PDA

View Full Version : North Tipp & District League 2014/15

Pages : [1] 2

Murt316
10/07/2014, 3:24 PM
Well lads, said I'd get this up and running for the coming season.
Any transfers/new additions to clubs? Any potential new clubs for the coming year?

celticlads
12/07/2014, 9:47 PM
A few out and a few in with our A-Team wont know for sure until forms are signed, didn't hear of any new clubs.

CelticTillIDie
13/07/2014, 3:06 PM
Will Nenagh Town's change of management have a good or bad affect on the team? Time will tell of course but what do ye think?

Murt316
14/07/2014, 11:58 AM
Heard of 2 new clubs. Ballywilliam & Barnane Utd. Think the Premier could be competitive this year with Celtic, Town & Roscrea in the mix

CelticTillIDie
14/07/2014, 4:38 PM
Roscrea should be a good addition to the premier alright, they had great results last season in their first year so you would imagine that they'll improve this season. Will they improve enough to be competitive in the premier though, we can only wait and see but Roscrea will be a hard place to pick up 3 points that's for sure.

celticlads
03/08/2014, 5:29 PM
John Delaney Cup

Nenagh Celtic 1-2 St Michaels Marky Walsh got our goal

celticlads
29/10/2014, 9:13 AM
This season we have the tightest Premier Division in a long long time with 5 teams still in with a shout, yet nobody seems interested?

footballfanatic
29/10/2014, 5:54 PM
yes it is looking good, holycross will be up there next year and pushing too i tells ya ;) they are having a great season, tomas comerford is just back from trials in england so will be a good addition to them also.

celticlads
29/10/2014, 7:54 PM
yes it is looking good, holycross will be up there next year and pushing too i tells ya ;) they are having a great season, tomas comerford is just back from trials in england so will be a good addition to them also.

Ya there going well, it already looks like both them and streamstown will be playing premier football next season, should strenghten it up futher, never heard of tomas what position does he play and what age is he?

ybig
30/10/2014, 10:29 AM
1Nenagh afc 2 roscrea 3. Nenagh celtic 4 BT harps

footballfanatic
30/10/2014, 9:08 PM
sorry, you took me up wrong when i said trials in england, he was on trial i meant in manchester crowns court... ;)

celticlads
31/10/2014, 3:57 PM
sorry, you took me up wrong when i said trials in england, he was on trial i meant in manchester crowns court... ;)

I take it he got off so

ybig
31/10/2014, 4:49 PM
are both nenagh afc and celtic as strong as last year. Roscrea seem like they could push for the title.

celticlads
02/11/2014, 9:46 PM
are both nenagh afc and celtic as strong as last year. Roscrea seem like they could push for the title.

I think we are stronger than last year, Afc, roscrea are strong and bt harps and clough look stronger than last year as well, could go to the wire this season

ybig
03/11/2014, 10:49 AM
I think we are stronger than last year, Afc, roscrea are strong and bt harps and clough look stronger than last year as well, could go to the wire this season
shame a few of the sides didnt do themselves justice in the FAI Junior, though Nenagh Celtic could have a good run in it hopefully

celticlads
06/11/2014, 8:33 AM
shame a few of the sides didnt do themselves justice in the FAI Junior, though Nenagh Celtic could have a good run in it hopefully

Ya the north sides didnt show too well this year alright, we have a tough game vs Cashel but hopefully we can get over them and into the open rounds

Aido C
11/11/2014, 8:05 PM
Tough one to call in premier even at the midway stage. No harm to have a few teams in the mix for league, With the exception of div 1 and Div 3 where holyx and Gurtagarry remain unbeaten and strong favourites. As do celtic A in premier I better add :-)

celticlads
11/11/2014, 9:55 PM
Tough one to call in premier even at the midway stage. No harm to have a few teams in the mix for league, With the exception of div 1 and Div 3 where holyx and Gurtagarry remain unbeaten and strong favourites. As do celtic A in premier I better add :-)

Ya were unbeaten alright but lost of ground to make up on Town and Roscrea, i always preferred points on the board over games in hand but if we stay winning in Fai and Munster ill be happy

Aido C
11/11/2014, 10:46 PM
Hopefully not in the munster as we play ye sunday :-) can't beat points on the board alright but if I'm not mistaken ye have to play teams below ye with majority of games in hand?

celticlads
12/11/2014, 9:11 AM
Hopefully not in the munster as we play ye sunday :-) can't beat points on the board alright but if I'm not mistaken ye have to play teams below ye with majority of games in hand?

Ya looking forward to going to ye Sunday have been up their in a few years. Ye are ahead of us in the table now and with home advantage surely ye are favs for that game.

Aido C
12/11/2014, 9:28 AM
Hard to see us a favourites to be fair. Will give it a good rattle but have top scorer suspended. Hope the weather holds up.

celticlads
12/11/2014, 3:26 PM
Hard to see us a favourites to be fair. Will give it a good rattle but have top scorer suspended. Hope the weather holds up.

Jasus thats a big blow for ye, hows yer pitch looking at the minute?

Aido C
12/11/2014, 6:28 PM
Both Pitches in good condition. We prefer to see doyle suspended in a cup game rather than league game with remaining in premier the main goal this season

celticlads
14/11/2014, 3:43 PM
Both Pitches in good condition. We prefer to see doyle suspended in a cup game rather than league game with remaining in premier the main goal this season

One more win will nearly keep ye up, then ye can push on for a champs league spot.

ybig
16/11/2014, 4:38 PM
roscrea drew 0-0 so looks like it will be between both nenagh clubs. Celtic with a good 4-1 win in Munster Junior. Nenagh AFC with an impressive 6-0 win in Thurles

celticlads
16/11/2014, 8:59 PM
roscrea drew 0-0 so looks like it will be between both nenagh clubs. Celtic with a good 4-1 win in Munster Junior. Nenagh AFC with an impressive 6-0 win in Thurles

Ya its gonna be very tough for Roscrea to challenge now after that draw today, whichever side gets it, it looks like Nenagh will hold onto the premier league again

ybig
28/11/2014, 11:01 AM
huge game the weekend. AFc v Celtic. A draw would see Celtic in a good position to pick up the title it would be in there hands. If Celtic win title would surely be theirs. While if Nenagh Afc win it leaves them in pole position

CelticTillIDie
28/11/2014, 11:39 AM
Massive game.......League could end up going to a play-off at the end of the season.

ybig
28/11/2014, 12:09 PM
think there will be goals in this game. 2-1 either way or possibly a 2-2 draw. Bit of luck could swing it either way

ybig
30/11/2014, 6:28 PM
2-0 to Nenagh Afc. Title is in their hands now.

celticlads
30/11/2014, 11:41 PM
2-0 to Nenagh Afc. Title is in their hands now.

Ya big win for them and your right its in there hands now, all we can do is just make sure we are there if they slip up.

ybig
01/12/2014, 8:45 AM
Yeah def not over yet of course. What happens if the teams are on the same points goal difference or head to head come into play? Streamstown and Celtic will hopefully progress in FAI Junior. Celtic with teh better chance imo

celticlads
01/12/2014, 9:37 AM
Yeah def not over yet of course. What happens if the teams are on the same points goal difference or head to head come into play? Streamstown and Celtic will hopefully progress in FAI Junior. Celtic with teh better chance imo

Playoff if level, ya hopefully both sides can do well.

Tractor Boy
07/12/2014, 8:32 PM
Good win for Nenagh AFC against celtic, tough game which could have gone either way. Celtic had the fair share of possession in the first half while town had it in the second half. League is far from over, a lot of tough games to come in the league for both teams. Cloughjordan could have something to say if they continue winning. Have they both town and celtic to play?

ybig
07/12/2014, 8:38 PM
Nenagh celtic with a good win in FAI Junior 2-1 over Bridge United. Nenagh Afc with impressive 5-0 win over BT Harps.Cloughjordan icked up an impresive win also 6-3 over Roscrea who seem to have fallen apart, they could still be v dangerous in one of the cups. A good draw for Celtic and they could be in the last 16 of FAI, which would be a first ?

celticlads
07/12/2014, 9:33 PM
Ya Clough have Town at home and us away hard to see town dropping points though, delighted with our performance and win today badly needed

Aido C
09/12/2014, 8:30 PM
Major rumblings in Nenagh.. Big news expected in next day or two I'm hearing....

celticlads
09/12/2014, 10:33 PM
Major rumblings in Nenagh.. Big news expected in next day or two I'm hearing....

I heard that, i for 1 will be sad to see them go

Aido C
09/12/2014, 11:07 PM
Some shake up of all leagues ahead of us if true...

celticlads
10/12/2014, 8:35 AM
Word around Nenagh is it a done deal, football wise its a good move but travel wise could be a problem.

Aido C
10/12/2014, 10:44 AM
Word around Nenagh is it a done deal, football wise its a good move but travel wise could be a problem.

I assume it will be entire club that goes??

the wombat
10/12/2014, 12:59 PM
What is the news lads?? Have town moved to limerick league???

Aido C
10/12/2014, 1:06 PM
Thats the talk anyways.. confirmation of some kind expected later tonight

ybig
10/12/2014, 3:52 PM
would be ideal if just their a team left and if they had 2/3 junior still playing in nd&dl but we will have to see what happens. It will be a huge blow to north tipp football but good for nenagh afc who will get to play their trade against the likes of pike,janesboro and the likes

thomas72
10/12/2014, 5:22 PM
Ya they will after about 6yrs provided they win promotion every season you hardly think they'll be put straight into premier or 1A 1B do you.
They will probably be put into 3B the 2nd last division if there lucky but by right they should start at the bottom in 4A.
Question do you think there players are going to hang around and play that level of football?
And do you think players will be willing to travel long distance midweek and every second week when it be easier to sign with somebody else in tipp.

ybig
10/12/2014, 5:44 PM
Ya they will after about 6yrs provided they win promotion every season you hardly think they'll be put straight into premier or 1A 1B do you.
They will probably be put into 3B the 2nd last division if there lucky but by right they should start at the bottom in 4A.
Question do you think there players are going to hang around and play that level of football?
And do you think players will be willing to travel long distance midweek and every second week when it be easier to sign with somebody else in tipp.

I think they will be in at least 1b at the lowest tbh. Probably better off in starting off in Division 1a where I would expect them to gain promotion. they are entering three teams so every team is hardly going to start off at the bottom of the barrel.

last man back
10/12/2014, 5:59 PM
I'm not associated with either league but i cant see how the limerick league are going to pull this off. It could backfire for neagh if they have to start in lower divisions

CelticTillIDie
10/12/2014, 6:21 PM
Apparently some Nenagh Afc lads have said that there 1st team are going into 1A, haven't heard anything about their 2nd and 3rd teams yet. Their schoolboy set-up is supposedly remaining in North Tipp.

faceoff
15/01/2015, 5:06 PM
Apparently some Nenagh Afc lads have said that there 1st team are going into 1A, haven't heard anything about their 2nd and 3rd teams yet. Their schoolboy set-up is supposedly remaining in North Tipp.

They will not be in 1A.I can see them not entering LDL at all now.Club delegates i Limerick will not allow them enter a higher league and that is what's been said by LDMC.Star Rovers pulled out for one season when in 1A and when they returned they were put in 3B.So how do Nenagh think they are an exception??

CelticTillIDie
15/01/2015, 8:10 PM
They will not be in 1A.I can see them not entering LDL at all now.Club delegates i Limerick will not allow them enter a higher league and that is what's been said by LDMC.Star Rovers pulled out for one season when in 1A and when they returned they were put in 3B.So how do Nenagh think they are an exception??
I agree with you it would be very unfair to all the Limerick teams already in the leagues but that was just the talk going around when the news first broke, has been very quite lately though maybe something has changed?