PDA

View Full Version : Roddys friends & the blue flu

Ringo
09/11/2004, 6:58 AM
Two of the clubs English based players have refused to travel for tonights game. :rolleyes:

drummerboy
09/11/2004, 12:10 PM
If there is any justice Longford will put out their u-21 team tonight. Now that would make things interesting.

Dricky
09/11/2004, 12:46 PM
I wonder how many of those players will return as rovers players next year.
Roddy no one believes you. cheat.....

Ringo
09/11/2004, 1:06 PM
Look at Dermott Keelys article in the sun, he goes much further.

In his Irish Sun column, Keely wrote: “I have inherited a real mess at the club. Roddy brought in seven English players, and five are still there. Two of them – Keith Rowland and Grant Cooper – fly in and out which is not ideal. The other three, Adam Rundle, Scott Friel and Ronnie Henry, are based in Dublin but were given permission to return to England last weekend.

“Yes, that is right. Roddy told them they were free to return home when we have a must-win game against Longford Town. Had I known, I would have stopped them.

“It is also the case the loyalty of those five players lies with Roddy ... Who knows, they may have expectations – or maybe they have even heard – that Roddy would take them to Rovers? So is it really in their interest to fight to the death for Dublin City?

“And it is not as though I can drop them because Roddy got rid of so many players when he took over that the squad is positively threadbare. When I looked at my bench last Thursday, I thought I was in charge of Home Farm’s under-17 side.”

drummerboy
09/11/2004, 3:07 PM
Justice ? Justice ? After our largesse in Tolka last time 'round when we embarrassed ourselves, do you really expect a further three points ?? Much as I would dearly love to see shoddy go to the first division where he belongs (and in fairness, not even there. Soccer doesn't deserve an idiot like him.) - I hope we wallop you off the park tonight. Breifne (where has he gone ??) made a prediction shortly after shoddy was appointed that we were going down and ye were staying up - based on some ridiculous logic (maths student ??), and I hope we revenge his impudence and stupidity by a good flaking tonight.

Actually I'm a neutral and don't have any alliegance to DC but am sympathetic to their situation and think they have be stitched up by Rodders.