PDA

View Full Version : Disappointments

RedHat
10/11/2004, 8:08 AM
I am not disappointed with the team performances - too many Division 1 games and results to ever feel like that.
What I am really disappointed at is the performance off the field. We all know and accept the major major contribution that certain people put into the club - both financially and in the amount of time they give to the club but honestly some of the off the field goings on are crazy. IMO - we have a strong board and Volunteers associated with the club but think about the following

* Third CEO/Commerical Manager in one season
* Assistant to above advertised at wage of 30k - i don't even know if that post was filled
* 3/4 season without a shirt sponsor
* 500 Club disaster - no promotion and then the format changes , without notification. Look at your Bohs programme - full page Direct Debit form for joining the 500 club - all the details that the club need to get your 25 euro a month - but nothing to tell you what the prizes are , whether it's 300 euro or a kick in the arse -
* Club Programme - quality , quantity, changed drastically a couple of times but has fallen again unfortunately
* Brazilian Shirt Raffle - remember that idea
* Bragg - Saw one ticket - hope it works
* Drogheda United Telecom - hope it works
* Fund Raising committee - whatever happened to this/them

Now I am a subscriber to the 500 Club and also a patron - so that's approx 700 euro a year. For that I get a season ticket and a choice of club garment - so effectively I am donating about 200 euro a year to the club - not much u say when compared with others but when u hear that the club again have moved the goalposts - 500 club - small point again but just gnawing at me at the moment.

DUFC know that they can rely on about 200 people to join up to all the ideas that they come up with - we hear through the grapevine of incentives and usually support but what is done for the rest - I'd love 2 c a list of 500 club members and compare it to a list of the usual suspects - we'd all know they'd be close.

and now the player of the year awards are on friday !!!!!! - 48 hours b4 the event the club are looking for help - sometimes it just beggars belief

These are professional times and the club is a business - get it sorted lads.

Cosmo
10/11/2004, 10:12 AM
Have to agree with alot of the above Redhat:

'* Third CEO/Commerical Manager in one season' - and none did the business of getting a sponsor

'* Assistant to above advertised at wage of 30k' - 30k for the assistant imagine what he was on????

'* 3/4 season without a shirt sponsor' - hopefully we'll have a major one next season

'* 500 Club disaster - no promotion and then the format changes' - this one bugs me. It could've been a major success if it had've been promoted properly - it wasnt promoted preperly and should've been handed over to the supporters to promote it - we would've done a far better job at it and got more members. You only get one chance to make this a success and i personally warned the club that they had to take that chance - will be hard to increase membership now

'* Club Programme' - embarrassing all season. Was good for a few weeks when the present crowd took it over but is back to its usual c_-p. Also thought the interview with Cox a while back in it was a disaster as there were alot of inaccuracies in it and a lot of butt kissing.

'* Brazilian Shirt Raffle' - presume it'll still go ahead

'* Bragg' - dont know much about it but again i hope it works

'* Drogheda United Telecom - hope it works' - again dont know much about it

'* Fund Raising committee - whatever happened to this/them' - dont know

'and now the player of the year awards are on friday !!!!!! '

- yeah they seem to have messed up with this one and seems like a last minute job with the winners name not being on the trophy. (apparently the team are away for the weekend the weekend they were going to have it and thus the last minute job). Anyway its always good craic in the clubhouse!!

Cosmo
10/11/2004, 12:56 PM
Actually after reading the above post again, maybe im being a bit too hard on the club without meaning to really sound so. Fair enough, like there are things that im disappointed with that could've been done better as there would be in any club (500 club promotion being the main one - thought this could've been a bigger money earner).

Fingers crossed we'll have a major shirt sponsor next season (anything as good as the O2 deal that A scribe and others got a while ago would be great).

Like there are some positives aswel:

- A scribes idea of the bingo is a major money spinning initiative

- Bragg and Drogheda Telecom, dont know much about so cant really comment. One thing i will say is that they're new and fresh ideas which is always good.

- for once we have finished a season without being in major debt. How many Eircom league clubs can say that?? (especially considering the trouble rovers got themselves into earlier this season)

- for once we have people on board willing to put their hands in their pockets - isnt it great that we can now outbid bohs for players?

Like fair enough, it aint perfect, but we are on the right track!

Hopefully we can progress from here next season - both on and off the pitch (fingers crossed anyway)

RedHat
10/11/2004, 2:36 PM
U2's how to dismantle an atomic bomb - not great , not great at all - could be a grower though -

WindmillWarrior
10/11/2004, 2:50 PM
Well if their new single is anything to go by it can't be much good. Typical U2 formulaic crap.

Cosmo
10/11/2004, 3:04 PM
Is it out yet??

RedHat
10/11/2004, 3:20 PM
U2's record is out on the 22/11 - lad at work has it all on MP3.

Not sure if u were harsh in your replies above.

Lad says to me today that
'if Fabio is p*ssed off with the earful from Doolin maybe he'll leave and u'll get some cash for him, didn't Roddy offer 20,000 for Crowe when he took over Dublin City , so he may do something like that'
My reply was - yeah that would pay the wages for two weeks and that is my problem.

If I said that Player X was pulling down 600 notes a week , people would say that's a shocker - and yet the club pay that for a commerical manager/ceo assistant -

commerical activity was a shocker this season - no publicity , no push , no real ideas

small thing - BRAG - u have a captive audience made up of approx 75 % males at each game - now - contact an advertising / model agency and ask for 3 or 4 crackers in their early twenties to go around and sell these cards - appealing to the lowest common denominator - and pay girls flat fee plus % and i'd say u'd want 2 be printing them out under the clubhouse 2 keep up with the demand -
dave - to compare it to a subject u love - like Tequila Girls in trendy bars !!

u may not like tequila , it may make u throw up all over WW's shoes but sure u'll love 2 talk 2 the girl and blah blah brag

WindmillWarrior
10/11/2004, 3:29 PM
Heres a good site for Cosmo/Daviddrog http://www.cosmoparty.com

Drogman.
10/11/2004, 4:28 PM
Heres a good site for Cosmo/Daviddrog http://www.cosmoparty.com

Haha, brilliant. I love the "Dinner in the Dark". "Cosmo's new eating craze" :D

Drogrough
10/11/2004, 4:35 PM
Six minutes face-to-face in a cozy bar. That times ten, as Cosmo Party wants you to have ten more chances to find your match. :eek:

Cosmo
10/11/2004, 7:48 PM
hahaha, love the website WW!!!