PDA

View Full Version : LOI week 18 fixtures. 4th/6th July.

Dunny
04/07/2014, 2:28 PM
Premier- Friday

Bray v Drogheda
Limerick v Bohemians

First Div - Friday

Waterford v Galway
Wexford v Cobh Ramms

Premier - Saturday

Shamrock Rvrs v St.Pats.Ath 7pm

First Div - Saturday

Longford v Shelbourne

Premier - Sunday

Sligo Rovers v Cork City 7pm

Athlone T. v Derry 4pm

First Div - Sunday

Shamrock Rvrs B v Finn Harps 2pm

PartySaint
04/07/2014, 2:37 PM
We really need a win tomorrow but I can't see us getting it. Draw at best.

Dunny
04/07/2014, 6:54 PM
Goals flying in already.

Drogs 1 up in Bray,Galway lead in Waterford and....AHEM...LIMS lead Bohs in Thomond ;)

MeathDrog
04/07/2014, 7:31 PM
Bray 1-2 Drogs

Dunny
04/07/2014, 8:09 PM
Lims/Bohs now level @ 1-1
Bray 1-2 Drogs.Bray player sent off.
Wexford/Cobh 1-1
Waterford 0-1 Galway

nigel-harps1954
04/07/2014, 8:40 PM
FT scores:

Bray 1-3 Drogheda
Limerick 1-2 Bohs
Waterford 1-1 Galway

Latest:

Wexford 2-1 Cobh

Dunny
04/07/2014, 8:58 PM
Tonights LOI results.

Limerick 1-2 Bohs
Bray 1-3 Drogs

Wex Youths 2-1 Cobh Rams
Waterford 1-1 Galway

Acornvilla
04/07/2014, 9:56 PM
Limerick were absolutely cat in the 2nd half.

Nesta99
05/07/2014, 3:05 AM
Good man Darius - who needs Pete Mahon! Great 3 points in making the chase seem that bit too far for Athlone.

Acer
05/07/2014, 10:35 AM
Massive result for us! The performance level was even more pleasing. We were just a million miles better than we have been for the last few months. Onwards and upwards.

White Horse
05/07/2014, 10:49 AM
Massive result for us! The performance level was even more pleasing. We were just a million miles better than we have been for the last few months. Onwards and upwards.

I never doubted Darius. I fully expect Drogheda to now pull away from the bottom.

I hope Darius has a role with whatever management team Drogheda put in place. To be honest, I would have loved for him to have stayed at Oriel Park . He deserves a decent role in an LOI club.

Acornvilla
05/07/2014, 6:01 PM
I took a bunch of photos at the Limerick - Bohs match last night.. Feel free to have a look if you get a chance :)

Link (http://bit.ly/VNZszR)

Eminence Grise
05/07/2014, 6:44 PM
Fantastic photos, AV. Really enjoyed scrolling through them.

Acornvilla
05/07/2014, 8:19 PM
Fantastic photos, AV. Really enjoyed scrolling through them.

In other news, 3-0 Town! Red for both teams, Adam O' Connor is in hospital after a bad knock. 2 goals from sully and one from Shaw. I see Tony has learnt from passed mistakes and realized that winning matches in the 3rd series is the new way forward!

Longfordian
05/07/2014, 9:01 PM
We absolutely battered them it could easily have been 6 or 7. Red card for O'Connor was maybe harsh as he got the ball but he jumped in hard. McDonagh sent off for swinging at some of our lads I think. Davy O'Sullivan now our joint highest all time goalscorer, well since we started playing LOI and there were proper records kept anyway. Level with Richie Parsons.

oriel
05/07/2014, 11:46 PM
Delighted for Darius, one of the good guys of LOI and I hope he gets his chance to coach/manage soon.

Town Legend
05/07/2014, 11:55 PM
Walk in the park tonight. I think Shel's only had one shot on goal and that was a weak effort. Should of scored 6 or 7 but I'm happy with 3!! O'Connor very unlucky, won the ball with a strong challenge, the reaction of the Shel's bench and players got him sent off. Then head case McDonagh comes in swinging fists and deservedly got the line. The Shel's player who got O'Connor sent off should of seen red later for a similar challenge on Mulhall if the ref was consistent. 3 very well taken goals again tonight, things starting to take shape at the right time. Bad injury suffered by one of the Shel's players when he collided heavily with a team mate. Hopefully it's not too serious and he'll be back playing soon.

Longfordian
06/07/2014, 12:07 AM
Apparently he was knocked out and has nose/eye socket injuries but he's not too badly hurt apart from that. Was brought to Mullingar hospital to be checked out. Always worrying when you see both physios, the doctor and the civil defence people all crowded around the player.

avvenalaf
06/07/2014, 1:06 AM
And the teams leaving the pitch was a real concern. Two Longford wingers looked good and Sullivan is a livewire so it looks good for Longford this season.

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2014, 1:39 PM
Harps currently 1-0 up in Tallaght. A seventh red card of the season for Harps too. Michael Funston sent off during a fight that broke out on the field involving both sides. Ryan Doolin also sent off for Rovers during it.

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2014, 2:29 PM
Harps currently 1-0 up in Tallaght. A seventh red card of the season for Harps too. Michael Funston sent off during a fight that broke out on the field involving both sides. Ryan Doolin also sent off for Rovers during it.

Make that an 8th red card of the season for Harps...

Longfordian
06/07/2014, 2:32 PM
Fines must be a large part of your budget these days.

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2014, 2:37 PM
Fines must be a large part of your budget these days.

Well...today alone, two red cards, two yellow cards and manager sent off too. It'll be a fun day in the Harps office.

WoodquayBoy
06/07/2014, 3:45 PM
Having seen Horgan in action twice in Eamonn Deacy Park this season, it's no surprise Harps' disciplinary record is so bad. The man behaves like a basket case and is a heart attack waiting to happen. If he can't control his temper, it's no surprise his players see red so often. No idea how such a hothead is in charge of the country's schoolboys side

DRDoc
06/07/2014, 3:52 PM
Well...today alone, two red cards, two yellow cards and manager sent off too. It'll be a fun day in the Harps office.

More than two yellows surely?

Dunny
06/07/2014, 6:01 PM
LOL :D

Paul O'Hehir @paulohehir (https://twitter.com/paulohehir) · 23h (https://twitter.com/paulohehir/status/485502916284145664)

Stephen McPhail sent off for headbutt on Killian Brennan. And not a "movement towards the head job". A proper loaf. @ShamrockRovers (https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers) 2-1 up

dong
06/07/2014, 9:49 PM
Good to get the seasoned pros in to show the young lads the way.
How this hasn't happened years ago is a mystery.

dfx-
07/07/2014, 2:58 AM
If you're going to get a red card for striking Killian Brennan, you might as well do it properly. He tried to goad Kenna too when he dived to get a freekick which he hit straight at Murphy.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
07/07/2014, 8:12 AM
Decent game last night in The Showgrounds. We dominated for the first 35-40 minutes of both halves but Cork had some great chances right at the end of both halves including hitting the bar right at the death. Was very disappointed with Cork (thought we'd be beaten pre-game) as all they did for the majority of the game was lump the ball forward. Was expecting better from a team challenging for the title.

brendy_éire
07/07/2014, 11:38 AM
Rather impressed with Athlone yesterday now. Looked well organised, plenty of heart and we unlucky not to get something from the game. Great strike from P McEleney for the goal though, worth a watch on SR tonight.

oriel
07/07/2014, 11:54 AM
LOL :D

Paul O'Hehir @paulohehir (https://twitter.com/paulohehir) · 23h (https://twitter.com/paulohehir/status/485502916284145664)

Stephen McPhail sent off for headbutt on Killian Brennan. And not a "movement towards the head job". A proper loaf. @ShamrockRovers (https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers) 2-1 up

So thats min 3 games suspension for McPhail, what did Fahey do for his?

You would have expected much better discipline from both returning from England.

desaintsno.12
07/07/2014, 11:59 AM
So thats min 3 games suspension for McPhail, what did Fahey do for his?

You would have expected much better discipline from both returning from England.

personally, i wouldnt mind seeing him get three games as well.

Sam_Heggy
07/07/2014, 3:19 PM
Decent game last night in The Showgrounds. We dominated for the first 35-40 minutes of both halves but Cork had some great chances right at the end of both halves including hitting the bar right at the death. Was very disappointed with Cork (thought we'd be beaten pre-game) as all they did for the majority of the game was lump the ball forward. Was expecting better from a team challenging for the title.

How did Ruari Keating do for ye? Is he staying on now or coming back to Harps on loan?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
07/07/2014, 6:31 PM
How did Ruari Keating do for ye? Is he staying on now or coming back to Harps on loan?

Just got the last 5 minutes but even in that time he impressed. The fact that he got on ahead of Maguire I would think means he's staying. Maguire loan is up at the end of the month (and Keating nearly did more in those 5 minutes then Maguire has all season)

dong
08/07/2014, 2:05 AM
What's the real deal with Maguire?
Is he that bad? How is he so highly rated at West Ham?
Is it just a poor attitude or what? The fact that Baraclough brought him in and never played him is bizarre and there seems to be the same thing going on with Coleman now.

poster
08/07/2014, 9:06 AM
What's the real deal with Maguire?
Is it just a poor attitude or what? The fact that Baraclough brought him in and never played him is bizarre and there seems to be the same thing going on with Coleman now.

He's just not up to much. Very easily pushed off the ball and hasn't got the physical presence to play as a lone striker in our system.

Can see him coming back over here next year, probably back to Waterford.

Sheridan
08/07/2014, 9:51 AM

If he were highly-rated at West Ham, he wouldn't have been sent on loan to the LoI. Premier League clubs only send players here when they want to free up a peg in the dressing room before their contracts expire.

Charlie Darwin
09/07/2014, 1:10 AM
If he were highly-rated at West Ham, he wouldn't have been sent on loan to the LoI. Premier League clubs only send players here when they want to free up a peg in the dressing room before their contracts expire.
Would agree in general but sending an Irish player to Ireland instead of League Two or below, which is where they usually send 18-19 year olds, is hardly much of a difference. Reading sent Michael Hector to Dundalk a few years back and now he's in the first team.

Just back from the Rovers-Pats match (har har) and still slightly stunned we won. After a shocking first half performance, I thought we outplayed them and deserved to win. McPhail's sending off was senseless - if he was going to walk, he should have properly nutted him - and Fahey's was a bit harsh but hard to argue with either. Foran should have walked anyway so Pats were hardly disadvantaged.

Thought Rovers were superb for the 20 minutes either side of half time and didn't let up after going down to ten. Have to say it was an awfully sporting gesture of Liam Buckley to even the numbers up when he brought Quigley on, but it was overly generous of Fahey to give us the man advantage for the rest of the match. Still, that team will be steamrollered by Dundalk unless they improve all over the park. Think we might just sneak third now though.

Dodge
09/07/2014, 9:24 AM
Rovers weren't great at all. Opening goal (which was decent but still poor defensively) and a deflection aside they didn't create anything. Pats well on top in the first hale but fell apart in the 2nd half. 2nd half was awful to watch. No doubt Rovers deserved the win but mainly because Pats were so bad in the 2nd half.

ATFC-1887
09/07/2014, 2:19 PM
Rather impressed with Athlone yesterday now. Looked well organised, plenty of heart and we unlucky not to get something from the game. Great strike from P McEleney for the goal though, worth a watch on SR tonight.
Yeh i thought we were very unlucky. Baffled by Longs decision to wait until the last 5 minutes to make a change. But at this stage its about results and not just performances so a loss is a loss. If we don't beat Limerick Friday we are done and dusted.

Strongbow10
10/07/2014, 3:12 PM
Yeh i thought we were very unlucky. Baffled by Longs decision to wait until the last 5 minutes to make a change. But at this stage its about results and not just performances so a loss is a loss. If we don't beat Limerick Friday we are done and dusted.

any word on whether any of these trialists from the other night have signed?

nigel-harps1954
10/07/2014, 3:30 PM

Kynan Rocks signed for Cobh.

Battery Rover
10/07/2014, 3:38 PM

I am waiting on official list from club but I have heard Ryan Coulter was for definite. No nothing more than that at minute