Gavin Kavanagh (Cork City)
Stephen Kenny (Cobh Ramblers)

Wexford Youths
Manager: Shane Keegan
Ins

Outs

White Horse
07/07/2014, 4:20 PM
Dundalk In: Donal McDermott (fee agent ex-Bournemouth).

cobhlad
07/07/2014, 10:27 PM
Cobh Ramblers: In; Ron Stanton (College Corinthians), Garry Comerford (Killumney), Stephen Kenny (Waterford)

paykanti
07/07/2014, 11:38 PM
That McDermott was a monster on a few Football Managers so I'm excited. Not sure why they needed to do the bad photoshop to put his head on a random player's shirt for the picture though:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/mcdermott-delighted-with-deal/

nigel-harps1954
08/07/2014, 11:03 AM
Pretty sure he just doesn't have a neck.

Longfordian
08/07/2014, 12:11 PM
So ye've signed a neckless monster then? Should fit right in.

Dodge
08/07/2014, 12:17 PM
Just on Athlone, Tom Mulroney's last club was Pats u19s (same as Ste Dunne)

Roo69
08/07/2014, 12:51 PM

Bray In:

Ryan Coombes, Phily Hughes

Bray Out: Danny O'Connor (Retired), Shane Byrne (Released)

poster
08/07/2014, 1:29 PM
Bray In:

Ryan Coombes, Phily Hughes

Bray Out: Danny O'Connor (Retired), Shane Byrne (Released)

Has this been announced?

paykanti
08/07/2014, 1:41 PM
I do wonder how you guys find out about some of these deals. Absolutely no trace of a lot of these deals on the internet, #WelcomHomePhilly isn't even trending on twitter.

Martinho II
08/07/2014, 4:43 PM
Has this been announced?

yep It was in the written press about it poster!

avvenalaf
08/07/2014, 5:51 PM
yep It was in the written press about it poster!

Yep - he filled a full page.

outspoken
08/07/2014, 6:09 PM
Say what you want about Hughes he's always managed to score goals and should do a great job at Wanderers. Coombes on the other hand just can't seem to take off in what looked a promising career.

paykanti
08/07/2014, 6:42 PM
Roddy Collins Jr is turning out for Athlone today. Permanent or just trial?

paykanti
08/07/2014, 6:44 PM
Ooo, and Kynan Rocks of Waterford.

Guinney
08/07/2014, 9:56 PM
That McDermott was a monster on a few Football Managers so I'm excited. Not sure why they needed to do the bad photoshop to put his head on a random player's shirt for the picture though:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/mcdermott-delighted-with-deal/

Did they photograph the tattoos too?

Sam_Heggy
08/07/2014, 10:23 PM
Finn Harps In:

Brian McCroary - Drumkeen United

Out:

James Doherty - Swilly Rovers
Jonny Bonner - Letterkenny Rovers

Charlie Darwin
09/07/2014, 12:11 AM
Thought he looked more than decent for the Ireland U19s against Turkey, but then he was taken off at half time and didn't play in the next match. I assumed he was injured but apparently not. Then again, Doolin.

Roo69
09/07/2014, 8:38 AM
Has this been announced?

Hasn't been on our site from what i know but it was in the Herald last week and he was did the warm up last Friday along with the other new signings but obviously didn't make the match 17.

Roo69
09/07/2014, 8:40 AM
Coombes on the other hand just can't seem to take off in what looked a promising career.

Agreed. He started off with our U19s a few years back and looked a real prospect but before making the break through moved to Pats and he hasn't progressed the way he should have. Seems to join someone new every years then manage to find his way back to Bray.

Dodge
09/07/2014, 9:20 AM
Agreed. He started off with our U19s a few years back and looked a real prospect but before making the break through moved to Pats and he hasn't progressed the way he should have. Seems to join someone new every years then manage to find his way back to Bray.

He did make a breakthrough, of sorts, at Pats and impressed in league games towards the end of the 2012 season but, to put it bluntly, his head's not right.

Sam_Heggy
09/07/2014, 4:49 PM
Finn Harps out:

Mark Forker - released (most likely to sign for Institute)

nigel-harps1954
09/07/2014, 6:53 PM
Cobh in:

Kynan Rocks (Waterford)

paykanti
11/07/2014, 6:49 PM
http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Michael-McSweeney-Signs-Web.png

Mr A
11/07/2014, 7:55 PM
I like the message Cork are sending with that shirt. No messing about there.

paykanti
17/07/2014, 2:26 PM
have about three transfer threads on the go, can we get some merging done?

Anyways, Bray signed UCD geezer Michael Barker.

desaintsno.12
17/07/2014, 2:38 PM
I like the message Cork are sending with that shirt. No messing about there.

been saying it all year..............a team of hatchet men

disgruntled
18/07/2014, 8:28 AM

You sound worried & so you should be.lol

desaintsno.12
18/07/2014, 10:48 AM
You sound worried & so you should be.lol

really ??? you got a worried tone from that ? strange.

Cork will not win the League, no chance. Neither will we.

CityRebel
18/07/2014, 10:51 AM

You've been spouting rubbish all year. Pats are every bit as physical as us, although none of our players have been sent off for raising their hands and pushing another player (the same player who got away with an off the ball incident against us).

Nesta99
18/07/2014, 11:06 AM
You've been spouting rubbish all year. Pats are every bit as physical as us, although none of our players have been sent off for raising their hands and pushing another player (the same player who got away with an off the ball incident against us).

...and there it goes pop, I warned ye El-Pietro albeit in another thread :p

disgruntled
21/07/2014, 8:29 AM
really ??? you got a worried tone from that ? strange.

Cork will not win the League, no chance. Neither will we.

The sign of a worried man when he starts to blame other teams for his own sides inadequacies :wink:
Before the season started most Cork fans would have been happy with a top four finish.
Nothings changed & anything else is just a bonus.
Good luck in Europe & hope you make it through to the next round.
Would like to see Dundalk through as well although maybe its a bridge too far for them against Split.

PartySaint
21/07/2014, 12:25 PM
The sign of a worried man when he starts to blame other teams for his own sides inadequacies :wink:
Before the season started most Cork fans would have been happy with a top four finish.
Would like to see Dundalk through as well although maybe its a bridge too far for them against Split.

Where exactly did he blame another team for Pats being poor this season?

Dodge
21/07/2014, 12:43 PM
Where exactly did he blame another team for Pats being poor this season?

I blame other teams for Pats being poor. Specifically those who beat us and to a lesser extent those who draw with us

Nah Nah Nah Nah
21/07/2014, 2:53 PM

Ah get out of it now. Joint top of the league and you're saying you'd be happy with fourth? Things have definitely changed.

Ezeikial
21/07/2014, 4:53 PM
Ah get out of it now. Joint top of the league and you're saying you'd be happy with fourth? Things have definitely changed.

Pay no heed to the paranoid ramblings of a tormented football fan who wants to lower expectations.

Wait for CityRebel to give you the balanced and considered view from down south

CityRebel
21/07/2014, 6:28 PM
Pay no heed to the paranoid ramblings of a tormented football fan who wants to lower expectations.

Wait for CityRebel to give you the balanced and considered view from down south
We're taking it one game at a time Ezy. Qualifying for Europe was the minimum aim from the start of the season, and still is as disgruntled said. There's a lot of football to be played yet.

Pablo Escobar
21/07/2014, 7:05 PM
The whole league agrees that we're sh1t so why would we be overly expectant? I've gone on record declaring that we're not good enough even now. However, from where we are right now, I'm not sure if be happy with less than 2nd, but I really don't think we'll win it. It's Dundalks to lose.

CityRebel
21/07/2014, 7:25 PM
The whole league agrees that we're sh1t so why would we be overly expectant? I've gone on record declaring that we're not good enough even now. However, from where we are right now, I'm not sure if be happy with less than 2nd, but I really don't think we'll win it. It's Dundalks to lose.
"The whole league", i.e. a bunch of Pats fans on foot.ie.

shep
21/07/2014, 7:34 PM
Cork are not good enough,they were terrible in Oriel earlier in the season.Pats and Sligo have under performed and Rovers look like they want rid of Crolly....I wouldn't write Pats off if we were to lose in Turners cross but I really can't see Cork winnings it.That's not meant to be disrespectful to Cork as they are having a brilliant season considering the young squad they have,but I just think the only way they will win it if Dundalk go into meltdown...which I can't see.

Pablo Escobar
21/07/2014, 8:00 PM
"The whole league", i.e. a bunch of Pats fans on foot.ie.
Yes, the whole league. Every last one of them (and us).

PartySaint
21/07/2014, 8:12 PM
Well you guys mustn't find your team very entertaining, on foot.ie while they play in a cup quarter final ;)

CityRebel
21/07/2014, 8:26 PM
I really can't fathom why images of spaceships and direct buses routes are dominating my imagination right now!
Yeah good man, Dundalk is 45 mins away from Dublin. Get a direct bus from Cork to Dublin after work and you'll miss half the match at least.

Charlie Darwin
21/07/2014, 10:50 PM
Cork are not good enough,they were terrible in Oriel earlier in the season.Pats and Sligo have under performed and Rovers look like they want rid of Crolly....I wouldn't write Pats off if we were to lose in Turners cross but I really can't see Cork winnings it.That's not meant to be disrespectful to Cork as they are having a brilliant season considering the young squad they have,but I just think the only way they will win it if Dundalk go into meltdown...which I can't see.
Are you basing your assessment of Cork solely off their game in Oriel? I've seen them a few times this year and they are easily the second best team in the league, and while Dundalk are better in my opinion the more talented team doesn't always win the league. Rovers and Pats are a good step below both Cork and Dundalk.

shep
22/07/2014, 9:09 AM
Are you basing your assessment of Cork solely off their game in Oriel? I've seen them a few times this year and they are easily the second best team in the league, and while Dundalk are better in my opinion the more talented team doesn't always win the league. Rovers and Pats are a good step below both Cork and Dundalk.
I suppose I am probably a bit influenced by the 4-0,however I just can't see them sustaining the run they are on.And I think the keeper Mc Nulty is useless.

CityRebel
22/07/2014, 9:54 AM
Basing opinions off games against your own team, most City fans would probably say Sligo were the best team we've played against.

shep
22/07/2014, 10:12 AM
Basing opinions off games against your own team, most City fans would probably say Sligo were the best team we've played against.
You obviously weren't in Oriel

CityRebel
22/07/2014, 10:15 AM
Basing opinions off games against your own team, most City fans including those who watched us lose in Oriel would probably say Sligo were the best team we've played against.

PartySaint
22/07/2014, 11:01 AM

You're forgetting that City Rebel doesn't actually have to see a game to stop him from giving a full detailed report on what happened in that game.

El-Pietro
22/07/2014, 11:35 AM
I suppose I am probably a bit influenced by the 4-0,however I just can't see them sustaining the run they are on.And I think the keeper Mc Nulty is useless.
McNulty is in the form of his life. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. I wouldn't want anyone else in goal for us right now. He's only one yellow away from a suspension and we are screwed when that happens.