PDA

View Full Version : Rasicm Allegation against Athlone Town Fans.

ATFC-1887
08/08/2014, 3:48 PM
How true this is, i don't know. I heard nothing, and everyone else seems to of heard nothing, but that doesn't mean nothing was said. We are trying to figure out who it was, but its very unlikely anybody would own up. Hoping to god its not true.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/5813057/Athlone-face-race-inquest-after-Bray-allegation.html

gael353
08/08/2014, 10:37 PM
I remember a certain club who used to bring on a black player just to see would the away support racially abuse him. Fact. Had the highest number of ppl charged with racial abuse of any club ground.

Fivesilver
09/08/2014, 6:44 AM
I remember a certain club who used to bring on a black player just to see would the away support racially abuse him. Fact. Had the highest number of ppl charged with racial abuse of any club ground.

The wily rascals. Did they specifically sign this coloured chap in order to provoke and entrap the otherwise benign latent racists?

Bosco
09/08/2014, 9:36 AM
Is there anything left to go wrong for ye this season at this stage?

seand
12/08/2014, 12:37 PM

Now this is what the internet was invented for... Post of the Year material. Fact.

desaintsno.12
12/08/2014, 1:49 PM

this is just mental

Charlie Darwin
12/08/2014, 2:11 PM
If anybody else has some bad news they need to bury, I think gael353 just cleared the way with that comment.

ATFC-1887
12/08/2014, 2:32 PM
Update on this:
Stewards around us confirmed they heard nothing and said we were well behaved and had no trouble with us the whole game, a photographer near us heard nothing, no fans heard anything. Ref report says Akinade heard it in the 88th minute and pointed towards us. Bray were attacking our goal the last few minutes so he would of been the other end of the pitch to us. It would of have to been said extremely loud for him to hear it which in turn would mean everyone else would hear it. Not saying the lad is lying but it all sounds strange to me. I am extremely confidant that if there was something said, it was not from an Athlone Town fan.

Nesta99
12/08/2014, 2:49 PM
geal353 should be made chief investigator!

MeathDrog
12/08/2014, 2:53 PM
geal353 should be made chief investigator!

You know what them racists are like in Athlone. It would be like Mississippi Burning part 2.

bluewhitearmy
12/08/2014, 3:15 PM
I take it Gael is talking about people being arrested in Monaghan for racist comments that never actually happened.

nigel-harps1954
13/08/2014, 12:24 AM
Jaysus, Athlone are great craic. Keith Long at least. We met them on the way back from the Longford v Harps game on Saturday night at a petrol station outside Sligo and Long could do nothing but give out about the bus they were travelling on saying, "Bet ye wouldn't be seeing Finn Harps travel on a bus like this", before calling it a 'winky dink', whatever that meant.

ATFC-1887
14/08/2014, 4:07 PM
FAI found Athlone not guilty.

Mr A
14/08/2014, 6:58 PM
Good to hear that the scourge of rasicm has been notable only by its absence.

Surely we're near a point where the much maligned Athlone fans go on the run and form their own version of the A-Team?

Sean South
29/08/2014, 11:54 AM

This guy.