PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sport

pete
07/01/2002, 4:25 PM
Anyone catch this last night on RTE1 (7.30pm)?

IMO it was no improvement on previous "efforts". All thats happened is the old Sunday Sport 60min programme from Network 2 has been cut in half & on a an earlier time. This might be ok in the future if was continued thruough the season.

While programme looked a bit more professional it hadn't even 10mins highlights of the main match & by the time the GAA is back the eL will be shoved into last 5mins.

I suppose the hope something better was too good to be true.

:(

Éanna
07/01/2002, 5:26 PM
i dunno. i think if it's kept mainly eL then it's an improvement. i have to admit a very short clip of rugby or whatever like yesterday wasn't too bad. if it stays like yesterday or better, then i could just about accept it, but it was only ever a start, not what we were hoping for.

pete
07/01/2002, 5:41 PM
Its no different than last season. Sure we'll have eL for a few weeks but used to get that last year when no GAA anyway.

RTE PR seemed to suggest some new highlights deal done with the league but i didn't see any of.

There'll be virtually no eL highlights when GAA gets going in february.

Can't wait to see the ratings as it up against big Soap on two other channels. However just by fact is on RTE1 instead of Net2 should increase by 50%.