PDA

View Full Version : Town seek first Tallaght win

Pages : [1] 2

outspoken
28/07/2014, 10:46 PM
We travel to tallaght on Friday looking for our first ever win up there and despite what happened last time up there this is a very different town team and I'm so so confident.

Bus running and it's unbelievable interest being shown in this trip with the team playing so well so contact me if you want to go.

Longfordian
28/07/2014, 11:05 PM
Should be a big Town following at this one. A rare Dublin away, handy for me anyway.

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 4:57 AM
How many bookings has Pat sullivan, I know it's close to suspension but can't be certain, if he isn't allowed play it will mean a shake up at the back again, with the injuries we have to our left backs and Chris Deans retiring, Havo could move inside which would be fine, but who will play left back or if we don't have a left back who will play centre half, then again maybe he isn't suspended yet.

Longfordian
29/07/2014, 7:41 AM
I think he's due to miss either this game or the next one, probably this one, for five yellows. If we don't add any left sided player by then we could maybe push Jamie across to the left. Rhys/Rice/Salmo could fill in at right back. Or Kevin O'Connor may be able to play left back. I'd rather it be this game than the next one to be honest.

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 8:48 AM
Mister X will surely know, maybe Rice could play centre half, I'm pretty sure when he was signing for De Town I read somewhere that he filled in there for Shams sometimes, I might be mistaken though

Bosco
29/07/2014, 9:25 AM
He played right back with Bohs anyway as far as I can remember , not sure about centre half. Either way if it's true about this injury of his then he shouldn't be expected to have to fill in for someone out of position. Tony should be trying his best to get his hands on a left back.

Acornvilla
29/07/2014, 9:27 AM
We missed the Roddy Jr. boat and all :P

Longfordian
29/07/2014, 9:35 AM
Mister X will surely know, maybe Rice could play centre half, I'm pretty sure when he was signing for De Town I read somewhere that he filled in there for Shams sometimes, I might be mistaken though
Think he can play there alright but if he's fit it's better to have him in midfield. TC was saying on the radio it was some sort of a back injury that they just had to keep an eye on and assess him week to week to see if he's right. They weren't going to rush him back.

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 10:59 AM
I wasn't suggesting Rice should have to fill in for anybody, but if he is to be risked surely he would have less strain on his back at centre half than centre mid a lot less running to be done

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 11:41 AM
Only just thought if we are stuck we could play Hynes at centre half big lad good in the air, keeps the ball well and can pass, problem solved

DOC1982
29/07/2014, 11:53 AM
Rhys will play centre half on Friday. O'Connor will play in the middle and between one of two out the wing if Rice isn't fit.

Hynes did have a nice touch for Sully's goal on Saturday night tho. Maybe he should have a free role.

Bosco
29/07/2014, 11:59 AM
Only just thought if we are stuck we could play Hynes at centre half big lad good in the air, keeps the ball well and can pass, problem solved

Eureka!!

outspoken
29/07/2014, 12:58 PM
It's a rib injury for ricer so last place he will want to play is CB. What's wrong with Glenn O'connor is he injured or suspended? Pat Sulli will miss this game according to those In the press box the other night If that's the case and Glenn isn't available I'd go

Mulhall, Havo, Flynn, KOC
Don, Salmo, Ricer/Rhys, Etanda
Sully and Shaw

IrishRossi
29/07/2014, 1:13 PM
glen is injured listening to tony on shannonside the other evening

DOC1982
29/07/2014, 3:11 PM
With the way the Rovers B team played in June, we could put out any eleven and we would beat them. They really have fallen off of late.

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 3:33 PM
Glen was definatley limping badly when he was going up into the stands on Saturday

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 3:36 PM
Rhys will play centre half on Friday. O'Connor will play in the middle and between one of two out the wing if Rice isn't fit.

Hynes did have a nice touch for Sully's goal on Saturday night tho. Maybe he should have a free role.

you seem very sure about Rhys, can't see that myself judging on his 2 showings at centre half in the play-offs last year,

IrishRossi
29/07/2014, 3:44 PM
Glen was definatley limping badly when he was going up into the stands on Saturday
Glen had to have scans on his knee

DOC1982
29/07/2014, 3:58 PM
I can't see our centre halves will have must to do on Friday compared to try and handle Jason Byrne

Mister X
29/07/2014, 4:04 PM
Mister X will surely know,

Glen is out for a minimum of four weeks anyway, as for rice hes going to have to pick which games to play in between now and end of season as he wont be 100% so id be very sirprized if he plays any part agaisnt rovers B

Not sure if Pat Sully is out for this week or next week will just have to wait till suspensions list is released

Apperantly TC was onto most the prem clubs looking for a left back so id say we will have signed someone by the weekend

Longfordian
29/07/2014, 5:15 PM
Sean Russell could have played left back ironically enough. Suppose TC wasn't to know he'd lose the two he had at the same time.

IrishRossi
29/07/2014, 5:57 PM
ross gaynor gone from sligo, maybe cousins will sign him

Mister X
29/07/2014, 9:13 PM
Mick lee is fully fit despite TC saying on shannonside he was still injured...

outspoken
29/07/2014, 9:26 PM
ross gaynor gone from sligo, maybe cousins will sign him

Signing for cork

nigel-harps1954
29/07/2014, 9:49 PM
Signing for cork

How sure are you of that? I've been told differently. Apparently dropping a division, for a while.

Longfordian
29/07/2014, 9:58 PM
How sure are you of that? I've been told differently. Apparently dropping a division, for a while.

Galway maybe? Shels? Harps?!

Darklordsbane
29/07/2014, 10:12 PM
whos Mick lee

nigel-harps1954
29/07/2014, 10:24 PM
Galway maybe? Shels? Harps?!

Possibly, but probably not. All I know, is there's pretty big offers from both Galway and Longford on the table.

Longfordian
29/07/2014, 10:51 PM
Possibly, but probably not. All I know, is there's pretty big offers from both Galway and Longford on the table.

Where's he from again? Drogheda/Dundalk direction isn't it? Town training in Leixlip may be handier for him if he wanted to move back closer to home I suppose. We do urgently need a left sided player so wouldn't be totally surprised if we were in for him.

De Town
29/07/2014, 11:06 PM
whos Mick lee

I still haven't figured out if you're being genuinely serious with the stuff you come out with on here or if you're constantly taking the ****.

Darklordsbane
30/07/2014, 5:21 AM
don't know who Mick lee is,

Mister X
30/07/2014, 2:56 PM
Heard from a good source we have signed Tom Morris a young left back from port vale

Longfordian
30/07/2014, 4:24 PM
Heard from a good source we have signed Tom Morris a young left back from port vale

Google suggests he's a 19 year old left back, released by Port Vale at the end of last season. English lad by the looks of things. Sounds plausible as a short term deal.

nigel-harps1954
30/07/2014, 4:38 PM
What happened with young Carrigy? Looked a very good player.

Martinho II
30/07/2014, 4:46 PM

hasnt signed for us as of yet. not sure whats goin on to be honest!

Longfordian
30/07/2014, 6:00 PM
Tom Morris has officially signed

http://ltfc.ie/index.php/ltfcs-new-signing-tom-morris-signs-from-port-vale/#more-6393

Town Legend
31/07/2014, 1:30 AM

Last I heard was he hadn't a clue himself what he wants to do. Hearing lots of different stories but I think if he wanted to play he'd of signed when the window opened.

Darklordsbane
31/07/2014, 10:01 AM
Trying to organise a bed for the night for tomorrows game so rang a few old work mates from Bray, word on the street there is Ger Pender is signed from Wayside Celtic to De Town he is a striker I'm told, well if he is half as good as the last striker from Wayside happy days

Longfordian
31/07/2014, 10:26 AM
20 year old striker formerly with Bray by the looks of things. Suppose if we got an injury to Shaw or Sully god forbid, we could need cover up front. Only young too so could be worth a shot.

Acornvilla
31/07/2014, 3:15 PM
I think we were all getting a tad concerned by the injurys and depth of squad, so hopefully the kids turn out to be useful additions.

Martinho II
31/07/2014, 4:08 PM
with a name like that is Ger Pender related to Derek Pender bohs and ex Bray defender?

Darklordsbane
31/07/2014, 7:15 PM
Don't know all I know is he is a local Bray lad

Longfordian
31/07/2014, 7:39 PM
Rumours from the Twitterverse have him playing for Town u19s against St Francis in a friendly the other night so this could well be true. It's a bit random to make up I suppose, even for darklordsbane ;-)

Mister X
31/07/2014, 9:09 PM
We signed Gerald Pender and
Daniel Henderson plus carrigy has been released

Longfordian
31/07/2014, 10:34 PM
Henderson? Assume he's one of the goalkeeping dynasty, any idea how old he is and where he's coming in from?

Mister X
31/07/2014, 11:59 PM
Henderson? Assume he's one of the goalkeeping dynasty, any idea how old he is and where he's coming in from?

Yeah hes a goalie.. No idea what age or where from, should have full info on both tomorrow

Town Legend
01/08/2014, 12:39 AM
We signed Gerald Pender and
Daniel Henderson plus carrigy has been released

I was just going to say if we were signing that Pender lad there wasn't much chance of signing Carrigy or keeping hold of him if we had him signed in the first place!

Longfordian
01/08/2014, 6:16 AM
Yeah hes a goalie.. No idea what age or where from, should have full info on both tomorrow
As per TheBoss on the main forum looks like he's coming in from CYM Terenure of the LSL.

Darklordsbane
01/08/2014, 10:11 PM
Delighted with the 3 points and the few chances we created were pretty good but I tought it was a really poor performance by any standard, passing apart from about 8 passes was crap, looked completley complacent, and I reckon if Ryan Doolin had have played we wouldn't have won,
I thought rover lost thier concentration for Salmons goal and was delighted they did because I thought they were well in the game at that stage, after that they seemed to accept it was all over bar the shouting
yes we held onto the ball at times really well but it was like we were scared when leading 1 nil against a team that haven't won or even scored for ages, we should be hammering the likes of them, goal difference could count before the end, we won't get away with that kind of performance against better team but then are there any better teams in this devision
It will be a very interesting last series what with new players signed all over the opposition ranks we can't take anything for granted
a win is kind of all that matters but it would be nice to see a bit more than flashes of good football

Longfordian
01/08/2014, 10:28 PM
First half was very poor and slow. Second half we did everything we had to do and could have had about four more but for wastefulness. Thought Hynes made a big difference when he came on actually. Dropped off the front and hit some lovely passes. We can play better and have played better but it's about winning from now on simple as that. We're the best team in the division and have shown that against Galway and Shels recently. No reason to feel we can't do it again.

By the way Jamie Mulhall..again. 18! The more I see of this kid the more I think he could play for Ireland (seniors) some day. If I was to be hyper critical he's not blisteringly fast but his positioning is top notch so he doesn't have to be.