PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium

shankilwanderer
09/11/2004, 8:02 PM
I read in the paper that you are getting a new stadium. I was just wondering if anybody knows more about it, like what will the capicity be, where it will be and when it will be built????

CollegeTillIDie
09/11/2004, 11:57 PM
To attempt an answer to your question....
My sources tell me two things about it.
One it is due to be a 6,000 all seater stadium, which will be shared with the local athletics club Finn Valley, and will also incorporate the same named local Ladies soccer club.

Two It will be over the river in Stranorlar, thus depriving Ballybofey of it's EL club. Now I know they are twin towns, but Stranorlar used to be where the Finn Harps fans went to mass, soon it shall be where they will be going there to watch footie too.

I am open to correction on this perhaps some local FH fans can clarify any points I may have got wrong

carrickharp
10/11/2004, 8:14 AM
The new stadium is planned for Stranolar not far from Finn Park, but there are still a lot of issues to be resolved as Finn Park belongs to a trust so any moneys made from the sale of Finn Park would have to be negotiated between Harps and the trust.

But I think at this stage a redevelopment of Finn Park would be out of the question, as it would cost too much, but we will wait and see.

corkharps
10/11/2004, 12:11 PM
To attempt an answer to your question....
My sources tell me two things about it.
One it is due to be a 6,000 all seater stadium, which will be shared with the local athletics club Finn Valley, and will also incorporate the same named local Ladies soccer club.

Two It will be over the river in Stranorlar, thus depriving Ballybofey of it's EL club. Now I know they are twin towns, but Stranorlar used to be where the Finn Harps fans went to mass, soon it shall be where they will be going there to watch footie too.

I am open to correction on this perhaps some local FH fans can clarify any points I may have got wrong

We don't go to Mass! :D

Redzer
10/11/2004, 1:35 PM
We don't go to Mass! :D
OK, SUNDAY SERVICE THEN !!!

harpskid
10/11/2004, 2:55 PM
Naw we don't go there either - we're not very religious in these parts :)

Schumi
10/11/2004, 3:47 PM
shared with the local athletics club
Does that mean there'll be a running track around the pitch? :(

corkharps
10/11/2004, 4:27 PM
Does that mean there'll be a running track around the pitch? :(
No it'll be a separate stadium,a mini abbotstown type effort,Soccer stadium,Athletic indoor and out,swimmingpool etc Sounds great (but so did Abbottstown!)

CollegeTillIDie
10/11/2004, 7:57 PM
maybe if enough of ye had said ye're prayers it might not have taken so long for ye to get promoted. ;)

fbtn
17/11/2004, 6:33 PM
Close UCD dude but no cigar :p

The new stadium has nothing whatsoever to do with the Athletics club. It is just nearby. There is absolutely no rivalry between Ballybofey and Stranorlar. We are the Twin Towns and Finn Harps belongs to the north west, not just the Twin Towns, not just Donegal but the entire region. We have fans from Tyrone, Fermanagh and believe it or not..........Derry.

The new ground will still be beside the river Finn - so it will still be called Finn Park and will be so close to the old ground you will be able to see it.

6500 all-seater stadium with training pitches, car-park etc. The reason this is possible is because the existing Finn Park is on prime real estate and is worth over €5 mill at the minute.

Don't worry though..........we'll still be in our old ground for another year or two :D