PDA

View Full Version : City V Longford is OFF

Pablo
05/01/2002, 6:05 PM
tonites game is off due to fog according to aertel. thats bad cause if shels and rovers win theres a gap. a game in hand is all very well but points on the board are what counts

yan
05/01/2002, 10:27 PM
true

James
06/01/2002, 1:15 PM
sry to burst your bubble there scooooty but for it to be a forzacity exclusive wouldnt it first have to appear on your site and not here....

cause to me you posting it here, makes it a foot.ie exclusive
:D

Keep the faith
City for the league

Pablo
06/01/2002, 2:00 PM
how could ya doubt me scotty? u can check aertel on www.rte.ie/aertel go check!

good we didnt go up in the end eh?

Éanna
06/01/2002, 5:14 PM
some of the lads actually made it out to the ground- they said it was playable at 730.

Neil
06/01/2002, 11:12 PM
When the game was called off at 6.30, it probably was unplayable but when we got to the ground at 7.30 it had cleared a fair bit. IMO it could have been played.

Surely if the ref is going to call the game off so late (ie. an hour before KO) then he could have waited til just before KO? Or even put it back an hour? No?

Lots of people were wondering why the game could not have been played today. Most City supporters were staying the night anyway. Perhaps the fact that the City team stayed in Roosky on the Friday night meant they couldn't afford a night in Longford?

Just a disaster all-round anyway!

A face
06/01/2002, 11:14 PM
Eanna ... i was thinking the same ... it lifted soon after it was called off, the team scarpered though the minute it was called off, so it wasn't going ahead anyway if they tried, and it was fine this morning as well, could have played it then, even though i was in a bad state :D I had a head like a bag of chisels and probably wouldn't have been able to sing.

SÓC
07/01/2002, 10:42 AM
What will a little trip up to Longford cost us. The team stayed up there on Friday night, players had to get off work early, they had to pay for accomadation, meals and such expenses.

Will there be any kind of refund to City??

Xlex
07/01/2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Will there be any kind of refund to City??

Refund, what the duck for??

pete
07/01/2002, 11:37 AM
I think the ref was supposed to be Stacey? Whoever he was anyway he fecked up. He may have called the match off when the fog was thick but by 7.15-7.30 with only 2 floodlights on at the entrance side could see from corner flag to corner flag.

Whatever about the saturday night ****up its beyond me why the match couldn't have been played on sunday afternoon!

:(

Éanna
07/01/2002, 12:49 PM
should have been played sunday. forget city, refund the supporters! we're all broke! :D

Macy
07/01/2002, 1:15 PM
What about next saturday for the re-arranged game? Not as if either of us are still in the cup..... :(

Éanna
07/01/2002, 1:17 PM
i heard it would prob be on next week alright. i'll be back!

SÓC
07/01/2002, 1:48 PM
I was under the impression that if a match was called off less than six hours before kick off the traveling was entitled to some form of compo?

Maybe it'd just a UEFA rule, but did a German team get their traveling expenses refunded when they went to play Juva and the match was fogged off.

Them Longford fellas should have put a retractiable roof on that Stadium, just to finish it all off.

Éanna
07/01/2002, 3:04 PM
compensate the fans! we stayed over and spent all out money! :D