PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v Derry City

Fair_play_boy
06/11/2004, 12:39 AM
Sorry lads. The penalty was a travesty. Derry City deserved all three points. I was a few feet away from the incident. Your keeper (Forde?) clearly tapped the ball away with his fingers. No way did he foul the player coming in.
I reckon the ref was making up for earlier bad decisions.
Disgraceful. Ruined a fair result. I know I may be slaughtered for making these comments but the truth is the best.
Mind you, the keeper and Doyle had a bit of a dance going for a while in the ten minutes before the penalty decision. Three or four corners in a row, they were jostling each other fairly hard. I saw Doyle kicking back at Forde, after Forde had elbowed him into the skull. Not pretty.
Overall I thought Derry City played the better football, and ye were worth a better result. I hope the supporters were shown a good time around Cork after the match. ;)

jimhacker
08/11/2004, 9:22 AM
Yes-good to see a side with nothing much to play for putting it up to the leading sides - same applies to Longford.

City did the same a few years ago when they sucker punched Shels on the last day!

paudie
08/11/2004, 9:36 AM
Wan't at the game but a few people I was talking to agreed with the above comments.

Penalty very dodgy, good performance from Derry.

Looks like Kenny is building a decent team for next season. It would be good for Derry to be back challenging at the top of the table again.

amarach
11/11/2004, 2:46 PM
I agree with you all........Derry were great......and I'm 100% it wasn't a penalty...I was close to the incident and hand on my heart, I'm a Cork lady but Derry should have took the 3 points :)

max power
12/11/2004, 1:19 AM
Yes-good to see a side with nothing much to play for putting it up to the leading sides - same applies to Longford.

City did the same a few years ago when they sucker punched Shels on the last day!

leading sides, ffs what u on, we can finish 5th and if two out of 3 trophies doesn't make us a leading side what does ??? winning a bag of tayto in europe ???

btw bout 150 or more heading to game on sat night........lookin forward to my first trip to the brandywell

paudie
12/11/2004, 4:56 PM
leading sides, ffs what u on, we can finish 5th and if two out of 3 trophies doesn't make us a leading side what does ??? winning a bag of tayto in europe ???

I think by "leading sides" he meant the first two teams in the table who are challenging for the title and undecided places in Europe as opposed to Longford and Derry who aren't.

Note to self - Be MUCH more specific with my posts in case Max might read them, take them up the wrong way and get upset.

max power
12/11/2004, 5:08 PM
wanted to wait and see how long it took for that to be noticed :cool:

paudie
15/11/2004, 10:32 AM
I think by "leading sides" he meant the first two teams in the table who are challenging for the title and undecided places in Europe as opposed to Longford and Derry who aren't.

I know Longford are in Europe, which why I said "undecided " Euro places ie the Champions league and second UEFA Cup spot, which I believe have yet to be decided, as opposed to Longford's UEFA cup place, which has been decided.

Fair_play_boy
25/11/2004, 10:06 PM
Note to self - Be MUCH more specific with my posts in case Max might read them, take them up the wrong way and get upset. :D :D :D :D

makka_dcfc
02/12/2004, 11:56 PM
am i the only Derry City FC fan to post in this thread? :confused:

Fair_play_boy
03/12/2004, 9:14 AM
am i the only Derry City FC fan to post in this thread? :confused:Welcome to the first Derry City fan. Only joking!! Never mind Makka, we have kept the place warm for you. We have to hang out here when the Shels people haunt the Cork City gaff. :D

makka_dcfc
03/12/2004, 11:53 PM
No problem boys lol any and all cork fans welcome ;) Are the $hel$ supporters a pack of wangers like the players?

jimhacker
06/12/2004, 1:21 PM

Note to self - Be MUCH more specific with my posts in case Max might read them, take them up the wrong way and get upset.

Thanks for the dig-out there. That is exactly what I meant and i thought the post was quite specific-even for Max!

MariborKev
07/12/2004, 1:56 PM
Lads keep it on topic or risk me moving it :mad: