just my opinion. He does an excellent job whoever he is, is it you?

Well I checked and the Hartlepool away game wasn't reported on despite an emphatic win for Shels over English opposition away from home in their off season, I really think it's just that he wasn't there. Also Drogheda away wasn't reported on despite the fact we got a good point away from home to, then, a title chasing side with a late goal.

I don't run the site no, wouldn't have a clue how to do any of that. A fella called Gareth does, don't think he posts on here but he posts all the time on the Shels messageboard anyway, and yeah he's doing an excellent job considering he's doing it on his own really and gets pretty much nothing from the club itself. It's an unoffical site in all but name really.

Poor Student
11/11/2004, 12:29 AM
Don't believe they were fined (OTT if they were anyway). Think they just apologised in the next issue.

What did it say?

Schumi
11/11/2004, 1:34 PM
What did it say?
Can't remember exactly. Juvenile 'UCD have no fans, please **** off' type stuff. See here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=9182&highlight=programme) and here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=9345&highlight=programme).

Buile Shuibhne
11/11/2004, 2:00 PM
Well I checked and the Hartlepool away game wasn't reported on despite an emphatic win for Shels over English opposition away from home in their off season, I really think it's just that he wasn't there. Also Drogheda away wasn't reported on despite the fact we got a good point away from home to, then, a title chasing side with a late goal.

I don't run the site no, wouldn't have a clue how to do any of that. A fella called Gareth does, don't think he posts on here but he posts all the time on the Shels messageboard anyway, and yeah he's doing an excellent job considering he's doing it on his own really and gets pretty much nothing from the club itself. It's an unoffical site in all but name really.

Slash/ED - you're misinformed -Gareth doesn't run the site on his own. I contribute a lot of the content (except match reports), while Gareth does all the techie side of things. Gareth writes the match reports. He's missed a few games - hence the missing match reports. There are reports for some of the 6 league games we've lost this season.

The club actually does actively participate in the site. Various people there keep in touch with me on a regular basis to pass on news stories and information.

The only part of ShelsWeb that could be considered unofficial is the message board where we run a fairly liberal regime, allowing a lot of stuff, that the few other clubs that do have MBs on their official sites, don't.

SÓC
11/11/2004, 2:01 PM
On the Shels official check out who's leading the jersey bid;)

hmmmm what goes on in a gentlemans club?

joeSoap
11/11/2004, 2:13 PM

Where does this come up on the Shels site?? I'm on it now, and can't see it. I tried keying words into the search bar, but its not saying anything like that... :confused:

Schumi
11/11/2004, 2:31 PM
Where does this come up on the Shels site?? I'm on it now, and can't see it. I tried keying words into the search bar, but its not saying anything like that... :confused:
Message board I assume.

patsh
11/11/2004, 2:58 PM
The only part of ShelsWeb that could be considered unofficial is the message board where we run a fairly liberal regime, allowing a lot of stuff, that the few other clubs that do have MBs on their official sites, don't.Whose puerile idea was it to change the words "Pat Dolan" into "Fat Controller"?

Éanna
11/11/2004, 5:59 PM
Whose puerile idea was it to change the words "Pat Dolan" into "Fat Controller"?
utterly pathetic behaviour. i mean thats the kind of "humour" that wouldn't find its way into the dodgiest fanzine or the worst website run by a 12 year old. still, we are dealing with the same site which had an ad for buses to "cork village" on the front page (although in fairness, they did apologies when I e-mailed them) would you really expect any more from a club like shels?

Slash/ED
11/11/2004, 6:04 PM
utterly pathetic behaviour. i mean thats the kind of "humour" that wouldn't find its way into the dodgiest fanzine or the worst website run by a 12 year old. still, we are dealing with the same site which had an ad for buses to "cork village" on the front page (although in fairness, they did apologies when I e-mailed them) would you really expect any more from a club like shels?

You seem to be ignoring the fact that it's the hundreds of posts of utter drivel from boring sad corkies that caused it all in the first place. It's pathetic really, what is it about Cork? Like I said don't the Ultras website stop registration around Cork games? They used to anyway, all because of that. That's what I'd call sad.

Éanna
11/11/2004, 6:44 PM
You seem to be ignoring the fact that it's the hundreds of posts of utter drivel from boring sad corkies that caused it all in the first place. It's pathetic really, what is it about Cork? Like I said don't the Ultras website stop registration around Cork games? They used to anyway, all because of that. That's what I'd call sad.
I ignore all drivel posted by idiots. If you have a look at the ultras board, you'll see that I post there occasionally, same as the Shels and waterford boards, but the infantile crap posted by some people annoys me too. there's an easy solution- ban the user/delete the posts, not responding by being even more childish

Slash/ED
11/11/2004, 6:52 PM
I ignore all drivel posted by idiots. If you have a look at the ultras board, you'll see that I post there occasionally, same as the Shels and waterford boards, but the infantile crap posted by some people annoys me too. there's an easy solution- ban the user/delete the posts, not responding by being even more childish

Oh yeah I didn't say all Cork fans were at it, you're suprisingly reasnoble about Shels on the messageboard in fact :D but it's pretty much impossible to ban them, since they can just register again within minutes.

Éanna
11/11/2004, 9:49 PM
Oh yeah I didn't say all Cork fans were at it, you're suprisingly reasnoble about Shels on the messageboard in fact :D but it's pretty much impossible to ban them, since they can just register again within minutes.
don't think you're getting a compliment back :p , but thats fair enough. All I'm saying is that text-editing like "Fat Controller" and "Village" is very very childish and for an official site to do it, even in the face of provocation, is bad form IMO