PDA

View Full Version : Coleman favourite for Accrington job

Pages : [1] 2

Fivesilver
15/09/2014, 5:57 PM
John Coleman early favourite to return to Accrington Stanley (http://www.thesackrace.com/news/15th-september-2014/john-coleman-early-favourite-to-return-to-accrington-stanley)

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE BE TRUE

Longfordian
15/09/2014, 9:00 PM
I think I read somewhere that he and his assistant were at the Accrington game over the weekend. Probably a done deal. Roddy for Sligo.

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2014, 3:52 PM
Good god, talk about being saved from yourselves. If you could wring some compensation out of Accrington that would be an absolute steal.

PartySaint
16/09/2014, 4:09 PM
Who would be available for Sligo to take over for next season?

Will they go to England again?

Has to be Roddy.

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2014, 4:11 PM
If Roddy's in the hat then so is Sean Connor.

Martinho II
16/09/2014, 4:12 PM
Who would be available for Sligo to take over for next season?

Will they go to England again?

Has to be Roddy.

roddy said in yesterdays star that he has put his hat in the ring for the vacant Carlisle job as his ex chairman is still there at the club. goin back to Sligo didnt Roddy once play for them?

PartySaint
16/09/2014, 4:17 PM
If Roddy's in the hat then so is Sean Connor.

A double team possible?

desaintsno.12
16/09/2014, 4:26 PM
A double team possible?

please god let that happen. i think i would move to Sligo ( for the the two months they would last) just to get closer to the shenanigans

Fivesilver
16/09/2014, 6:55 PM
Good god, talk about being saved from yourselves. If you could wring some compensation out of Accrington that would be an absolute steal.

To be fair, we should probably offer Accrington a few bob.

Marty, "play" is a fairly charitable description of what Roddy did during his brief sojourn in the Showgrounds.

pineapple stu
16/09/2014, 7:02 PM
To be fair, we should probably offer Accrington a few bob.
There's a story that when Drogheda asked us about compensation for hiring Paul Doolin as manager, we sent them back a tenner and said "Take him"

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2014, 7:12 PM
There's a story that when Drogheda asked us about compensation for hiring Paul Doolin as manager, we sent them back a tenner and said "Take him"
Ah, so that's why the FAI keep renewing his contract. The clubs are obviously having a whipround.

lowroadrover
16/09/2014, 7:29 PM
Delighted to see the back of the Mitchell brothers if its true . We have gone backwards under them

ger121
16/09/2014, 9:26 PM
Awful appointment from the outside looking in. Based on previous Managers, you think another one from the UK?

nigel-harps1954
17/09/2014, 10:07 AM
Coleman has left Sligo today by 'mutual consent'.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
17/09/2014, 10:30 AM
Where did you see that? (I so want to believe you)

poster
17/09/2014, 10:35 AM
Delighted to see the back of the Mitchell brothers if its true . We have gone backwards under them

I don't think he was ever likely to stay any longer than until the end of the season.

In fairness, he got rid of the deadwood (bar Ndo) and guided us through a round of Europe, which helped us a great deal financially. Gave us a great night in Norway.

His tactics were a bit odd at times, but he had to deal with a serious amount of injuries.

Time now to re-evaluate and start again.

Nesta99
17/09/2014, 12:34 PM
Looks like Sligo have gotten another chance and can prevent any further slide - little over 1000 at the previous home game, dodged a bullit! Now for the speculation and the inevitable posturing from Roddy swearing that the Sligo job was the one he always wanted and was holding out! Seanie knows the workings of Sligo well also ;) Terry Butcher is out of a job....

gufct
17/09/2014, 12:51 PM
Where did you see that? (I so want to believe you)

Todays Star .Gavin Dykes appointed until end of Season.

Mr A
17/09/2014, 1:07 PM
That pleases me an immense amount.

Dykes looked pleased when he was told the news also:

http://imgcdn.geocaching.com/cache/fcc47f06-cb54-4782-a55c-3fe0b71c74d0.jpg

Nah Nah Nah Nah
17/09/2014, 1:23 PM

So nowhere official then. It's not fair that people are getting my hopes up like this.

Charlie Darwin
17/09/2014, 2:52 PM
He's available, lads...

http://www.kickoff.com/news/48662/black-leopards-fire-coach-sean-connor

desaintsno.12
17/09/2014, 3:36 PM
what a man

PartySaint
17/09/2014, 3:50 PM
please god let that happen. i think i would move to Sligo ( for the the two months they would last) just to get closer to the shenanigans

Well you have already moved to Dundalk to see them win the league.

forza
17/09/2014, 5:30 PM
Sean is still in his job it seems. http://www.blackleopardsfc.com/test/?p=1153

Widespread reports claiming that Sean Connor has been sacked as head coach of Black Leopards are unfounded.

Assistant coaches Solly Luvengo and Ashwin Sutton are currently in charge of first team affairs while Connor sorts out his work permit issues. Obviously this has led to speculation and erroneous conclusions about t the coach’s long-term future at the club.

The club can confirm that the Irishman is still the Lidoda Duvha head coach and reports to the contrary are simply not true.

“The news is new to us. We have no idea where these rumours come from,” said Black Leopards spokesperson Barry Ramunenyiwa.

“The coach has not been fired and he is still with the team. Connor has been having problems with his work permit and is busy rectifying that.

“Solly Luvhengo and Ashwin Sutton have been overseeing proceedings with the team as the head coach attends to his work permit issues. They will continue doing so until the coach is ready to take over.”

Fivesilver
17/09/2014, 6:06 PM
I'd say it would make sense to look to England again. But someone along the lines of Baraclough/Cook/Cotterill rather than Coleman/Mullen/McDonald. Young, inexperienced but ambitious managers have generally done well, whereas superannuated bull****ters with lengthy CVs have been a disaster.

dong
17/09/2014, 7:02 PM
Oh dear God.
Is the season not over?

redobit
17/09/2014, 9:06 PM
Looks like Sligo have gotten another chance and can prevent any further slide - little over 1000 at the previous home game, dodged a bullit! Now for the speculation and the inevitable posturing from Roddy swearing that the Sligo job was the one he always wanted and was holding out! Seanie knows the workings of Sligo well also ;) Terry Butcher is out of a job....

1040 at that game. Hopefully it shows we have a decent hardcore of fans. It was a Monday nite, absolutely noting to play for and no away fans. That weekend there was 1400 odd at a Pats v Dundalk game at the top of the table!

Coleman split the crowd, not what u want going into a new season. Start a fresh, but we need the selection type committee that got Baraclough.

Sligo Hoops.
17/09/2014, 10:13 PM
I wanna be like you ... The bit O'Red ... Shamrock Rovers in disguise ?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
17/09/2014, 11:30 PM
Still no white smoke from the conclave.....

Gerry Cassidys lack of involvement in the last appointment was highly noticeable

Charlie Darwin
17/09/2014, 11:37 PM
Apparently there is some issue over the finalisation of the event. Hopefully Sligo are holding out for some money and not letting him go (even if Accrington might call their bluff).

dfx-
18/09/2014, 12:23 AM
His tactics were a bit odd at times, but he had to deal with a serious amount of injuries.

His choice of Evan McMillan upfront from the start is possibly the most oddly thought through tactic I've ever seen in LOI. Including when MON played Gary O Neill upfront on his own with Twigg on the bench.

bluewhitearmy
18/09/2014, 1:33 AM

Gerry Cassidys lack of involvement in the last appointment was highly noticeable

Who exactly is he seen someone of that name talking to Limerick lads on Twitter.

dong
18/09/2014, 6:03 AM
He's a scout with a massively inflated sense of his own importance.
He had the knife out for Baraclough towards the end as well on Twitter.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/09/2014, 8:11 AM
Wonder how much we paid them to take him off our hands

http://www.sligorovers.com/news/14/sep/club-statement-john-coleman

Redzer
18/09/2014, 9:50 AM

I'd say Paul Cooks INVOLVEMENT was more noticeable.
Hopefully the Pygmies have learned a lesson.

Ezeikial
18/09/2014, 10:40 AM

Who exactly is he seen someone of that name talking to Limerick lads on Twitter.

According to some Sligo heads, he is the bloke solely responsible for any good things that happened during Sean Connor's time at Sligo

poster
18/09/2014, 11:03 AM
Hopefully the Pygmies have learned a lesson.

In what way?

Sean South
18/09/2014, 2:07 PM
Well maybe sacking the club's most successful manager behind the back of most the MC to start. When it was agreed that no action would be taken until the next review when a majority vote would apply. Then the rush appointment of Coleman on the advice of a ex manager on a rolling contract which did not give the club the stability it needed. Also not following previous procedures of appointments which lead to the club's most successful period.

Even though he was only around a short time I don't think he was the man to take Rovers forward, with his philosophy of football, along with his off field antics Rovers are better off without him.:bomb:

Charlie Darwin
18/09/2014, 2:16 PM
I don't think he was the man to take Rovers forward, with his philosophy of football
If you're not into the philosophy of football, I know of a coach who's on the look out for a job and has a keen interest in the 'science of football'. One previous owner :)

poster
18/09/2014, 2:35 PM
Well maybe sacking the club's most successful manager behind the back of most the MC to start.

What Baraclough did was great etc etc. But we were going nowhere fast under him.

He may have seen us through the Banga games if he was in charge, but would probably have blown whatever was left of the budget on Odhiambo, O'Conor, Spillane type players.

To let him go at the point that we did was still the right decision.

Sean South
18/09/2014, 7:54 PM
Fair enough his transfers were poor, but established players demanding more money means less money to bring in quality. We can look at Coleman's transfers too nothing special there either. Rovers were going no where fast under him as you pointed out but the club have gone backwards since his departure. It was a rush decision that has now back fired. Also getting a DCM phone call while on holidays is no way to treat any employee never mind the man that lead the club to its first title in over 30 years.

avvenalaf
19/09/2014, 12:37 AM
I think truth about Barraclough's departure is a bit more complicated than most realise and is probably best not aired her. However, a few straight questions that require simple answers will be asked at ther AGM and should clear the air with regard to this. I think it's time the management committe began running the club instead of Paul Cook.

ger121
19/09/2014, 12:54 PM
Any of the Sligo Rovers lads on here have a preference of who they'd like to see installed?

desaintsno.12
19/09/2014, 2:18 PM
I think truth about Barraclough's departure is a bit more complicated than most realise and is probably best not aired her. However, a few straight questions that require simple answers will be asked at ther AGM and should clear the air with regard to this. I think it's time the management committe began running the club instead of Paul Cook.

now this i want to hear

Fivesilver
19/09/2014, 3:47 PM
Any of the Sligo Rovers lads on here have a preference of who they'd like to see installed?

The managers who have done best for us have been surprise appointments, in that none of us pub experts predicted them despite loads of speculation. I hope it's the same again - rather than saying we want so-and-so and going after him, we hold a proper interview process and pick someone who persuades us he has something to offer.

sligoman
19/09/2014, 9:08 PM
Coleman has just signed Sean Maguire on loan...poor Accrington.

dong
19/09/2014, 9:51 PM
now this i want to hear

Things are never as they seem.
That's part of the beauty of it.

bennocelt
20/09/2014, 8:14 AM
Coleman has just signed Sean Maguire on loan...poor Accrington.

Is he really that bad, anytime I seen him on the box he looks a bit lively?

Acornvilla
20/09/2014, 9:08 AM
Is he really that bad, anytime I seen him on the box he looks a bit lively?
He was awesome for a lad his age when in the 1st division, I know that much. Wouldn't discount him after a few bad months at Sligo that's for sure, considering that well, everyone had a few bad months at Sligo..

Fivesilver
20/09/2014, 11:54 AM
He played a starring role in those few bad months, though. Plenty went wrong, but a significant part of the problem was that, having made some personnel changes, Maguire and Odhiambo in particular turned out to be woefully short of what we'd expected them to be. I had a lot of tine for Maguire. I hoped he'd finally 'click' as it wasn't for want of effort ("a bit lively" is about right) - he just didn't look much good.