PDA

View Full Version : Clare District League 2014/15

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

footballfriend
09/08/2014, 8:15 AM
Might aswel start a new thread for the new year. Any transfer rumours? Who will win the premier this year?

old git
10/08/2014, 10:03 PM
Might aswel start a new thread for the new year. Any transfer rumours? Who will win the premier this year?

let the fun begin :D

Sunday 24/08/2014
Husquarna Maloney Garden Machinery Premier Division League
Corofin: Corofin Harps A v Avenue Utd A 11.00 Michael Rock

Cragg Tulla: Tulla Utd A v Bridge Utd A 11.00 Martin O’Brien

Bridgetown: Bridge Celtic v Ennis Town A 11.00 Robert Hennessey

Cassidy Park: Lifford v Newmarket Celtic A 11.00 Pa Gleeson

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A v Hermitage A 11.00 Terry Kennedy

First Division League Cup Group A
Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic A v Avenue Utd B 11.00 Trevor White

Lees Road: Turnpike Rovers v Moher Celtic 11.00 Frankie Coote

First Division League Cup Group B
McDonagh Park: Newmarket Celtic B v Mountshannon Celtic 2.00 James Ferns

Cahercon: Kildysart Celtic v Ennis Town B 2.00 Michael O’Halloran

Second Division League Cup Group A
Lisdoonvarna: Burren Utd v Kilrush Rangers 2.30 Michael Rock

Lees Road: Rhine Rovers v St Pats 2.30 Flan Sheedy

Second Division League Cup Group B
LIT Limerick: Treaty Celtic v Ruan Utd 2.00 John Guerin

Bunratty: Bunratty/Cratloe v Rineanna Rovers 11.00 Dave McCarthy

Third Division League Cup Group A
Shannon: Shannon Olympic B v Inch Crusaders 2.00 Dave McCarthy

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley Fern Celtic v Tulla Utd B 2.00 Lukasz Baranowski

Third Division League Cup Group B
Kilrush: West Clare FC v Corofin Harps B 2.00 Paul Hickey

Lisdoonvarna: Sporting Ennistymon B v Coole FC 11.00 Tom Corry

younglawd
12/08/2014, 7:50 PM
Any good friendlies in town during the week?

AC Melon
15/08/2014, 11:02 AM
Heard yesterday Paddy Purcell has signed for Newmarket, any1 confirm this? Massive addition if true!

old git
15/08/2014, 11:11 AM
Heard yesterday Paddy Purcell has signed for Newmarket, any1 confirm this? Massive addition if true!

OLD News melon i posted that about two weeks ago on old clare league thread ... Paddy has said he has not signed for anybody yet>> but training and played friendly last week for newmarket so looking good for them ?

AC Melon
15/08/2014, 11:23 AM
OLD News melon i posted that about two weeks ago on old clare league thread ... Paddy has said he has not signed for anybody yet>> but training and played friendly last week for newmarket so looking good for them ? thought I read it somewhere alright OG, someone brought it up last night and sounded familiar, be a quality signing if he does. Think he would make Newmarket favourites to win the league no doubt. Who was there friendly against?

OneNightOnly
15/08/2014, 12:32 PM
thought I read it somewhere alright OG, someone brought it up last night and sounded familiar, be a quality signing if he does. Think he would make Newmarket favourites to win the league no doubt. Who was there friendly against?

How will he feel when half the team go hurling ??

Shuffleruns
15/08/2014, 12:33 PM

He might join them. Hurling is the way forward!

AC Melon
15/08/2014, 12:53 PM

Yeah he won't like that! But do there players really miss that many games? They nearly won the league and semi final of munster junior, I assume either there squad is strong enough to fill those positions or that they miss very little even with the hurling??

Shuffleruns
15/08/2014, 12:55 PM
Good point ^^

OneNightOnly
15/08/2014, 1:01 PM
Yeah he won't like that! But do there players really miss that many games? They nearly won the league and semi final of munster junior, I assume either there squad is strong enough to fill those positions or that they miss very little even with the hurling??

Nearly never won anything

AC Melon
15/08/2014, 1:27 PM
Nearly never won anything well if they come as close as they did last year with an addition of Paddy Purcell they should win it, you completely ignored the point I was making and decided to make a hilarious comment. Thanks for your involvement much appreciated

OneNightOnly
15/08/2014, 1:32 PM
well if they come as close as they did last year with an addition of Paddy Purcell they should win it, you completely ignored the point I was making and decided to make a hilarious comment. Thanks for your involvement much appreciated

I Don't think Newmarket are quite happy to nearly win...

O Brien
Hayes
Brigdale
OConnell
Kelly

The sum of these players doesn't equate to the powers of Paddy Purcell.

AC Melon
15/08/2014, 1:40 PM
I Don't think Newmarket are quite happy to nearly win...

O Brien
Hayes
Brigdale
OConnell
Kelly

The sum of these players doesn't equate to the powers of Paddy Purcell.

How many games do they miss a season though? If paddy is going there its to win things I'm sure he's not going just for the fun of it. I just don't understand how newmarket still do so well each season with all these players off playing hurling during the season, maybe the management aren't happy with "nearly winning" but clearly these players aren't too pushed about it??

footballfriend
15/08/2014, 1:55 PM
They rarely miss games lads. They have the core group all the time. They never had a massive squad anyway. Briggy missed 1 game thru hurling last year I think. Championship is this weekend anyway.

OneNightOnly
15/08/2014, 1:58 PM
How many games do they miss a season though? If paddy is going there its to win things I'm sure he's not going just for the fun of it. I just don't understand how newmarket still do so well each season with all these players off playing hurling during the season, maybe the management aren't happy with "nearly winning" but clearly these players aren't too pushed about it??

I'd imagine he's going there to play for his mate Crusher. This is the earliest the premier has started in years so only time will tell how well Newmarket do with or without their hurlers.

old git
15/08/2014, 2:03 PM
thought I read it somewhere alright OG, someone brought it up last night and sounded familiar, be a quality signing if he does. Think he would make Newmarket favourites to win the league no doubt. Who was there friendly against?

team from kildare dont know there name but it was played in Doora ? newmarket lost 4-0 i think

First
15/08/2014, 2:49 PM

Great news if true. Will add to a great squad.

This old chestnut. Anyone care to tell us how many games the "hurlers" miss a season?

First
15/08/2014, 2:51 PM
team from kildare dont know there name but it was played in Doora ? newmarket lost 4-0 i think

Newmarket lost 5 nil to a LSL side, the name escapes me. Well off the pace considering the league is 10 days away. I think we'll miss the league cup.

Second
15/08/2014, 3:00 PM
I'd imagine he's going there to play for his mate Crusher. This is the earliest the premier has started in years so only time will tell how well Newmarket do with or without their hurlers.

Im sure with all the money on offer in limk he will end up there. .

Second
16/08/2014, 8:07 AM
What is it with you about players getting paid in limerick,get a life it's getting old now.

Whats the problem. . Tell me its not true.. I simply said a lad could get paid (expenses) to play in limk . And he would be mad not to take it..

AC Melon
16/08/2014, 1:02 PM
Whats the problem. . Tell me its not true.. I simply said a lad could get paid (expenses) to play in limk . And he would be mad not to take it..
Maybe he's not in it for the money, I'm sure Darren Murphy was also offered something but he decided to stay at the bridge.

old git
16/08/2014, 4:32 PM
well if they come as close as they did last year with an addition of Paddy Purcell they should win it, you completely ignored the point I was making and decided to make a hilarious comment. Thanks for your involvement much appreciated

latest on the big summer signing is that a local Shannon team have approached paddy to sign with them

Second
16/08/2014, 6:52 PM
latest on the big summer signing is that a local Shannon team have approached paddy to sign with them

All 3 shannon teams i'm sure have approached him

Shuffleruns
16/08/2014, 8:23 PM

Who is this?

old git
16/08/2014, 9:07 PM
All 3 shannon teams i'm sure have approached him

no Shannon team had approached him as said by paddy

old git
16/08/2014, 9:08 PM
Who is this?

they were recently promoted to the clare premier league

Shuffleruns
16/08/2014, 9:33 PM
Haha good one

mastermind1
17/08/2014, 9:16 PM
I just seen the full fixture lists for the upcoming season. Credit must go to the new fixtures secretary Donal Kirby here. It is great to see, what will happen if a game is cancelled? will it then go to the bottom of the list or does that particular game have to be played before we move on

Hibs7772
18/08/2014, 2:21 AM
I just seen the full fixture lists for the upcoming season. Credit must go to the new fixtures secretary Donal Kirby here. It is great to see, what will happen if a game is cancelled? will it then go to the bottom of the list or does that particular game have to be played before we move on

Where can you see the full fixture list for the upcoming season? Thought you could only see the first round of fixtures on the clare league website

fatronaldo
18/08/2014, 8:33 AM
Ive heard that lifford junior team is folding that they haven't any players..

mastermind1
18/08/2014, 9:01 AM
If you go to the clare league website, go into fixtures. Then right down at the bottom of the page there is a link for prem, 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions.

That would be an awful pity about lifford if true fatronaldo

Hibs7772
18/08/2014, 12:25 PM
If you go to the clare league website, go into fixtures. Then right down at the bottom of the page there is a link for prem, 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions.

That would be an awful pity about lifford if true fatronaldo
Thanks!

AC Melon
19/08/2014, 9:36 AM
Any predictions for the upcoming season? I'll go with :
Premier: Newmarket
1st div: Turnpike
2nd div: Rhine rovers
3rd: Shannon Olympic B (to be promoted)

old git
19/08/2014, 11:10 AM

Premier: Avenue
1st div: sporting ennistymon
3rd: west clare

car_friend
19/08/2014, 12:32 PM
What is the talk about lifford folding? Thought they had a new manager in place and getting a few older players back. Anyone got any info on this?

Rider Cups
19/08/2014, 1:44 PM
Prem: 1st Newmarket, 2nd Ennis Town, 3rd Avenue
1st div.:1st Ennistymon, 2nd Mountshannon, 3rd Moher
2nd div.:1st Rhine, 2nd Burren, 3rd St.Pats
3rd div.: 1st West Clare 2nd Coole 3rd Inch

fatronaldo
19/08/2014, 7:31 PM
Ya they have a new manager the hermitage manager of last year..heard that he had some tage players goin with him (john maher,joe lynch and niggs) but word now is only lynch is signing. .can anyone give any comment on this?

Side Cutter
19/08/2014, 8:45 PM

Agree with that. Could have and should have been done years ago. Why are olympic at home in their first two games though? Thought it would be home every second match?

mastermind1
19/08/2014, 10:10 PM
Does that really matter though side cutter. I mean Avenue are away twice in a row to start with....havent looked at the fixtures in depth so others could be aswell but i presume it was all done randomly and not hand picked to suit teams

Hibs7772
20/08/2014, 3:31 AM
Bold prediction out of you AC saying the team that finished 3rd from bottom last year will finish 3rd from top or higher this year!

AC Melon
20/08/2014, 6:37 AM
Bold prediction out of you AC saying the team that finished 3rd from bottom last year will finish 3rd from top or higher this year!
8/9 new starting players including 6/7 A team players, if they'll ever do it it'll be this year

old git
20/08/2014, 8:57 AM
8/9 new starting players including 6/7 A team players, if they'll ever do it it'll be this year

melon keep it quiet the bookies in newmarket will be cutting there odds now ;)

AC Melon
20/08/2014, 9:36 AM
Already lumped on them at 100/1 easy money!!!

Side Cutter
20/08/2014, 10:45 AM
Does that really matter though side cutter. I mean Avenue are away twice in a row to start with....havent looked at the fixtures in depth so others could be aswell but i presume it was all done randomly and not hand picked to suit teams

Teams want to get off to a good start and playing at home in your first 2 games helps. I think most teams would rather play at home in the first 2

Rider Cups
20/08/2014, 4:53 PM
While i agree that the new fixtures secretary is a dead on guy, it's probably a fair question, as you can imagine the reaction if the previous man started Connolly off with 2 home games, anyway i'm sure he's going to do a brilliant job.

First
20/08/2014, 9:10 PM
While i agree that the new fixtures secretary is a dead on guy, it's probably a fair question, as you can imagine the reaction if the previous man started Connolly off with 2 home games, anyway i'm sure he's going to do a brilliant job.

There were 3 sets of fixtures generated, placed in separate closed envelopes and one was picked. This is the fixtures that you now see. He has started in a positive manner.
Also fair play to the last man, he did the job for years, thankless most of the time.

Hibs7772
21/08/2014, 1:26 AM

Already lumped on them at 100/1 easy money!!!

Can you actually bet on clare premier, 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions in Newmarket bookies?

old git
21/08/2014, 1:38 AM
Can you actually bet on clare premier, 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions in Newmarket bookies?

not sure if you still can but I know one of the bookies used to give odds on teams in leagues before season started ... any Newmarket lads confirm if bets still taken on clare league :ball:

AC Melon
21/08/2014, 6:20 AM
not sure if you still can but I know one of the bookies used to give odds on teams in leagues before season started ... any Newmarket lads confirm if bets still taken on clare league :ball:
Pretty sure you can on the premier, not sure about other divisions. Write to them on Fb or go into them I'm sure you don't live too far away hibs7772!