PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the Sligo members?

sligoman
07/11/2004, 12:29 PM
Nobdy has posted anything here in a while? Am I the only one left? :D

Redzer
08/11/2004, 11:32 AM
I think it’s down to the end of season blues. (No disrespect to Birmingham!!!). Once again its been a pretty sh*tty season. The majority of fans expected promotion. 3 teams going straight up. At least we expected to be fighting to the finish. One of the highest paid teams in the First Div, and our season was over before we knew what hit us. A manager, who again was one of the top earners in the Div, told us he had assembled a title chasing squad. The calls for “F**k off O’Riardon” from the shed was probably the best thing to happen. As it woke up the M.C. The displays we were watching week after week, was not good enough for us the supporters. Alan Ball once said, “The manager picks the team but invariably it’s the punters who pick the manager”
Next season it’s another team building exercise. And if it goes well it will be 2006 before we are challenging for promotion. It’s a bleak prospect, but it’s reality.
Since we were relegated, managers have changed. Players have changed. The only common denominator is the M.C. If things don’t go well, I think there will be more chants from the supporters, and I don’t think it will be the manager this time!
To finish with another quote. Michael Knighton, Carlisle United Chairman. “ It’s been a roller-coaster ride, but I hope whoever takes this club over has as much success as I enjoyed in my first five years here. Obviously I wouldn’t wish the last three on anybody”

gustavo
08/11/2004, 3:51 PM
Whens the last time we werent a "club in transition" :confused:

joey B
08/11/2004, 5:48 PM
As a Harps fan I Don,t really like u that much but i hope youse get up next season as u would add something to the the league and at least you have supporters unlike UCD.

sligoman
08/11/2004, 5:50 PM
Thanks, I think I should take that as a complement :D

joey B
08/11/2004, 5:52 PM
It was meant as sort of a complement less of the the sheepshagging stuff though.See u in two years hopefully in the premier for both clubs.

sligoman
08/11/2004, 5:59 PM
It was meant as sort of a complement less of the the sheepshagging stuff though.See u in two years hopefully in the premier for both clubs.

Not sure if I can stop all the abuse about the sheep shagging :p but ya hopefully see ya in two years.Hopefully a cup game next season tough because I dont think I can go a season without a local derby game :D

joey B
08/11/2004, 7:21 PM
Don,t fret sure you still have Galway to play i don,t know why but after derry galway are the team i hate most maybe i havent forgiven them for two seasons ago.

Redzer
09/11/2004, 11:16 AM
Whens the last time we werent a "club in transition" :confused:
Dont agree with "transition", at best we have been stagnant and at worst we have been on the decline. Last three seasons, 6th position. This season 7th or 8th. When are we going to see progress? And what would be considered progress, 4th or 5th? For me only a team challanging for the top spot next season is acceptable. For that we have to put a run together from the start of the season. It will be a much weaker division also without the likes of Harps,UCD and Bray/Kildare.
I,d love to see Shams down, but I'd sooner to have to contend with DC over the season. They will not be a team to worry to much about.