PDA

View Full Version : Two home games this week lads

outspoken
21/07/2014, 2:49 PM
Two home games for us to enjoy this week as first Wexford youths visit for a rearranged league game on Tuesday night and then Saturday a disastrous Waterford United visit CCS. Very hopeful of 6 points from this which would leave at least 4 clear at the top. Expect Wexford to be the tougher test but as we showed 2 weeks ago they are nothing to he feared and as for the blues they are a total mess at the moment so expecting us to smash 8 past them.

Big few weeks ahead.

Acornvilla
21/07/2014, 3:34 PM
I'll take two, 1-0 wins.

Martinho II
21/07/2014, 4:18 PM
yet again cant make it due to work but the lads are doing well in my absence and am confident of a 1-0 win on tues and a 3-0 on sat! I should be resumin norm serv at beginning of Aug! eight clean sheets is phenomenal and Hunty has being superb since he took over from Benno!

Darklordsbane
21/07/2014, 4:24 PM
I'll take two, 1-0 wins.

So would I

Acornvilla
21/07/2014, 4:49 PM
yet again cant make it due to work but the lads are doing well in my absence and am confident of a 1-0 win on tues and a 3-0 on sat! I should be resumin norm serv at beginning of Aug! eight clean sheets is phenomenal and Hunty has being superb since he took over from Benno!
No, Marty, stay away!!

Longfordian
21/07/2014, 5:18 PM
Can't make Tuesday but will hopefully be there on Saturday. I keep thinking this run has to come to an end sometime but hopefully we can build up a bit of a lead before it does and it won't be as costly.

Longfordian
22/07/2014, 9:18 PM
Phew. Made it a bit more difficult than it should have been by all accounts but a win is the main thing and we're four clear.

outspoken
22/07/2014, 10:18 PM
Strange game, youths were the better side early on but then we scored and they just fell apart and shipped 3 out of no where. Then they got 2 out of no where but had a man sent off and after that it could have been 5 or 6 in the 2nd half but it wouldn't go in.

We looked a lot more dangerous 2nd half with Don and Mulhall on one wing so overall it's great to get a win with so many changes to the side, only down side was injury to Tiddler, hope he's ok

Longfordian
22/07/2014, 11:06 PM
Whoever was doing the extratime updates said that the civil defence people felt it wasn't too serious. Hopefully they're right. Paul Doolin was down to watch Jamie for the Ireland u19s apparently. Only a matter of time before he gets called up I'm sure.

Darklordsbane
22/07/2014, 11:28 PM
I thought we were awful even before during and after we scored, excellent 3 points and very good goals, played about 10 minutes of football first half and I would have had Hynes off at half time same (I can't belive I'm saying this) goes for Salmon worst game Ive seen Salmon play, but hey 1 poor game out of how many, I will forgive him that, nice to see Rhys get a few minutes again, we played about 20 minutes of football second half,
I don't know if they were just complacent or what, that was not a title winning display I don't think
I thought the ref was poor enough, the way I saw it Willy Tyrell plays the ball with his studs, ball is gone, the Wexford guy kicked Willy Tyrells studs, ref books Willy and gives a penalty, obviously the Wexford guy saw it differently as he clearly set out to then do Willy and gets a red card
Linesmen were good, as it usually turns out the team with 10 men seem to play the better football

Longfordian
23/07/2014, 7:15 AM
You're not going to get a "title winning display" in every game, especially the closer it gets to the end of the season. I think most people feel we've been playing very well lately and most importantly getting the wins. The few changes last night probably didn't help but we have to keep all of our players sharp and ready to come in if needed. Hopefully Rice is back soon too, he's important.

Darklordsbane
23/07/2014, 10:03 AM
I agree with most of that, but we played Ucd and Galway without Rice and from what I heard and read we were excellent, so maybe he isn't as important as some think,
I think he is our best distructive player by a street, but he doesn't just do the distruction stuff, he tries to do everything else which he is not so good at, having said that we will need him before the end

Bosco
23/07/2014, 11:41 AM
Nervy enough at the end but we looked very comfortable. There were a few people voicing their frustration last night at us passing it around a bit towards the end, not sure what their problem was, we were comfortably keeping possession while a goal up with ten minutes to go. Sure we should have got another one or two against ten men but we missed a lot of chances.

A lot of the players looked very tired towards the end but you can't blame them in that humidity after the long trip from Cobh on Saturday. Thought we should have taken advantage of their weakness down the left a bit more. Thought it was very tedious watching Jamie stroll up to the half way, pass it to Don, stand back and let Don get a cross in. Don't get me wrong his crosses should have been taken advantage of but the two of them literally did the same thing about ten times and should have switched it up a bit.

Great crowd out there for a Tuesday night and great to see the kids go free actually working for a change, I dont see any reason why the club shouldn't do this for the remaining two home games in this series, get a bit of interest going and hopefully they'll come back for the final series of games.

One last thing, whoever the small group were in the stand that cheered when the number went up for Hynes to come off are a disgrace, it was clear as day it was for him to come off rather than Don coming on. Fair enough, a lot of people aren't his biggest fans but throwing any kind of abuse at our players like that is not on.

Longfordian
23/07/2014, 12:10 PM
I agree with most of that, but we played Ucd and Galway without Rice and from what I heard and read we were excellent, so maybe he isn't as important as some think,
I think he is our best distructive player by a street, but he doesn't just do the distruction stuff, he tries to do everything else which he is not so good at, having said that we will need him before the end

Yeah I wasn't really suggesting that his being out was the reason we didn't play well (that's if we didn't play well, I can't comment on that as I wasn't there). Just saying that he's important and we'll need to get him back. His doing the destructive stuff allows Salmon to get forward more as well, neither he nor KOC are particularly good at the destructive side of things though they'll always work their socks off.

DOC1982
23/07/2014, 1:59 PM
9 more wins and we are up!!

outspoken
23/07/2014, 5:29 PM
I didn't think Hynes was that bad either he kept the ball well and even won a few tackles, his crossing was awful but no need to jeer him off the pitch, thought the stand was very on edge last night In a game that we never really looked like losing. We were in control and if we took our chances we would have won by a lot lot more. Hopefully a big crowd will come back to section O Saturday night and we can get a good atmosphere going because the buzz around the town is very good at the moment.

Mister X
23/07/2014, 8:24 PM
I didn't think Hynes was that bad eithert.

4 times in a row hynes got the ball and each time he had time and space to give a pass and he gave it to youths... ive no time for him atall, why not let someone who will give there all play instead! i cant think of anything hes done all season bar his simple pass into space for jamie in athlone....

Martinho II
23/07/2014, 9:26 PM
how long will Ricer be out does anyone know? also why was Jamie Mulhall and Don not playin from the start? happy with the result. ok we lost the clean sheets record but it was goin to end soon. Wont be at game saturday night but the rota has worked out at work I will be able to make the majority of games home and away so normal service will soon be reserved in Tallaght!

outspoken
23/07/2014, 9:37 PM
4 times in a row hynes got the ball and each time he had time and space to give a pass and he gave it to youths... ive no time for him atall, why not let someone who will give there all play instead! i cant think of anything hes done all season bar his simple pass into space for jamie in athlone....

He gave away about 2 passes in the first half he kept it very well, some people think players should just fly forward like a headless chicken every time they don't understand what a players at when he actually turns back and keeps possession and that's what Hynes did last night. I'm not his biggest fan either but how many times did Shannon just fly forward and run it out for a throw or goal kick? Why not turn back and keep it Hynes every now and again?

We all know the starting XI for Saturday won't be anything like last night with Don and Jamie back in there and Ricer too I would say so this big panic over Hynes is a bit much.

L.T.F.C.
24/07/2014, 1:18 AM
Restraint from outspoken? There is something I've never seen before.

Bosco
24/07/2014, 8:46 AM
He gave away about 2 passes in the first half he kept it very well, some people think players should just fly forward like a headless chicken every time they don't understand what a players at when he actually turns back and keeps possession and that's what Hynes did last night. I'm not his biggest fan either but how many times did Shannon just fly forward and run it out for a throw or goal kick? Why not turn back and keep it Hynes every now and again?

We all know the starting XI for Saturday won't be anything like last night with Don and Jamie back in there and Ricer too I would say so this big panic over Hynes is a bit much.

True enough about Shannon and you could say the same about Don, once he gets the ball he just has the head down, the only time he'll consider passing is when he is definitely stuck.

outspoken
24/07/2014, 8:53 AM
Restraint from outspoken? There is something I've never seen before.

I'm getting old 😂