PDA

View Full Version : memorable scenes from films

Pages : [1] 2

the 12 th man
09/11/2004, 10:12 AM
minority report
tom cruise tracks down the guy who kidnapped his son.he opens the hotel room where the guy is staying and finds photos of his son scattered on the bed.the guy then comes into the room............

wonderful life :at the end ,the villagers bail out jimmy stewart to prove there is still some decency left in the world.

spartacus: "i'm spartacus" :cool:

GavinZac
09/11/2004, 10:21 AM
cruel intentions, the final scene when shes found out :D

scarface, the whole bit where he says "say hello to my LiDL friend!"

um...

princess diaries 2, when yer wan is dancing around in her pajamas.

thats about it ;)

carrickharp
09/11/2004, 10:31 AM
Shawshank Redemption, when the whole plot unfolds in Andy's now empty jail cell. Forest Gump won oscars and this film diden't :mad:

Risteard
09/11/2004, 10:46 AM
Michael Collins.
When he's shot. Very emotional like.
"Ah Mick talk to me, ah don't go mick please"
Tis a real tear-jerker as Julia Roberts comes home from Roches with her dress and is met by the soldier. :( :(

Also, the twist in the Sixth Sense.
stunning the first time you watch it.

green goblin
09/11/2004, 10:51 AM
S.O.B. When julie Andrews gets her t*ts out. :eek:
A Bridge too far- "Knew Jerry would never carry an umbrella".
Alien- "Dallas, it's behind you, get out of there!"
The Wrath of Khan "I have always been your friend, Jim". >Sniffle<.
Dirty Harry "Did I fire five shots or was it six?"
True Romance "What you did, that was so romantic"
Superman: "Don't worry Miss, I've got you".
Rocky Horror "Say! Any of you guys know how to Madison?"
Jaws "Going to need a bigger boat".
King Kong "It was beauty that killed the beast".
The Producers - Spring time for Hitler dance number.

the 12 th man
09/11/2004, 11:00 AM
Jaws "Going to need a bigger boat"..

from the same film:
clint tells the story of "ss indianapoliss"

joeSoap
09/11/2004, 11:28 AM
Reservoir Dogs: Michael Madsen dancing away to Stealers Wheel, while he relieves a poor innocent chap of one of his ears.....pure class!!!

Risteard
09/11/2004, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I laughed 'till I cried...
...only kidding.

That's pure bad boy.
That's pure gonna come back on you.

gustavo
09/11/2004, 12:25 PM
what that he said he was only kidding ? :confused: :)

strangeirish
09/11/2004, 12:41 PM
American Pie. When the Dad comes home and the son is giving the pie a lash in the kitchen.

Ruairi
09/11/2004, 12:48 PM
"OBI WAN never told you what happened to your father..>"
"He told me enough. He told me you murdered him"
"No Luke. I AM YOUR FATHER....."

Aberdonian Stu
09/11/2004, 12:59 PM
The Maltese Falcon "The stuff dreams are made of"
Wayne's World 2 "If you book them they will come"
Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence "There are times when victory is very hard to take"
Battle Royal - When the guy gets stabbed repeatedly where you don't want to get stabbed
Brother - When Takeshi gives the cafe owner a wad of cash and says that it will cover the damages just before the place gets shot to bits.
Shaft (original version) - In the cafe Detective Vic Androzzi asks Shaft "So what did you get?" and Shaft replies "I got laid" and just walks out.
Blade "Some motherf*ckers always trying to ice skate uphill."

$Leon$
09/11/2004, 1:01 PM
can't believe no one has mentioned any of the godfather films yet. ignore sofia coppalla in gf3 and der flawless

carrickharp
09/11/2004, 1:31 PM
and what about The Man With No Name and Dirty Harry films?

tetsujin1979
09/11/2004, 1:55 PM
The bit at the end of Lost In Translation when Bill Murray whispers something to Scarlett Johanssen, just another cool moment in a class film.

Lightsabre duel in Star Wars Episode I, best part of the whole film.

The terminator's skeleton rising from the wreckage in terminator 1

The bike chase scene in Akira - still better than most animation out now

All of Spirited Away - genius

In Dazed and Confused when Ben Affleck gets doused in white paint, every kid's revenge on the bully that picked on them

$Leon$
09/11/2004, 3:42 PM
The bit at the end of Lost In Translation when Bill Murray whispers something to Scarlett Johanssen, just another cool moment in a class film.

hope ur extracting the urine pal. da only good thing bout that film was scarrlett johanssen. murry ok but absolute bore of a film.

Dricky
09/11/2004, 4:12 PM
Bound........nuf said

$Leon$
09/11/2004, 4:13 PM
Agree. Was very disappointed with it.

from what i heard it seemed good. went to the bother of renting it out felt like demanding my money back. glad to hear i wasn't the only one. not exactly a great add for japan either

green goblin
10/11/2004, 9:33 AM
from the same film:
clint tells the story of "ss indianapoliss"

Oh, good one. "I'll never wear a lifejacket again". Brrrr...! The evil smile on his face as he sings "Farewell to you fair spanish ladies".

How about Bogie's fairewell speech from Casablanca? Surely that's got to be in any list? Clark Gable from gone with Wind "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!". Or what about "I'm spartacus!- No, I'm Spartacus"?

Jack Nicholson from The Shining: "Heeeere's Johnny!!"

Two Kurt Russell moments.
1) Escape from New York- "Call me snake".
2). The Closing scene of The Thing where they sit out in the snow and wait, and the whole cpr chomping ribcage thing.

Oh yeah, and Princess Leia in the slavegirl outfit. :o

James
10/11/2004, 9:42 AM
True Romance when the mob are interegating Denis Hopper, and he tells them that the mafia were spawned by nig**rs
pure comical.. the guy knows hes not coming out alive no matter what he says.

great film

the 12 th man
10/11/2004, 10:04 AM
True Romance when the mob are interegating Denis Hopper, and he tells them that the mafia were spawned by nig**rs
pure comical.. the guy knows hes not coming out alive no matter what he says.

great film

agreed,
blue velvet;dennis hopper again:when he meets the hooker.
he puts on the oxygyn mask and says "show it to me".
very nasty but great performance

James
10/11/2004, 10:15 AM
come to think of it most of hoppers performances are top notch
even in Speed like

pop quiz, theres a bomb on the bus..
What do you do? what do you do? :)

Dricky
10/11/2004, 11:07 AM
Holy Grail,
The French and the COw.....

strangeirish
10/11/2004, 4:13 PM
Clark Gable from gone with Wind "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!".

Or the one by the late Ronald Reagan " Frankly my damn I don't give a dear!" or was that from the Spitting image show?

Aberdonian Stu
10/11/2004, 4:15 PM
Bill and Ted's when they're jamming at the end and Rufus turns to the screen and says "They do get better".

Babysis
10/11/2004, 4:18 PM
That fight scene in The Quiet Man. Still a classic.

sylvo
10/11/2004, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=tetsujin1979]The bit at the end of Lost In Translation when Bill Murray whispers something to Scarlett Johanssen, just another cool moment in a class film.

Not to forget the final scene's of the movie playing out to The Jesus and Mary Chain, ''just like Honey''. Pure class.

sylvo
10/11/2004, 10:43 PM
can't believe no one has mentioned any of the godfather films yet. ignore sofia coppalla in gf3 and der flawless

The part in the godfather ii when Vito Corleon goes back to Sicily for the first time since getting run out of the place, and visit's the Don who murdered his family.

''AND THIS IS FOR YOU''

lopez
10/11/2004, 11:10 PM
That fight scene in The Quiet Man. Still a classic.Most scenes in TQM are classics. Michaleen about Prohibition, about drinking whiskey and water, the threatened punch up between the CIE staff, the 'stick to beat the lady with', the old geezer getting out of bed to see the scrap. Even the other day with a visit to Worcester Cathedral with Conchita I told her to cover her neck 'like a good Protestant' as in TQM, to which she said it was only the priest that had to do that, stooopid!! The 32 accents of Ireland, the 'Ireland may be a poor country but here a man sleeps in his bed' speech, the bloke with the tam o'shanter claiming if the Ra were involved 'not a scorched brick would be left of your lovely house', the horse slamming on the brakes by the pub, the Major ignoring everything...etc. etc.

BTW, I like Gene Hackman with his 'Kiss my Irish ass' after ordering a shot of Four Roses in French Connection 2.

sylvo
10/11/2004, 11:32 PM
BTW, I like Gene Hackman with his 'Kiss my Irish ass' after ordering a shot of Four Roses in French Connection 2.

Watch 25th hour with Ed Norton, that classic old popeye Doyle line make's a return in that movie.

the 12 th man
11/11/2004, 7:06 AM
Not to forget the final scene's of the movie playing out to The Jesus and Mary Chain, ''just like Honey''. Pure class.[/QUOTE]

piece of trivia:neil hannon borrowed a guitar off the reid brothers from tj&mc
to record the theme music for FATHER TED :eek: :D

ccfcman
11/11/2004, 6:54 PM
Trainspotting, choose . . . (http://www.pg.ru/video/trainspotting/movie3.mov)

Ruairi
11/11/2004, 7:41 PM
Holy Grail,
The French and the COw.....

your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!!!

the 12 th man
22/11/2004, 9:00 AM
willy wonka and the chocolate factory:
when charlie puts the "everlasting gobstopper" back on the table before leaving.

Plastic Paddy
22/11/2004, 9:14 AM
Scarface – Just before the denouement Tony takes one last noseful from the Colombian mountain in front of him – “I am Tony Montana!”

Goodfellas – Tommy getting whacked by the untouchables for the death of Billy Bones

Godfather I/II – the prelude to Vito Corleone shooting the local hood Fanucci – “I make him an offer he canna refusa…”

:) PP

Plastic Paddy
22/11/2004, 9:22 AM
The Long Good Friday – Harold’s rueful smile right at the close when he realises that he’s been overthrown as numero uno

Pulp Fiction – Harvey Keitel - “My name’s Winston Wolf. I solve problems”.

Godfather II – Michael killing Freddo in full view of the family home whilst they fish on Lake Tahoe

:) PP

green goblin
22/11/2004, 9:26 AM
More gangsters moments.

1). Chinatown, when Jack Nicholson has his nose ripped open with a blade.

2). Gangs of New York, the Paddy's coming straight off the coffin ships into the Northern army off to fight the civil war, with no idea where it is they're going.

3). Bugsy Malone ( :o ), the boxers song.

$Leon$
22/11/2004, 9:41 AM
opening scene from godfather
"i believe in america........"
very power full opening to the greatest films ever.
the entire wedding day scene perfectly describes the family, how they do businness and what their values are. crucial to the entire trilogy.
MASTERPIECE

green goblin
22/11/2004, 11:09 AM
Ohmigod, memorable as in Darby O'Gill and the Little People and Ryan's Daughter were memorable, or Foster and Allen on Top of the Pops in leprechaun suits was memorable. All in all, I'd rather forget though...
Oh, I like Ryan's Daughter. :) It's, y'know, very much of it's time and all, but I like it. I know it's kind of dated badly in places, but I think it's a bit harsh sticking it away in the same box with Paddy McGinty's goat, Con.
The Quiet Man is a bit too cheesy for even me, however. It's a full flavoured roquefort, whereas Ryan's Daughter is a perfectly servicable mature cheddar.

inexile
22/11/2004, 6:14 PM
cant believe no one mentioned sharon stones leg opening scene in basic instinct! thats memorable in that i still remember that at least once a week!!!

also loved the scene in the shawshank redemption where red is talking about andy and says "maybe i just missed my friend" heart warming stuff,

and i dunno if any one has seen inside im dancing which was in the cinema recently but i thought it was class from start to finish but when the 2 boys are on the bridge in dublin and are giving out about the railing saying its discrimitation against the disabled cos "any cripple with suicidal tendancies cannot act on said tendancies" classic

Metrostars
22/11/2004, 9:00 PM
The wood chipper scene in Fargo.
The Mini get away in the original Italian Job.
The final fight scene in Rocky.
Nicky dying playing russian roulette in Deerhunter

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 1:59 AM
The wood chipper scene in Fargo.

I love that scene and that whole film, between that and the first "Jesus" scene in The Big Lebowski, I will never stop laughing at them..

green goblin
23/11/2004, 8:56 AM
cant believe no one mentioned sharon stones leg opening scene in basic instinct! thats memorable in that i still remember that at least once a week!!!

Well for the sake of balance, top comedy willy moments...

The closing scene in "Boogie Nights" where Marky Mark gets his prosthetic schlong out in frot of the mirror. "I'm Dirk Diggler".

Euan MacGregor pulling down his pants and jumping up and down waving his all over the stage in "Velvet Goldmine".

Graham Chapman's full frontal in the "Romeo and Juliet" homage in "Life of Brian". "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy".

Er.... I'm going to stop now. This is all getting a bit gay. :o

Thomo
23/11/2004, 9:41 PM
and the first "Jesus" scene in The Big Lebowski

one of my fav scenes in any movie is definitely the ****ing on the rug scene in the big lebowski, you know 'cause it kinda ties the room together'

Longfordian
23/11/2004, 10:31 PM
"Smoky, you're about to enter a world of pain". John Goodman was brilliant in the Big Lebowski. All his scenes were memorable

lopez
24/11/2004, 8:55 PM
cant believe no one mentioned sharon stones leg opening scene in basic instinct! thats memorable in that i still remember that at least once a week!!!There's a similar scene to that in Anal Slutz 3. :eek:

Well for the sake of balance, top comedy willy moments...

The closing scene in "Boogie Nights" where Marky Mark gets his prosthetic schlong out in frot of the mirror. "I'm Dirk Diggler"...There's also a similar scene to that in Anal Slutz 3. :eek: :eek:

NJTom
24/11/2004, 11:31 PM
Goodfellas, the Funny Guy Scene (http://koti.mbnet.fi/badbee/wavs/funny.wav)

steve staunton
25/11/2004, 10:51 AM
the 3rd man
whe harry lime was spotted in the door way

the 12 th man
26/11/2004, 10:42 PM
the excorcist.

father karris has a vision of his mother dissapearing down an escalator as she calls out his name ..............creepy stuff :eek: .."dimmy.......why did you leave me............?"

harry crumb
29/11/2004, 1:50 AM
12 Angry Men : When henry fonda sticks the knife in the table and leaves the 11 other jurors gobsmacked.

Rocky 2 : The countdown with both boxers on the canvas and the moment and music when Rocky gets up on the last count. Allways brings a tear to my eye.