PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Carr on a rocky road

drummerboy
05/11/2004, 9:36 AM
Stephen Carr got the dreaded hook against Bolton after they scored their second goal on Sunday. He didn't play last night against Dynamo Tibilsi last night. Just wondering if he has fallen foul of Souness?

tetsujin1979
05/11/2004, 9:51 AM
Reported on eleven-a-side to be a minor injury, wouldn't read too much into it unless he's still dropped for the weekend game

Bowsy
05/11/2004, 10:29 AM
Been quite impressed by what i've seen of Carr's recent performances and nobody was particularly impressive against Bolton. I'd be shocked if he was dropped with Newcastle's current paucity of decent defenders.

TerryPhelan
05/11/2004, 11:26 AM
"I think we have got away without any problems and we have got Stephen Carr to come back for the weekend - we are hoping he will be okay for the weekend," Souness said.

"We have three very hard games coming up starting with Fulham, so it is important to have as many of your squad available to you as possible."

I don't think it's lack of form, he's been doing pretty solidly for Toon so far this season. Souness probably dropped him because he didn't want to risk a key defender against a team they knew they were going to overrun. Fulham this weekend, but then United and Chelsea in quick succession - to stand a chance in thos games, you need an angry man like our Stevie to be at his angriest! :mad: :)

eirebhoy
05/11/2004, 12:41 PM
I don't think it's lack of form
It certainly wasn't lack of form, he's one of the best Irish players in the premiership this season. He was taken off against Bolton with a knock so I assume that is why he was left out.