Neish
06/08/2014, 9:27 AM
Aye was expected

El-Pietro
06/08/2014, 9:41 AM
Let me be the first to say "Sit Down You Midget P****"

ger121
06/08/2014, 9:52 AM
Will make the upcoming Derby that bit more interesting. Back to hating Fenlon so.....

desaintsno.12
06/08/2014, 10:04 AM
ah B0LL0X

PartySaint
06/08/2014, 10:35 AM
That's the league wrapped up for the next few season so.

desaintsno.12
06/08/2014, 10:55 AM
on the plus side, if it doesnt work out, it will be one hell of a pay out considering the wages Fenlon will be on.

adamd164
06/08/2014, 11:11 AM

To be fair, it'll be tough for Pat's to win it on the bounce, even with Fenlon at Rovers.

nr637
06/08/2014, 11:14 AM

If you thought watching Shams under Croly was boring then god help Tallaght fans and watching football under Fenlon!
His style will cause you to feel weary and uninterested by dull talk and behaviour.

We will wait and see!

PartySaint
06/08/2014, 11:19 AM
If you thought watching Shams under Croly was boring then god help Tallaght fans and watching football under Fenlon!
His style will cause you to feel weary and uninterested by dull talk and behaviour.

We will wait and see!

I don't think it will bother them as long as they're winning

Dalymountrower
06/08/2014, 11:41 AM
If he isnt messed around by their Board, he will win at least one league title for them.

Yossarian
06/08/2014, 11:54 AM
But how is he going to manage with the fourth highest budget........

ger121
06/08/2014, 2:12 PM
But how is he going to manage with the fourth highest budget........

By increasing it again and again.

Charlie Darwin
06/08/2014, 2:25 PM
Grand so, hopefully it works out a bit better than the last time we wrapped up the league for the foreseeable future with all our Europa League cash.

Fenlon in, popular choice among the fanbase, nobody will be able to blame the board if it doesn't work out. Budget increased for next season, unsurprisingly, so he'll have at least the third biggest budget in the league to work with. We'll find out if the moany holes who have been staying away from matches in "protest" will come back now their number has been called.

Ezeikial
06/08/2014, 3:08 PM
Budget increased for next season, unsurprisingly, so he'll have at least the third biggest budget in the league to work with.

Do all the clubs have to submit their budgets for next season so far in advance?

Martinho II
06/08/2014, 4:15 PM
with us playin shams in two weeks time in the cup I was hopin that they would have held off on their appointment.But will have to concentrate on givin Fenlon a bit of a fright and bring game to Longford for a replay so we can make money on the gate!

Charlie Darwin
06/08/2014, 4:34 PM
with us playin shams in two weeks time in the cup I was hopin that they would have held off on their appointment.But will have to concentrate on givin Fenlon a bit of a fright and bring game to Longford for a replay so we can make money on the gate!
Gates are split 50/50 as far as I know so you'll make more money from Tallaght.

PartySaint
06/08/2014, 4:48 PM

There would probably be a bigger crowd in Longford

Charlie Darwin
06/08/2014, 4:50 PM
I know the locals get excited when the Rovers come to town but no way would they get anywhere close.

Sligo Hoops.
06/08/2014, 5:38 PM
Fenlon in, popular choice among the fanbase, .

If ever the adage of being careful of what you wished for has meaning, this is it.

No pressure, Pat. A trip to Landsdowne Road on the first Sunday in November would be just fine.

You've come a long way from the Naomh Padraig bus.

Yossarian
06/08/2014, 7:51 PM

Not quite 50/50. The FAI have to get their significant cut aswell.

nigel-harps1954
06/08/2014, 8:31 PM
Not quite 50/50. The FAI have to get their significant cut aswell.

Pretty sure the FAI get either 10% or 15%. Precisely why there's never official attendance figures for cup games.

brendy_éire
07/08/2014, 7:44 AM
Pretty sure the FAI get either 10% or 15%. Precisely why there's never official attendance figures for cup games.

20% to the FAI.

Macy
07/08/2014, 8:06 AM
Especially with the security detail the FAI would want in Longford, not to mention cops.

CityRebel
07/08/2014, 11:36 AM
on the plus side, if it doesnt work out, it will be one hell of a pay out considering the wages Fenlon will be on.
Did he sign a 3.5 year contract?

Yossarian
07/08/2014, 1:23 PM
Did he sign a 3.5 year contract?

If this is true it is mental. Have they not learned from the contracts they gave to the last two managers.

Charlie Darwin
07/08/2014, 1:27 PM
Presumably the plan is not to sack this manager. Fenlon resigned at Derry and Hibs when it was clear things weren't working out for him. I wouldn't expect him to hang on for dear life like the last fella.

Dodge
07/08/2014, 1:33 PM
He did in his ******** resign from either of those positions...

Charlie Darwin
07/08/2014, 1:38 PM
Resigned/mutual consent, whatever. Point is he's not going to sit on his arse for three years collecting a pay cheque rather than getting back into another job.

nigel-harps1954
07/08/2014, 2:04 PM
Presumably the plan is not to sack this manager.

Did they plan to sack the other managers before him?

Charlie Darwin
07/08/2014, 2:09 PM
No, but they weren't up to scratch. Fenlon has proven he can handle the pressure of a club where fans expect titles.

nigel-harps1954
07/08/2014, 2:11 PM
No, but they weren't up to scratch. Fenlon has proven he can handle the pressure of a club where fans expect titles.

Famous last words ;)

Dodge
07/08/2014, 2:13 PM
Resigned/mutual consent, whatever. Point is he's not going to sit on his arse for three years collecting a pay cheque rather than getting back into another job.

That's not really how contracts work. If he's sacked, he'll be due his contract whether he takes up work or not.

Most clubs/managers agree pay offs (as ROvers did with Croly and Kenny) but whether they're looking or work or not is immaterial

Yossarian
07/08/2014, 2:15 PM
Point is he's not going to sit on his arse for three years collecting a pay cheque rather than getting back into another job.

Of course not. What will happen if he doesnt work out is that he'll give them a figure and tell them that's what he wants for the "mutual consent" option to kick in.

Charlie Darwin
07/08/2014, 3:26 PM
That's not really how contracts work. If he's sacked, he'll be due his contract whether he takes up work or not.

Most clubs/managers agree pay offs (as ROvers did with Croly and Kenny) but whether they're looking or work or not is immaterial
I take it you don't do contract work then. Assuming there are no targets or performance indicators in his contract, the club is obliged to fulfil the terms as long as he's willing and able to do so. If he takes up work elsewhere, his entitlement to the terms of his contract is no longer total and it becomes a completely different situation that needs to be resolved by negotiation or arbitration. That's what happened with Kenny, who was originally looking for the full terms of his contract. It's not really an issue with Croly because his contract was almost up anyway so I assume his pay-off was amicable to all parties.

Fivesilver
09/08/2014, 6:49 AM

If he took the Hibs job with the fans there expecting the SPL title then he was a brave man to work in front of a bunch of raving lunatics. (:

Nesta99
09/08/2014, 11:35 AM

With the meagre budget likely to be allowed by the club he will have his work cut out! 4th place beckons...