PDA

View Full Version : Limerick on the verge of re-election...

Poor Student
09/11/2004, 1:51 PM
The eircom League's bottom side,
Limerick FC, will be forced to seek re-
election to the league if they are
beaten by Kilkenny City in tonight's
re-arranged First Division tie.

Mike Kerley's men currently trial
second from bottom Kilkenny by eight
points. They have claimed just 16
points all season, winning just three
games. Kilkenny can jump above Athlone
and Monaghan into eighth place with a
win.

The game was originally set for
Saturday, October 30 but was called off
after Buckley Park was waterlogged
following the recent heavy rain. Kick
off at Buckley Park is at 7.45pm.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p225.htm

Think they'll get it? Do they deserve it? What exactly are the rules of how it is decided you're so bad you need election?

Dufferlover
09/11/2004, 2:08 PM
What Mike Kerley has been doing at Limerick is nothing short miraculous! No money, no ground and maybe only 12 or 13 players in his squad. He lost any good players from last season play off reaching squad so I suppose this was expeccted. Don't think they'll pull themselves outta this one but best of luck to them.

PS - It's a shame the people of Limerick refuse to support their team! Wake up or the club will not exist soon.

monutdfc
09/11/2004, 2:22 PM
How nice of RTE/Aertel not to deduct those 3 points off Monaghan United :) :)

joeSoap
09/11/2004, 2:29 PM
We should not have too much problem with the re-election thing as we have a serious investor in place with ambitionand plans to purchase a ground in the very near future.

Thanks for the support !! :ball:

patsh
09/11/2004, 2:43 PM
We should not have too much problem with the re-election thing as we have a serious investor in place with ambitionand plans to purchase a ground in the very near future.

Thanks for the support !! :ball:Great news, Joe.
It will be great to have a Limerick team back in contention in the future.
I fondly remember the days of Al Finucane!

dcfcsteve
09/11/2004, 3:02 PM

Thanks for the support !! :ball:

Good stuff Joe. Hope a new dawn does start for Limerick soon.

And remember - if times get any tougher, you could always re-name the club Dublin United, move it to Tolka Park, change the teams colours, and sit-back and wait for the good times to start rolling..... ! :p

LFC in Exile
09/11/2004, 3:54 PM
Good stuff Joe. Hope a new dawn does start for Limerick soon.

And remember - if times get any tougher, you could always re-name the club Dublin United, move it to Tolka Park, change the teams colours, and sit-back and wait for the good times to start rolling..... ! :p

What a disgraceful thing to say about Limerick FC - to imply that we would do somethign like that. You leave us with no option except to cancel all league matches with immediate effect - and to award Limerick 12 points in compensation for the unwarranted slur. :rolleyes:

Slash/ED
09/11/2004, 5:48 PM
What a disgraceful thing to say about Limerick FC - to imply that we would do somethign like that. You leave us with no option except to cancel all league matches with immediate effect - and to award Limerick 12 points in compensation for the unwarranted slur. :rolleyes:

I blame Ollie Byrne

jofyisgod
09/11/2004, 7:44 PM
I blame Ollie Byrne

Well, I blame George Bush, the root of all evil :rolleyes: ;)

Good luck Limerick though, seriously. I hate seeing clubs do too badly, and we need more clubs down South.

Rebal Boy
09/11/2004, 7:52 PM
Good luck to Limerick on this one

I agree. I really hope they will still be a LOI team come next season. Best of luck to them.

Partizan
09/11/2004, 8:37 PM
Blues, Lims and ****ies all in top flight together.......

Carlsberg dont do dreams but..