PDA

View Full Version : City Vs Drogs + Georgie

yan
08/11/2004, 9:50 AM
Lads,

tonites game is Georgies last home game of the season as we all know he is suspended for the bohs game, lets give him the appreciation he deserves for a long hard season,he played superb in europe for us and in recent months he has showed his true form in center midfield-bar last fri nite

i just hope he scores tonite bcoz id say he desperate for a goal!

All togther now:

We love you Georgie,
bcoz you wear.......

kevincronin2000
08/11/2004, 10:32 AM
It may help us tonight that Drogheda United need to win the game also in order to keep their inter toto cup hopes alove. With both teams needing the three points it could be a very open game with both sides possesing good attacking players

Cork City 3 Drogheda United 1
Gamble O'Brien
O'Calaghan
Doyle

Colm
08/11/2004, 11:10 AM
Lads,

tonites game is Georgies last home game of the season as we all know he is suspended for the bohs game, lets give him the appreciation he deserves for a long hard season,he played superb in europe for us and in recent months he has showed his true form in center midfield-bar last fri nite

All togther now:

We love you Georgie,
bcoz you wear.......

He'll be playing on Friday night in Drogheda so we can give him a good reception up there and show our apprieciation at that game.
He'll probably appriciate it more at that game anyway.

Real ale Madrid
08/11/2004, 11:11 AM
Lads,

All togther now:

We love you Georgie,
bcoz you wear.......

I mean what is it about Georgie that everybody loves – now don’t get me wrong I think he is a fine player – but the adulation he gets above everyone else is to my mind incredible – I also think he has under achieved for the talent he possesses. he gave the ball away an awful lot during the Shelbourne game and was very below par on Friday night. I think he will be lucky to start tonight.

jimhacker
08/11/2004, 12:20 PM
I mean what is it about Georgie that everybody loves – now don’t get me wrong I think he is a fine player – but the adulation he gets above everyone else is to my mind incredible – I also think he has under achieved for the talent he possesses. he gave the ball away an awful lot during the Shelbourne game and was very below par on Friday night. I think he will be lucky to start tonight.

It's called the "je ne sais quoi"

A face
08/11/2004, 12:33 PM
It's called the "je ne sais quoi"

:D

Maybe its a knee jerk reaction for all the unwarranted abuse that Georgie gets .... just balancing it out !!

Drogman.
08/11/2004, 12:44 PM
Should be an interesting game tonight alright. To be honest, I'd you's will hammer us as our defending in the last few games has been brutal and if the quality was better (like what happened against Bohs) then we would have been battered.

We might get a goal but I reckon you's will have too much in the centre of the park and cause us loads of hassle there. Pity its on a monday night as I wanted to go down but sure there's always errortel :rolleyes:

Gary
08/11/2004, 12:47 PM
Tonight will in all likelihood be a very nervous affair, as a loss will be a hammer blow to both teams aspirations.

If City win, 2nd will be all but claimed, and massive pressure will be put on Shels.

If Drogs win, it opens up 2nd place for both themselves and Bohs, with the title surrendered to Shels.

A draw for City would be okay, as it would almost knock Drogs away from contention for 2nd, but will end Citys title hopes also.

I reckon this game will end 2-1 to City.

harry crumb
08/11/2004, 1:28 PM
the bookies have us as an odds on shot. 4/6 ish.

They are right more often that are wrong.

I'd say a 2-0 win for Cork.

Neil
08/11/2004, 1:50 PM
4-0 to City
Doyle
Benno
Fenn (2)

WindmillWarrior
08/11/2004, 1:53 PM
Put simply, if Tony O'Dowd plays Cork will win. If not, we have a chance!

Neil
08/11/2004, 1:55 PM
Who's the other option? Or would ye go with last-man-back?

WindmillWarrior
08/11/2004, 2:03 PM
Well, Gary Rogers is a good stick keeper.

thecorner
08/11/2004, 2:07 PM
Well, Gary Rogers is a good stick keeper.

why would you wanna put a hurling keeper in goal :eek:

Pablo
08/11/2004, 2:09 PM
if we click tonight we'll hammer Drogs. we are threatening to give someone a good tonking for a while now and it could be tonight as theres no point drogs sitting back defending like most teams do down here.

our attacking speed wil destroy them

patsh
08/11/2004, 2:12 PM
In the two games we played against them so far, we haven't come near to scoring a goal. I fear this could be a one goal game, and if they score first.........:(

Pablo
08/11/2004, 2:18 PM
In the two games we played against them so far, we haven't come near to scoring a goal. I fear this could be a one goal game, and if they score first.........:(

they'll shut up shop if they score first. but if we do and they come out of their shell we'll spank them ;)

NorthoftheLee
08/11/2004, 2:46 PM

agree with pat here......tis not gonna do my ticker any good.... :eek:

thecorner
08/11/2004, 2:48 PM
well ill take the most boring game in the world at 1-0 to city

Ruairi
09/11/2004, 12:03 PM
well ill take the most boring game in the world at 1-0 to city

heh heh :)