PDA

View Full Version : Carling Cup week (Santini's departure already looking good!)

eirebhoy
09/11/2004, 7:54 PM
Stephen Kelly starts his first game of the season for Spurs. Jol made room for both him and Pamarot in the Spurs side so obviously rates him. Keane also started along side Defoe, he scored a left footer into the top corner from 6 yards. That's 2 in 2 for Keane. Currently into the second half.

Patrick Cregg makes the bench for Arsenal again. Kilbane started for Everton.

Kavanagh, Boland and Lee start for Cardiff.

Delap started for Soton.

eirebhoy
09/11/2004, 8:02 PM
Keane scores again, 2-0.

Slash/ED
09/11/2004, 8:08 PM
Two good goals for Keane and he was excellent for Defoes goal too. Defoe set up his second, looks like they're developing an understanding.

eirebhoy
09/11/2004, 8:38 PM
Cregg comes on to make his Arsenal debut in the 89th minute. Even though its not much time, its nice to see Wenger bringing in an 18 year old Irishman.

Dan K
09/11/2004, 9:13 PM
Delap started for Soton.
But like the rest of the team, did f*ck all.

This is a long hard season ahead...
:( :mad: :confused:

TheJamaicanP.M.
10/11/2004, 6:03 PM
Great to see Robbie getting on the scoresheet last night. His partnership with Defoe has a lot of potential. What pleased me about Robbie's goals last night was that they were scored within 8 yards of the goal. Robbie needs to score more goals like that. He needs to be in the box more and working as a poacher. Maybe this is something that a good coach like Jol is already pointing out to him.

eirebhoy
10/11/2004, 6:39 PM
Since Santini left Spurs have scored 5 goals, Keane scored 3 and set up the other 2.

Potter starts for Liverpool tonight, Partridge on the bench! It seems most people on the 606 board want to see Richie get a run out.

Duff starts for Chelsea. Carr still injured for Newcastle, Given and O'Brien start.

O'Shea starts at centre half for United.

Reid and Thompson start for Forest.

Slash/ED
10/11/2004, 6:41 PM
Duff starts for Chelsea.

What kind of team do they have out, I didn't expect the likes of Duff to be playing.

Adrianovic
10/11/2004, 8:32 PM
Reid having a stormer tonight, got the assist for King's goal.

Don't know about Thommo.

Ade

eirebhoy
10/11/2004, 8:42 PM
Partridge on in the 67 minute for Liverpool. If it stays at 0-0 it goes into extra time.

Duff went off for Robben in the 63rd min.

Right, I'm off to watch the rest of the Celtic match, currently Extra time.

Adrianovic
10/11/2004, 8:58 PM
Fulham went 3-1 in extra time, but Reid got us a goal back 3-2 now with another half of extra time to come.

Ade

beautifulrock
10/11/2004, 8:58 PM
Chris Kamara (ok i agree not the greatest judge of a footballer in the world) thinks AR is easily premiership class. He was saying he was man of the match and there was still a half hour of normal time to go.

eirebhoy
10/11/2004, 9:32 PM
Partridge and Potter set up the 2 Pool goals.

Robben is playing like the Duff of old and got MOM after only coming on as a sub.

gustavo
10/11/2004, 10:14 PM
that was a great goal robben got tonight thats for sure .
chris kamara said somehting typically chris kamara tonight .
some guy missed a sitter at the forest fulham match and kamara said
" he didnt know whethere to dig a hole and get into it or walk back to the half way line .....i think he walked back to the half way line" :)

Condex
10/11/2004, 10:48 PM
that was a great goal robben got tonight thats for sure .

Yip, walked past O'Brien as if he wasd'nt there!!!

bitored
11/11/2004, 10:11 AM
SAw the Carling cup highlights and listened to bits and pieces on the radio.

Andy Reid looked the business against Fulham - reckon he was out to impress them with a view to a possible move in January.

From what I could see Potter and Partridge (when he came on) look like good prospects at the 'Pool.

Thought O'Brien looked shaky enough for Newcastle and the two ITV "pundits" reckon Newcastle are in dire need of a new centre half.

Duff was worryingly subdued and when Robben came on for him he changed the game - scoring a fantastic goal.

Thought O'Shea looked shaky enough too for Man Utd - and Miller doesn't seem to have clicked for them yet.

Thankfully Robbie seems to be back to his best for Spurs :)

Bowsy
11/11/2004, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=bitored]
Thought O'Brien looked shaky enough for Newcastle and the two ITV "pundits" reckon Newcastle are in dire need of a new centre half.

[QUOTE]

I thought he looked good apart from a poor early backpass. out of position at right back as well.

Was Miller playing?

eirebhoy
11/11/2004, 10:53 AM
and Miller doesn't seem to have clicked for them yet.
Miller wasn't playing. :)

Actually, I think we should take that as good news that Miller didn't even make the bench when the likes of Kleberson, Djemba and Fletcher played in midfield. It shows Fergie rates him higher than a Carling cupper. :)

Bowsy
11/11/2004, 10:59 AM
Miller wasn't playing. :)

That's alright. I thought so. When it was said he played I was thinking he must have had a stinker as i didn't see him at all on the pitch.