PDA

View Full Version : Waterford and another 3 points

Darklordsbane
26/07/2014, 11:30 PM
Don't know about you guys but I thought that was a mixed bag especially the first half, great to see the lads take control after the 1st half hour (where I thought Waterford were a lot better than us) but we fought back from 1 nil down to get a good win in the end
roll on Friday

Longfordian
26/07/2014, 11:40 PM
I'd agree with you by and large. First 25 minutes or half an hour we were very sloppy. Passes going astray and no real rhythm to our game. Pat Sullivan was having a shocker. Turned it around though after that and the equaliser had been coming. Much better second half and we showed good patience not to panic but just keep waiting for the opportunities to come. Davy and Gary are forming a lethal partnership up front and I thought Jamie Mulhall was class again. Doherty was their best player, he's going back to Ipswich now it seems.

outspoken
26/07/2014, 11:43 PM
Very proud of the lads great character shown, a performance of champions if you will. Waterford surprised us all with the brave and great passing football they played in the first Half and they deserved their lead as we weren't at it with way too much long ball.

However we got it down in the 2nd half and were comfortable in the end with salmo and Rhys pulling the strings, salmo was immense second half.

Referee was a disgrace and should never be let Near a loi pitch again two clear penalties yet he gave 2 yellows for diving a case of leveling it up after his shocking decision against Don. Really changed three game IMO although it did make it extremely entertaining.

On a side not it was great to see Hynes Put in a great cameo display topped off with a fine assist for sully after the stick he underservedly took Tuesday night.

outspoken
26/07/2014, 11:46 PM
I'd agree with you by and large. First 25 minutes or half an hour we were very sloppy. Passes going astray and no real rhythm to our game. Pat Sullivan was having a shocker. Turned it around though after that and the equaliser had been coming. Much better second half and we showed good patience not to panic but just keep waiting for the opportunities to come. Davy and Gary are forming a lethal partnership up front and I thought Jamie Mulhall was class again. Doherty was their best player, he's going back to Ipswich now it seems.

Mulhall showed a performance years behind His experience tonight He was simply superb. Hes going to England no doubt just hope we hold onto him for rest of season as is his form

Longfordian
26/07/2014, 11:56 PM
Mulhall showed a performance years behind His experience tonight He was simply superb. Hes going to England no doubt just hope we hold onto him for rest of season as is his form

Such a talent, and such a mature player for an 18 year old. He never makes rash decisions, is almost always in the right position and is great on the ball. I really think he could go a long way in the game.

Acornvilla
27/07/2014, 1:19 AM
Positives coming out of every performance. Keep it up lads, that's all I can say.

In other news I'm actually down home next week for once because the exhibitions on in town. Course we'd have to be playing away that weekend!!

DOC1982
27/07/2014, 8:35 AM
3 more points. The ref was poor and inconsistent. 7 more wins