PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2014/15

Pages : [1] 2 3

dutchie
03/07/2014, 7:52 PM
Lets get the ball rolling for the coming year,whos coming in and whos going out,what new managers are being linked with what club,will Janesboro and Geraldines challange Pike for the title or will there be a surprise package in the chasing pack????

faceoff
19/07/2014, 12:12 AM
Wayne Colbert played against Limerick u 19 tonight and Shane Clarke with Limerick.Are they both signing for these clubs.Carew looked impressive.

AC Melon
19/07/2014, 4:40 AM
Was Clarke and Wayne playing with Carew?

faceoff
19/07/2014, 2:57 PM
Was Clarke and Wayne playing with Carew?

Wayne with Carew and Clarke with Limerick.

js79
20/07/2014, 6:09 PM
Wayne with Carew and Clarke with Limerick.

Both players signed with carew park(I wish).:-) :-) :-)

faceoff
25/07/2014, 2:00 PM
Any new signings for clubs?Summerville seem to have got a few.Janesboro and Pike have picked up a few and Fairvew maybe.Any conformation on guys who have actually put pen to paper?Are referees back from their strike?I was at Regional v Limerick game and it was local ref so it prob is sorted.Any one confirm this and is their any games on the weekend?

Treaty Gooner
28/07/2014, 9:13 PM
Who did Summerville sign? Booster's normally good for all things in Portland! New manager too

sweeper
30/07/2014, 9:22 AM
Are the fixtures out for the opening games and when is league starting,should be a close league this year.

booster 03
01/08/2014, 7:55 AM
Who did Summerville sign? Booster's normally good for all things in Portland! New manager too

Johnny corbet Jamie Kelly mark keane ronan power are the ones I heard... Leonard Earls manager.. I haven't seen them much, taking a week earned retirement lads ;)

Fairkop
19/08/2014, 9:17 PM
its off and running lads and one of the favourites have stumbled at the first,,,Boro lose at home 2 nil to Balla,and it could have been more as Balla missed a pen.boro very poor though they were short a few players,Balla wanted it more young team out too.

Hibs7772
19/08/2014, 11:27 PM
its off and running lads and one of the favourites have stumbled at the first,,,Boro lose at home 2 nil to Balla,and it could have been more as Balla missed a pen.boro very poor though they were short a few players,Balla wanted it more young team out too.
Great result for balla! Anyone have the teams? And a report?

deadly man
20/08/2014, 9:35 AM
Well said fairkop,couldn't agree with you more,boro were very disorganised and lacklustre all over the field,they need to get there house in order if they want to push pike and Carew for the league this season

AlanOB
20/08/2014, 9:23 PM
Report here, Hibs7772: http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/janesboro-0-2-ballynanty-rovers-limerick-district-premier-league/

Great to see some activity on here again. Looked like the place was dead for a while.

Hibs7772
21/08/2014, 1:06 AM
Report here, Hibs7772: http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/janesboro-0-2-ballynanty-rovers-limerick-district-premier-league/

Great to see some activity on here again. Looked like the place was dead for a while.
Thanks AlanOB!

AlanOB
21/08/2014, 9:21 PM
No worries.

Geraldines 2-2 Carew Park match report here: http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/geraldines-2-2-carew-park-limerick-district-premier-league/

Don't forget to bookmark the site if you're interested in the stuff across the pond too.

Treaty Gooner
22/08/2014, 9:29 AM
You're gettin a bit of a hammering on Facebook Alan! Always good to read a local report when I can't get to games and I hope you listen to the comments and maybe get some more knowledge of local teams and players before your next report. It'd be easy enough to track down the coaches' phone numbers and email addresses before or after games so your reports can be even better. At least you're having a go though,hope you've got thick skin!

AlanOB
22/08/2014, 4:56 PM
After three years of doing this, I would say that I have quite a strong knowledge of the teams and players that I write about.

I was aware that Geraldines were understrength last night. Of course I wondered who was in goal and why Eddie Lee was in midfield.

But knowing the answer to that wouldn't have changed my analysis as to why they failed to create anything after the fifth minute.

Nor would it have changed my suggestion regarding what I felt that they should have done.

The individual on Facebook doesn't like that. That's fine.

I'm not here to make excuses for anyone.

Treaty Gooner
22/08/2014, 6:23 PM
Horses for courses. You're in for a long season!

Fairkop
22/08/2014, 7:38 PM
keep up the good work AOB,always enjoy the reports,your own take on the games is what we want to read so let the begrudgers to their own devices ..just do what you do.

AlanOB
24/08/2014, 2:59 PM
Janesboro 2-3 Geraldines

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/janesboro-2-3-geraldines-limerick-district-premier-league/

AlanOB
28/08/2014, 10:15 PM
Pike Rovers 0-1 Carew Park

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/pike-rovers-0-1-carew-park-limerick-district-premier-league/

Hollywood Hogan
28/08/2014, 10:51 PM
Only the last year or two i was introduced to junior football in limerick. The interest in the junior game is unbelieveable. Between the secret junior footballer and Alan with his match reports, live 95fm and Facebook the coverage and debate on the game is entertaining and healthy. From your reports Alan you have covered most of the top teams this season in limerick. Would you dare predict how league might go? Would you give any of the clubs a chance in FAI?

Shuffleruns
29/08/2014, 9:34 AM
Some interesting results last night night. Carew beating pike and Janesboro smashing Sville. Moyross going well too.

Treaty Gooner
29/08/2014, 2:42 PM
Some result from the Boro after a poor start, sound like they're hitting form. Geraldines would have been expected to win tho would they?

Fairkop
29/08/2014, 6:55 PM
the results last night ....summervile 1 boro 10 and dines 8 knockainey 2 are a further template to what is at times an embarassing standard in our premier league.

Hibs7772
31/08/2014, 12:22 AM
the results last night ....summervile 1 boro 10 and dines 8 knockainey 2 are a further template to what is at times an embarassing standard in our premier league.
Some result for Janesboro!! were Summerville missing a few? Who scored for Boro?

Fairkop
31/08/2014, 5:46 PM
Some result for Janesboro!! were Summerville missing a few? Who scored for Boro?
was,n at game but believe summervile had full squad.watched the big two this morning at the boro club,even enough imo with boro slightly on top first half ,pike the better team in second.pike player lucky to stay on the pitch early after a reckless challenge,clarke pen for boro,meehan? header for pike to level,pike will rue 2 simple chances to win it.meehan sent off for two yellows.

AlanOB
31/08/2014, 7:38 PM
Janesboro 1-1 Pike Rovers

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/janesboro-1-1-pike-rovers-limerick-district-premier-league/

Treaty Gooner
31/08/2014, 10:47 PM
Decent summary, except Neville is Pike's keeper, O'Donoghue was trying to lift it over Glasheen.

AlanOB
04/09/2014, 10:45 PM
Regional United 0-2 Carew Park

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/regional-united-0-2-carew-park-limerick-district-premier-league/

balanced view
05/09/2014, 7:47 AM
Results from last night

Regional Utd 0-2 Carew Park
Aisling Annacotty 0-2 Ballynanty Rvs
Fairview Rgs 2-5 Janesboro
Moyross 2-1 Geraldines
Pike Rvs 4-1 Knockainey
Corbally Utd 6-0 Summerville Rgs

AlanOB
05/09/2014, 9:37 AM
What is going on with Summerville? 24 goals conceded in 5 games by a defence containing Mark Keane is incredible. I know we've a few contributors on here that are involved with the club - would be interesting to hear their take on this disastrous start.

maroonandwhite
05/09/2014, 11:03 AM
What is going on with Summerville? 24 goals conceded in 5 games by a defence containing Mark Keane is incredible. I know we've a few contributors on here that are involved with the club - would be interesting to hear their take on this disastrous start.

I dont want to comment much on the situation but its not good alright...They played well in the 1st game (oly game i seen) and were unlucky to get a result to be fair against fairview..Since then i dont know...But its not good at the moment but lets hope once these evening games are done leonard can stamp his seal on the team and pick up a few points before xmas.

AlanOB
05/09/2014, 11:14 AM
I understand you not wanting to say too much.

Ye seemed to start well last season under Dillon. Yet I attended an away game against Geraldines in one of the cups halfway through the season and he wasn't present? Can you comment on what happened there?

AlanOB
07/09/2014, 2:26 PM
Janesboro 3-1 Carew Park

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/09/07/janesboro-3-1-carew-park-limerick-district-premier-league/

maroonandwhite
09/09/2014, 11:28 AM

Ye seemed to start well last season under Dillon. Yet I attended an away game against Geraldines in one of the cups halfway through the season and he wasn't present? Can you comment on what happened there?

Was he still in charge then as he was gone before xmas and pat koyce took over then!!!

booster 03
15/09/2014, 1:58 PM

totally new squad this year, lost 4/5 maybe even 6 starters from last yrs team, will get better as the season goes on, one or two more players on the way.. good result against moyross a few weeks ago, well be fine.

maroonandwhite
16/09/2014, 8:35 AM
totally new squad this year, lost 4/5 maybe even 6 starters from last yrs team, will get better as the season goes on, one or two more players on the way.. good result against moyross a few weeks ago, well be fine.

I hope you are right booster...The result against Knockainey was bad but if we win our next league game we can defo get out of the hole we are in

AlanOB
28/09/2014, 2:30 PM
Moyross United 2-2 Pike Rovers

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/moyross-united-2-2-pike-rovers-limerick-district-premier-league/#more-261

Fairkop
28/09/2014, 9:49 PM
Moyross United 2-2 Pike Rovers

http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/moyross-united-2-2-pike-rovers-limerick-district-premier-league/#more-261

going on what i saw thats an accurate report and well up to your usual high standards,thought pike were fortunate enough to get a point ,the decision to move pikes tierney was one of a few that baffled many of us on the sidelines.

AlanOB
29/09/2014, 12:11 PM
One of a few is right.

And, as if the early Tierney switch wasn't baffling enough - when the player was asked to go back into midfield following Daly's removal, he could be heard asking management to stay where he was!

So perhaps the original decision to switch was made on the field rather than on the sideline.

Either way, it doesn't bode well.

hotspur
01/10/2014, 9:59 AM
going on what i saw thats an accurate report and well up to your usual high standards,thought pike were fortunate enough to get a point ,the decision to move pikes tierney was one of a few that baffled many of us on the sidelines.

Managers make calls.a striker was brought on and jt dropped off.simple.

AlanOB
09/10/2014, 11:41 PM
Great game down at Jackman tonight.

Regional United 4-4 Moyross United (AET – Regional won 4-3 on pens) (Tuohy Cup 1st Round) (http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/regional-united-4-4-moyross-united-aet-regional-won-4-3-on-pens-tuohy-cup-1st-round/)

AlanOB
17/10/2014, 8:57 PM
Corbally United 2-1 Geraldines (Tuohy Cup 1st Round) (http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/corbally-united-2-1-geraldines-tuohy-cup-1st-round/)

Fairkop
17/10/2014, 9:19 PM
Corbally United 2-1 Geraldines (Tuohy Cup 1st Round) (http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/corbally-united-2-1-geraldines-tuohy-cup-1st-round/)

good report alan,saw the game and thought it was quite poor,on the night Dines looked a pale shadow of last years team,albeit missing a few players.good confidence booster for Corbally.

faceoff
18/10/2014, 6:55 AM
good report alan,saw the game and thought it was quite poor,on the night Dines looked a pale shadow of last years team,albeit missing a few players.good confidence booster for Corbally.

A very poor game indeed,but Corbally wont mind that.Bigger test Sunday to which i cannot see them causing Pike too many problems.Maybe that tiny pitch may help.Pike should still come through with a bit to spare.Good luck to both teams.Geraldines seem to be slipping away gradually,lost some good players esp to Pike in Daly and Scanlon.Ah well the season starts getting interesting now.

AlanOB
18/10/2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah it's a shame for Geraldines - there were times last season when they had a side that looked genuinely capable of winning things. Quite a rapid decline. Their squad is much thinner now, so when the likes of Danaher, Madigan and McCarthy are missing, as they were on Thursday, it's a real problem for them.

As for Corbally/Pike, most people would have expected Pike to come through the league fixture comfortably too. I'm sure they will this time, but you never know. As you say, the pitch up there lends itself to frustrating a more expansive side. Pike will obviously benefit from the bogball season being over too - all those lads will be focusing all of their attention on the football from here on in. And, of course, being able to bring in the likes of Scanlon at this stage of the season is a huge bonus. They're still massively underperforming as a unit given the quality of individual that they possess though - long way to go.

booster 03
18/10/2014, 9:36 PM
Yeah it's a shame for Geraldines - there were times last season when they had a side that looked genuinely capable of winning things. Quite a rapid decline. Their squad is much thinner now, so when the likes of Danaher, Madigan and McCarthy are missing, as they were on Thursday, it's a real problem for them.

As for Corbally/Pike, most people would have expected Pike to come through the league fixture comfortably too. I'm sure they will this time, but you never know. As you say, the pitch up there lends itself to frustrating a more expansive side. Pike will obviously benefit from the bogball season being over too - all those lads will be focusing all of their attention on the football from here on in. And, of course, being able to bring in the likes of Scanlon at this stage of the season is a huge bonus. They're still massively underperforming as a unit given the quality of individual that they possess though - long way to go.

Ashling 1 Summerville 3

James Cleary hat trick for us.. Big 3 points

AlanOB
19/10/2014, 4:39 PM
Great result booster. I had intended to cover the game but I had something else on. Sorry I missed it - big result in terms of the relegation battle. Deserved on the balance of play?

Carew Park 3-0 Moyross United (Limerick District Premier League) (http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/carew-park-3-0-moyross-united-limerick-district-premier-league/)

booster 03
20/10/2014, 6:06 PM
Great result booster. I had intended to cover the game but I had something else on. Sorry I missed it - big result in terms of the relegation battle. Deserved on the balance of play?

Carew Park 3-0 Moyross United (Limerick District Premier League) (http://tacticstruck2.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/carew-park-3-0-moyross-united-limerick-district-premier-league/)

Ah I wouldn't say so .. Very close game, a couple of wonder goals by James in fairness the second of which would grace any match, we were 2 up at ht and they pushed hard at us in the second half with us pinching one on the break, they battered us for most of the second half and we were scrambling a bit before we got the 3rd they two cleared off the line by our full backs.. But we'll take it anyway, onwards and upwards, squad is a little thin but getting stronger by the weeks I feel.