PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium for the North.

Not_Fooled
05/11/2004, 11:04 AM
Looks like the OWC site is way behind the times (Still stuck in the 1690's probably)

As the Maze is the site for the new stadium.

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2004, 7:47 AM
The Maze?

Perfect sure everyone in the wee North knows where to find it ! :D

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2004, 3:01 PM
The consequence of no Northern Ireland team could be a GB team being formed. Do you honestly wish to see a GB team? Cause no body in Scotland or Wales does .

An All-Ireland team achieved by mutual consent between the FAI and IFA on this island at some future point might be a good thing.

In which case....SOME of the games would have to take place in the wee North.... which is where the need for a stadium comes in.

Besides do they have to hold all their Cup Finals at Windsor Park from now till the end of time?

Gives Linfield unfair home advantage when they play in IFA Cup finals.

A face
06/11/2004, 3:41 PM
Wouldn’t it be totally embarrassing if they got their stadium ready before our ….. John Delaney would definitely have to step down then wouldn’t he :p

Poor Student
06/11/2004, 4:20 PM
Aren't Coca Cola building a factory or something on the Maze site?

TonyD
06/11/2004, 9:25 PM
Wouldn’t it be totally embarrassing if they got their stadium ready before our ….. John Delaney would definitely have to step down then wouldn’t he :p

John Delaney - Step down ? Ha Ha Ha.

A face
06/11/2004, 11:07 PM
Shouldn't it be Fanta :rolleyes: .....or Club Orange....... ;)

......... :D :p :D

Duncan Gardner
07/11/2004, 9:53 AM
Looks like the OWC site is way behind the times (Still stuck in the 1690's probably). As the Maze is the site for the new stadium

It's the most likely site (due to cheapness) but nothing has been decided yet.

Wouldn't you be better on ww.cartoonprovos.com?

Do you honestly wish to see a GB team? Cause no body in Scotland or Wales does

Or England.

An All-Ireland team achieved by mutual consent between the FAI and IFA on this island at some future point might be a good thing

It's as likely as an all-Yugoslavia team.

Besides do they have to hold all their Cup Finals at Windsor Park from now till the end of time?

It's small but OK for Irish cup finals.

Shouldn't it be Fanta .....or Club Orange.......

According to NOTW, Orange plan to sponsor Chelsea...

Not_Fooled
07/11/2004, 1:36 PM
It's the most likely site (due to cheapness) but nothing has been decided yet.

Wouldn't you be better on ww.cartoonprovos.com?

Now now Duncan, it's not my fault the owc site is in a time warp.

They say The Maze is in the middle of nowhere, yet it's only 15 mins away from Belfast, then again maybe those guys still travel by horse and cart.

I'll admit i may have been a bit over the top with my reference to 1690.

1960 would probaly be more accurate.

Duncan Gardner
07/11/2004, 5:33 PM
I'll admit some of them/ us are a little over-sensitive and easily wound up. Not the same as being in a 'time warp' :)

The Maze site is 12 miles from Belfast city centre. Certainly you can just about see it from the motorway, but there's no junction nor access road. If they're not built it'll take rather longer than 15 minutes to get in.

Similarly the railway line is a mile away, and there's no guarantee NIR would open a station at the nearest point.

Personally I'd be happy to go there, but if a rugby union fan it would be less convenient than the city.

Are you in Dublin? If so, you'll know all about the latest animal transport on white elephants :)

CollegeTillIDie
08/11/2004, 7:26 PM
Duncan

From 1919 to 1992 An All -Yugoslavia team is exactly what they did have.

gspain
09/11/2004, 7:09 AM
Same arguments against the Maze as were used against Abbottstown - miles out of town and no public transport.

I really like city centre stadia - great build up and atmosphere before/afterwards.

Would be very convenient if travelling up form Dublin though... ;)