PDA

View Full Version : club / supporter communication

ranting rover
05/11/2004, 10:50 AM
this was originally a reply to the birmingham city link thread but started a new thread because we're now talking about communication between club and fans. anyway...

if the manager writes a piece for the programme every week then the sensible solution is to post the manger's comments from the programme onto the website every week! no extra work for the manager and beneficial to all. those of us in exile don't have an opportunity to buy the programme. to put it on the site is a 10 minute cut and paste job.

as an aside, the website is the perfect platform for building a good relationship between club and supporters in exile - the programme likewise for supporters in sligo. both should reflect each other i.e. content should be the same.

i have to admit that i don't know what is in the programme these days as i haven't been in sligo in 2 years :( but if the programme / website contained the above every week then it is a good foundation.

i am also a member of arsenal supporters club and every week i get 2 emails: 1 from arsene wenger, and ALSO an email from the club. wenger's email gives his verdict on the previous match performance and some insight into why he made certain decisions etc. he also mentions upcoming matches and a general overview. it's frank and honest - it's excellant. the email from the club is a bit more promotional but still displays all the elements of good honest communication with the supporters. these are the things that rovers should be doing.

observer
05/11/2004, 12:00 PM
The fact is it is easy for a manager to follow the Arsenal format when you are winning 99% of your matches. It is so easy then for the manager to wax lyrical on the matches and his decisions. I wonder if there would be a weekly communication if the club was hovering in the relegation zone and the manager was trying to justify his existance rather then fly his own kite. :ball: