PDA

View Full Version : Who actually owns the club?

Citymark
07/01/2002, 10:36 AM
Can somebody tell me who actually 'owns' the club?

I know most of the board members have a share but, who is the majority shareholder (if any?).

Also, does anybody know what the is the name of the company which 'owns' the 'Cork City Football Club' logo and name?

SÓC
07/01/2002, 10:44 AM
I remember at the time of the brillent and wise deal with the Giants of Englis football, there was a legal difficulity becuase the entire club was only owned by two people.

I wonder did that change when there were changes on the board?

Does anyone know if City is a Partnership or a Private Limited Company?

Citymark
07/01/2002, 11:16 AM
well there is no legal company called Cork City FC Ltd (or variations of that) listed with Companies Office in Dublin.

I believe that the club is owned by a holding company called Ventura/Vendra or something like that?

Would be like to know who the comapny is and to see what the a/c's are like? See how much money the club is making from us fans (since they are making feck all on transfer fees!!!).

yan
08/01/2002, 11:09 PM
transfer fee's

wat are they?

god help murphy with the euro

Éanna
09/01/2002, 9:35 AM
as far as i know, the club is owned by a company called vendra holdings or something like that.
the echo said around the time of the leicester deal that it was owned by 3 of the board- lennox, ahern and one other- can't remember the last person.

pete
09/01/2002, 10:09 AM
No one owns the clubs but the board members are just minding it for the supporters.....

OK, back to reality.........I believe the new uefa rules that should be up 'n running in a couple of years will require proper financial accountability by all clubs so should be interesting to see what happens then......

dahamsta
09/01/2002, 10:38 AM
as far as i know, the club is owned by a company called vendra holdings or something like that

Vendra Investments.

the echo said around the time of the leicester deal that it was owned by 3 of the board- lennox, ahern and one other- can't remember the last person.

There are eight directors according to the latest information from the Companies Office (available on Irion (http://www.irion.ie/) (registration required)), and as far as I know, Noelle is the only non-executive director. That said, the information is incorrect, as Noel now refers to himself as Company Secretary, whereas the Companies Office lists Brian Lennox as Secretary. Interestingly, the company was restored in February of last year.

I believe the new uefa rules that should be up 'n running in a couple of years will require proper financial accountability by all clubs

I thought that was already the case?

adam

dalo
09/01/2002, 1:42 PM
no chance then of having a barcalona setup where by all he fans buy shares in the club and become owners!!!!!! imagine if it did happen it be more democratic and accountabable. also it would mean more fans involved in the running of the club and more people going to matches.

i dream on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joe
09/01/2002, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
There are eight directors according to the latest information from the Companies Office (available on Irion (http://www.irion.ie/) (registration required)), and as far as I know, Noelle is the only non-executive director.
adam [/B]

does the fact that Irion reports an issued share capital of 2 mean that there's no more than 2 'owners'?

anyone feel like splashing out on a 'detailed company profile'?

Citymark
10/01/2002, 8:53 AM
The last a/c's published by the company are for May 1999. The May 2000 a/c's are currently due and should have been filed by around March 2001ish. The company has been sent a letter by Companies Office in November 2001 informing the coming that they are late with the a/c's and that there is the possibility that the company was be struck off and fined.

Any member of the public can request to see the company a/c's and the company is obliged to show them. Obviously figures for May 1999 will have no relevence at this stage!

:mad:

pete
10/01/2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Citymark
Obviously figures for May 1999 will have no relevence at this stage!

Remember in 1999 they were packing in massive crowds at the cross & would certainly be interesting to see what kind of revenue they said they took in that year.... There were several almost full houses that year & even getting 4-5k against the league minnows that year.