06/11/2004, 1:44 AM
we have fine players but we need some tough b@stards

we need some saucy b@stards like shels

that means, dare i say it...hoggie must go, colin t must go..they r 2 nice

we need to get like shels

play football with a touch of class

Storysham
06/11/2004, 8:58 AM
How many times was kearney on the ground last night, all it took was a shoulder charge from a derry player and he was floored. He's just too small. The guy has obvious skill but need to put on about 5 stone and grow a little. It was ridiculous last night punting long balls up to the smallest player on the pitch.

eoinh
06/11/2004, 9:36 AM
Kearney has been one of our best players all season. Football isnt a game that suits just one build of player - the game is littered with great small guys eg Maradonna or Bebeto

A face
06/11/2004, 1:14 PM
we have fine players but we need some tough b@stards

we need some saucy b@stards like shels

that means, dare i say it...hoggie must go, colin t must go..they r 2 nice

we need to get like shels

play football with a touch of class

corner what is going on fella ..... you say we need to get tough .... but in the same post you say play with a touch of class.

By this you seem to be impling that Shels play with a touch of class !?!!
I hope this is not what you are trying to say. :eek:

To be honest .... i much prefer the way we play .... skillful football, i pay my money to watch this. Our time will come .... we have a great squad that will learn how to overcome the 'tactics' that Shels and a few more use .... and then we should see some great football where we tear teams apart. It is only a matter of time.

higgins
06/11/2004, 3:25 PM
The tactics that shels use!!!

I come on here anytime im feeling sad and always leave with a smile on my face :)

Shels when they are allowed are one of the best footballing teams in the country..
When games get tough and the opposition are wise to your 'classy football' style then it takes an extra bit of toughness sometimes and a hunger and will to win..

Just because Cork dont possess that hunger and determination doesnt make shels a dirty team???

Go take a look at your own teams will to win last night before you start slagging off shels AGAIN!

daveh
06/11/2004, 3:29 PM
You mean like shels will to win last friday?

thecorner
06/11/2004, 3:36 PM
what i meant a face is its time to start mixing it

we have the touch of class already,,but need to get tough

i know this mightnt be a very good example, but how many red cards have we had this season :eek:

A face
06/11/2004, 3:46 PM
what i meant a face is its time to start mixing it

we have the touch of class already,,but need to get tough

i know this mightnt be a very good example, but how many red cards have we had this season :eek:

Alright ... thats fair enough ... we'll let you off so :p

One thing about Shels is that they are always in the ear of the ref, constantly bĂ­tching and moaning. That must be a factor aswell.

thecorner
06/11/2004, 10:44 PM
hoggie must go, r u mad, maybe too many wkds last nite. there is not many better full backs than hoggie in the league. colin t is a good player. he will be handy to have on the bench cos cant see him getting in before gamble

they are fine players but what im saying is that they are all too nice

we have nobnody out there thats gonna kick the sh!t out of somebody and leave the opposition know that they have been in a game

A face
06/11/2004, 11:14 PM
they are fine players but what im saying is that they are all too nice

we have nobnody out there thats gonna kick the sh!t out of somebody and leave the opposition know that they have been in a game

I know what your saying ... Deccie Daly was the last player in the squad to leave visitors with memories :) !!

Danny Murphy would be up for it but just cos he's tough as nails but all the rest just try and play, not try and stop play (and i dont mean defensively)

I know what your saying corner but i still prefer it our way ... if the refs had a bit more bottle then we'd see some good ball being played. Till then Shels etc. will get away with murder. The just got beaten 4:1 and their performance in Longford was described as undesirable ... again. That is the way they play and the league is telling everyone that they tolerate it, or else they would stop it.

For all their effort and sucess, it is still kinda amature to play like that. Our current league champions, kickin' lumps out of everyone. :eek: :(

higgins
07/11/2004, 7:29 AM
Kicking lumps out of everyone?????

You were not even at the game!!! :rolleyes:
How on earth do you know what went on????

Corks favourite player, Owen Heary, who you describe as 'scum' was not even playing?

Get a grip and concentrate on beating Drogheda twice!

Oh and there wasnt too much moaning about the last minute peno from the ref in the Derry game was there?? I thought all these decisions went against you lot?