PDA

View Full Version : 23rd round LOI -7/8/9th August.

Pages : [1] 2

Dunny
06/08/2014, 2:49 AM
Premier division

Thursday.

LimerickFC v Bray W. 7.45pm

Friday.

Drogheda Utd v Dundalk 8pm LIVE on Setanta

Cork City v St.Pats Ath.

UCD v BohemianFC

Shamrock Rovers v Derry City.8pm

Saturday.

Sligo Rovers v Athlone Town

1st Division

Friday.

Waterford Utd v Shamrock Rovers

Shelbourne v Cobh Rams. 8pm

Wexford Youths v GalwayFC 8pm

Saturday.

Longford Town v Finn Harps 7.30pm

Lims doing a Dundalk pre 2009 and playing on Thursday ;) hence the early thread.

Martinho II
06/08/2014, 4:20 PM
Premier division

Thursday.

LimerickFC v Bray W. 7.45pm

Friday.

Drogheda Utd v Dundalk 8pm LIVE on Setanta

Cork City v St.Pats Ath.

UCD v BohemianFC

Shamrock Rovers v Derry City.8pm

Saturday.

Sligo Rovers v Athlone Town

1st Division

Friday.

Waterford Utd v Shamrock Rovers

Shelbourne v Cobh Rams. 8pm

Wexford Youths v GalwayFC 8pm

Saturday.

Longford Town v Finn Harps 7.30pm

Lims doing a Dundalk pre 2009 and playing on Thursday ;) hence the early thread.

why are Limerick playin tmw can I ask?

Mr A
06/08/2014, 4:34 PM

AND THE MOD SPAKE AND HE SAID- THERE SHALL BE NO TEXT SPEAK ON THIS FORUM FOR IT IS A SHAMEFUL THING. FOLLOW NOT THE WICKED WAYS OF TEXT SPEAK LEST THEE FEEL THE AWESOME POWER OF THE BAN HAMMER*.

* Or indeed it's less impressive but still powerful friend, the poking device of warning.

Titan
06/08/2014, 5:06 PM
Err is "mod" not short for moderator? And is the basis of text speak not shortening every word to incomprehensible gibberish? If this is the case I think the moderator should moderate himself and issue himself with a poking to set an example to the great unwashed peasantry that this sort of thing won't be tolerated!

desaintsno.12
06/08/2014, 5:07 PM
Ban'm all !!!

Mr A
06/08/2014, 5:31 PM
Err is "mod" not short for moderator?

http://i.imgur.com/HWdVVmQ.jpg

CityRebel
06/08/2014, 6:00 PM
Win, lose or draw, the Pats fans will be on here for a whinge and a moan about the bold Cork City players ;)

Jofspring
06/08/2014, 6:14 PM

World Club Rugby 7's Tournament on in Thomond Park all weekend.

dundalkfc10
06/08/2014, 6:16 PM
No Tickets available in Drogheda at the game Friday for Dundalk fans, Must be got in Oriel before 12 on Friday. Request from the Gardai according to Dundalks Twitter

TonyD
06/08/2014, 6:49 PM
Win, lose or draw, the Pats fans will be on here for a whinge and a moan about the bold Cork City players ;)

Nah, I can promise there'll be no whinging if we beat ye. :D

Big game for Pats. League is really done and dusted if we don't win you'd have to think. Could be a tough one for Dundalk v Drogheda though, so, three points in Cork and you never know.

White Horse
06/08/2014, 7:48 PM
No Tickets available in Drogheda at the game Friday for Dundalk fans, Must be got in Oriel before 12 on Friday. Request from the Gardai according to Dundalks Twitter

Sensible decision. Drogheda do not have the capacity to sell tickets to a large number of away fans. The queue for tickets before the last visit went down the Windmill Road.

Charlie Darwin
07/08/2014, 8:08 PM
Limerick 1-0 up at home to Bray with an hour gone. Dave Scully sent off for Bray after getting a second yellow for diving in the box.

NeverFeltBetter
07/08/2014, 8:37 PM
4-1 full time. Gaffney hat trick and Lynch for Limerick, Zambra for Bray. Great result, Limerick jump two places to 7th. Relegation very hard to foresee now.

Charlie Darwin
07/08/2014, 8:39 PM
We now know that Rovers are no better or worse than Bray.

Lim till i die
08/08/2014, 12:45 AM
The addition of Lee Lynch and the new mangers controversial decision to allow the team to pass the ball forwards on occasion have transformed Rory Gaffney.

Pity our next two games are back to back away to Dundak and Pats.

Having said that Dundalk mightnt fancy us even when ****e we 've bothered them in Oriel in recent years.

Lim till i die
08/08/2014, 12:48 AM
Dave Scully sent off for Bray after getting a second yellow for diving in the box.

Hilarious scenes.

He's about as graceful as a drunk giraffe

Charlie Darwin
08/08/2014, 12:54 AM
Gaffney's always looked a terrific player for me but Taylor never fancied him and when he finally did have to play him he just seemed to have you lumping balls at him all day. I'd have been over the moon if we'd swapped him for Zayed.

Lim till i die
08/08/2014, 1:03 AM
He's still frustratingly green at times (gets caught offside ten or twelve times a game) but he's always been a major handful and his confidence is sky high at the moment, two cracking finishes again tonight.

If he ever finds a coach to work a bit of extra cuteness into him he 'll be a serious operator.

Acer
08/08/2014, 7:51 AM
Tv cameras and Neil doyle as ref will result in at least one red card and probably a penalty tonight. I hope we're not on the receiving end. If it somehow stays 11 v 11 and we get a good performance from the referee than I expect a cracking game.

PartySaint
08/08/2014, 8:11 AM
the new mangers controversial decision to allow the team to pass the ball forwards on occasion .

It'll never work

Louth4sam
08/08/2014, 8:15 AM
Having said that Dundalk mightnt fancy us even when ****e we 've bothered them in Oriel in recent years.

Bothered??? Bane of our feckin lives. Limerick always do well against us. Definitely Dundalk's bogey team.

colonelwest
08/08/2014, 7:25 PM
One all in Hunky Dory park, Pat Huuuuban as the Dundalk FM lads would say for Dundalk, Gary O'Neill hitting back for the Drogs straight away

Louth4sam
08/08/2014, 7:51 PM
Ref having a stinker here in humpty dumpty park. Everything going drogs way.
Dundalk have missed a load of chances but Drogheda are right in the game

adamd164
08/08/2014, 8:45 PM
Carlsberg don't do 88th minute winners, but if they did it'd be a Colin Healy bicycle kick

CityRebel
08/08/2014, 9:18 PM
Carlsberg don't do 88th minute winners, but if they did it'd be a Colin Healy bicycle kick
:D Great goal, great result.

Pablo Escobar
08/08/2014, 9:35 PM
That was one of the best goals I've ever seen live. I can't wait to see it on Monday.

MeathDrog
08/08/2014, 9:59 PM
Ref having a stinker here in humpty dumpty park. Everything going drogs way.
Dundalk have missed a load of chances but Drogheda are right in the game
Didn't think he was biased to either team. A few odd calls went Dundalk's way too.

Overall he was good.

pineapple stu
08/08/2014, 10:00 PM
Hard not to have a grudging respect for Cork's title challenge now; they're simply not fading even though they don't seem to play particularly well.

UCD v Bohs was awful rubbish for the first half, but ended up a fairly lively game. Bohs the better side for most of it, but neither of us really had anything up front. Defences on top, keepers about one save each, 0-0 a fair result. But not the worst of 0-0s.

Anto Murphy taken off to hospital in the first half. Looked like maybe another broken ankle; second in the Bowl in successive games.

Acer
08/08/2014, 10:30 PM
Didn't think he was biased to either team. A few odd calls went Dundalk's way too.

Overall he was good.

Amazingly, aside from a few bizarre decisions in the second half, I thought he did a great job in keeping everything under control.

The game was a lot scrappier than I expected with the ball spending a lot of time in the air. Dundalk are a very high-ball side and their percentage of headed goals this season has to be a record. Kenny has done a great job with them on this and really plays to their strengths. I've no doubt they'll win the league.

in saying that, they didn't deserve the 3 points tonight and nor did we. Neither side did enough and the goalkeepers had little to do. Still a very enjoyable, edgy game all the same and I suppose we can take the point and build on it. I really think we can make some waves in the cup.

Pablo Escobar
08/08/2014, 10:36 PM
Amazingly, aside from a few bizarre decisions in the second half, I thought he did a great job in keeping everything under control.

The game was a lot scrappier than I expected with the ball spending a lot of time in the air. Dundalk are a very high-ball side and their percentage of headed goals this season has to be a record. Kenny has done a great job with them on this and really plays to their strengths. I've no doubt they'll win the league.

in saying that, they didn't deserve the 3 points tonight and nor did we. Neither side did enough and the goalkeepers had little to do. Still a very enjoyable, edgy game all the same and I suppose we can take the point and build on it. I really think we can make some waves in the cup.
So Rico is doing his best to win us another league!? You'll surely roll over when you come to Turners Cross!?

gormacha
08/08/2014, 10:40 PM
Hard not to have a grudging respect for Cork's title challenge now; they're simply not fading even though they don't seem to play particularly well.

Even though a Waterford Utd fan, I have no axe to grind with Cork. I lived, studied and worked there for years. I've been to so many of their games, going back to 1987. You might even say I have a soft spot for them... so I'm not being petty when I say I cannot remember any team in any league being so average and yet pushing for the title.

I say this with complete respect - they just don't give up, stay in games that they should have been beaten in, and find a way to get late goals. A fan's dream really.

I've seen them live about a half dozen occasions this season, and the only game they played well in was the 3-0 victory over Shamrock Rovers. And yet I haven't seen them lose. Fair play.

adamd164
08/08/2014, 10:43 PM
Agent Rico.

Pablo Escobar
08/08/2014, 10:56 PM
http://cinemagr.am/showMobile/158012025

patrickccfc
08/08/2014, 11:32 PM
Mental scenes at the cross tonight what a finish, unreal.. atmosphere for the last 30 mins or so was brilliant, place was hopping after the goal.. thought the goal wasn't gona come but was worth the wait.. on to Derry now next week another tough one

ger121
09/08/2014, 12:04 AM
Mental scenes at the cross tonight what a finish, unreal.. atmosphere for the last 30 mins or so was brilliant, place was hopping after the goal.. thought the goal wasn't gona come but was worth the wait.. on to Derry now next week another tough one

Enjoy it! I'd give anything to be battling for a title again. You can't beat the feeling week after week as the season unfolds.

oriel
09/08/2014, 8:35 AM

Definitely a fair result, no way we did enough to win the game, to be fair Drogs battled hard all evening and probably shaded it in the second half, glad to come away with a point. I didn't think it was a particularly good match and I'm sure Drogs would also be happy with the outcome.

Big win for Cork and that must have made up for last week, definitely getting closer and we were right to say last week that 6 points wasn't a huge lead.

Real ale Madrid
09/08/2014, 8:39 AM
http://youtu.be/h8nRQOQMqYw

oriel
09/08/2014, 9:15 AM
Fantastic goal. Great angle shot too!

Ezeikial
09/08/2014, 9:49 AM
Incredible to see those Shamrock Rovers fans travelling all the way to Cork - the touring pitch invaders strike again

adamd164
09/08/2014, 4:29 PM
That video has nearly 20k hits in one day, great advertising in itself.

placid casual
09/08/2014, 6:35 PM
Cracking goal from Healy.
Hopefully they can close the gap and take the title this year -it would be a great achievement for Caulfield in his 1st season and they would definitley deserve it in my opinion.
Cork have been the best team Rovers have played this season from what i've seen.

Ezeikial
09/08/2014, 7:42 PM
Cracking goal from Healy.
Hopefully they can close the gap and take the title this year -it would be a great achievement for Caulfield in his 1st season and they would definitley deserve it in my opinion.

The team that finishes on top after 33 games generally deserve it - but I doubt that this will be Cork.

I am baffled as to how you can say so emphatically that they deserve it at this point

Cork have been the best team Rovers have played this season from what i've seen.

Now I get it - Hoops are the centre of the universe syndrome

TonyD
09/08/2014, 8:09 PM
Disappointing result for Pats last night. That's us out of the title race then. All we've left to play for now is the c......... oh, nevermind.

jinxy lilywhite
09/08/2014, 9:52 PM
I don't know if you can say that it's now a two horse race. 10 points with 10 to go is not insurmountable. One thing is that it has stopped what momentum that pats were picking up. Rovers will have a bounce now with Pat the rat at the helm and will be difficult to beat.
Its far from over yet and there will be plenty of twists along the way/ just hope we can stay ahead of the chasing pack.
I think if we keep up our performances up like we have done in the previous weeks and stay injury free I would be more than confident of us having a successful season

placid casual
09/08/2014, 11:04 PM
Ezeikial, i severely doubt you would "get it" if it was wrapped up in a box and handed to you.

nigel-harps1954
10/08/2014, 12:24 AM
Quite entertaining game in Longford tonight. Both teams really going at it, although neither creating much in the way of chances. Wouldn't begrudge Longford the title either, best team in the division by a long way.

gufcfan
10/08/2014, 12:33 AM
That video has nearly 20k hits in one day, great advertising in itself.
40k now.

Ezeikial
10/08/2014, 9:59 AM
Ezeikial, i severely doubt you would "get it" if it was wrapped up in a box and handed to you.

If you are moved to replying, how about addressing the content of the post, instead of that caustic nonsense.......

Pablo Escobar
10/08/2014, 5:52 PM
40k now.
Now at 70k

Charlie Darwin
10/08/2014, 11:27 PM
Incredible to see those Shamrock Rovers fans travelling all the way to Cork - the touring pitch invaders strike again
Hooliganism is a full time job :cool:

Such a weird feeling in Tallaght, closing out a game without the dread of every opposition attack ending in some defensive howler. Rovers were poor in the first half and the crowd were taking some convincing, but the second half was controlled and Nutsy was able to give players clear instructions to change tactics as the game went on. Kelly, the shortest man on the pitch, won more headers than Sheppard, Kilduff and Zayed combined have all season. Lots to work on and we have no chance of challenging for the title, but it feels good to have an actual football manager in charge.