PDA

View Full Version : A 3-2 Defeat

Stevo Da Gull
04/11/2004, 8:48 PM
After being 2-0 up aint premier Division material by a long shot, MAJOR MAJOR improvements needed IF,and that is now a big if, we manage to scramble up to the Prem- I'd be surprised if we managed to avoid bottom spot.

We are not Premier Division material I dont think.

KK77
05/11/2004, 8:28 AM
Have to agree fully with what you say Stevo i feel going up now is only covering up the cracks. I have been saying for the last 3 years that i think Devo has taken us as far as he can and for the good of the club we need a new manager and thats nothing against Devo coz i think hes doen wonders its just nothing lasts forever we need change.

tammy
05/11/2004, 9:23 AM
Bray are putting 3rd spot on a plate for us in Kildare, but i dont think ye have much too worry about, we are just as bad as ye at the moment. We will get within 2 at the weekend but I cant see ye dropping points in the last 2 games. So ye should just be happy, ye are as good as in the Premier! :cool:

seagulls4ever
05/11/2004, 12:36 PM
Have to agree fully with what you say Stevo i feel going up now is only covering up the cracks. I have been saying for the last 3 years that i think Devo has taken us as far as he can and for the good of the club we need a new manager and thats nothing against Devo coz i think hes doen wonders its just nothing lasts forever we need change.

10/1 odds saying you don't get slaughtered for that post. i get torn apart by the blind neanderthals for making comments like that. my first thread however long ago it was said he should be gone and i got attacked.

KR's Post
05/11/2004, 12:59 PM
Blame the seagulls nest. 2-0 up when arriving and suddenly it all changes!!!!! hoo-doo or what. No but honestly we were shocking. We might as well stay down because we just are not prepared for the premier like HARPS and UCD...... C'mon bray you gotta get it sorted :eek: :eek:

shankilwanderer
05/11/2004, 1:04 PM
I agree with what Rafa B has said about devo as our manager. Devo has been here to long, we have had our ups but we have had more downs, if he is there next year no dought we will be fighting to avoid the drop, probably fail and end up struggling for promotion the year after in the first division again unless something is done. What we need is someone with a new perspective on how to manage our team and get the most out of our lads in green.

KR's Post
05/11/2004, 1:11 PM
I agree with what Rafa B has said about devo as our manager. Devo has been here to long, we have had our ups but we have had more downs, if he is there next year no dought we will be fighting to avoid the drop, probably fail and end up struggling for promotion the year after in the first division again unless something is done. What we need is someone with a new perspective on how to manage our team and get the most out of our lads in green.
I know who you are!!!!!!!! HEE HEE HEE :p :p :p

KR's Post
05/11/2004, 1:24 PM
He has done such great things for the club and i admire him for that but we have not made progress in the last couple of years(excluding the year we finished fourth in the premier) we need at least 11 new players, maybe more, if we have any hope of staying up next season,if we go up.... They thought they had it wrapped up the other night in dundalk and let the hosts come at them. just not good enough.... As for devo out!! Not yet,1 more year and lets see what he does, he could surprise us all. ;)

shankilwanderer
05/11/2004, 1:55 PM
He has done such great things for the club and i admire him for that but we have not made progress in the last couple of years(excluding the year we finished fourth in the premier) we need at least 11 new players, maybe more, if we have any hope of staying up next season,if we go up.... They thought they had it wrapped up the other night in dundalk and let the hosts come at them. just not good enough.... As for devo out!! Not yet,1 more year and lets see what he does, he could surprise us all. ;)

But then again he may not. He has lost it. Teams we should easly beat we draw or lose against e.g. Dundalk last night 2 up and lose 3-2. I agree we need new players, some of the players are not even good enough for the first division, so will Devo keep them next year or get rid of them :confused: I now know who you are :D :D :D : . KR

Seagull
05/11/2004, 6:46 PM
Devo's well past his sell by date. I'm sick and tired of watching his hoof-the-ball tactics. Football it ain't. Whatever happened to midfield?? Fox is this season's most disimproved player. Why was Gormless persuaded to stay on? Have you ever seen Skippy throw the ball to a full back? It's like he's been watching too many Charlton era Packie Bonnar videos. We'll be a holy show in the Premier, bottom by miles. So Devo, thanks for the memories (more relegations than I care to forget), now **** off!

REVIP
05/11/2004, 7:03 PM
I'm one of the people who drift in on a Friday night with a couple of mates and then drift out again, so can't claim the passion of most of you.

I was at a conference in the North yesterday and skipped the evening session to get to Dundalk for the match. Unfortunately, I was late and 25 minutes had been played by the time I arrived. I obviously missed the best bits!

Their seemed to be little heart in the team. The heads seemed to go down as soon as Dundalk got their first goal and the body language suggested a team very unhappy with itself.

If Pat Devlin went, would anyone else do any better? There's no money, crowds have been dire this season; the crowd for the Limerick match in the summer was the worst I have seen in five seasons drifting into the Carlisle.

Don't know what the answer is - last night was depressing.

seagulls4ever
05/11/2004, 11:27 PM
*smiles smugly*

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2004, 8:28 AM
Lads

Would yiz ever get your team to get their fingers out and get promoted?
It won't be as much fun up in the Premier without our derby games with Bray :p

d_informer
06/11/2004, 9:44 AM
well its stomach turning to see the utter contempt and blatant back-stabbing that has seeped its way into what i thought were the loyal hearts of the bray wanderers fans. i have always voiced criticism when i deemed it necessary but it appears that devo has gone from the almighty leader to the vile judas of the carlisle ground. sure devo has not taken us to the heights that we as a club deserve but look at what he is working with. our players lack drive and heart and were too content just letting things play out rather than taking what was up for grabs

d_informer
06/11/2004, 9:50 AM
i fully agree we do need 11 new players on that field- IN THE STARTING LINE UP, well said tarzan1. but what we are missing is the fact that we lost due to the horrible lack of drive in our men. if sir alex himself had led us into battle we still would have lost. we are falling into the horrible trap of mistaking complacency with confidence!! im sorry to say it boys but some of you really need to cop yourselves on. all jumpin on the bandwagon to shoot devo down for brays collective failings. it cannot come back on just one man- GROW UP. we are a CLUB. from supporters to board to players to manager WE ARE A CLUB. and a CLUB that does not deserve a place in the premier!

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 9:50 AM
i can't believe all you have turned around and agreed completely with what i've been saying. you've done nothing but slate me for my opinions on devo, and yet now that i'm proved right, you all agree! i've been saying since day 1 that they lacked heart and a premiership place would be wasted since we'd be relegated next year. its unreal. roo must be crying to his mommy.

at least have the balls to admit you agree with me now.

d_informer
06/11/2004, 10:05 AM
actually seagulls4 i am the last man standing directly at devo's side. it seems a lot of our supporters are abandoning the 'man that made us', at the last moment. but regretably i must admit reading some of your previous posts and their general theme it seems a lot of your critics have become your peers. maybe its just my age but i feel their is much integrity to be found in loyalty. and it worries me how all loyalty has been abandoned now that the going gets tough. the definition of being a supporter is being their through "thick and thin". the ice is thin and we are throwing devo in the deep end-HEAD FIRST! im disappointed boys, open your eyes :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 10:20 AM
THANK YOU. i can't believe someone can actually see sense finally! its about time we agreed on something, even if it is something so sad! fair play to you standing for your beliefs and supporting devo. fair enough, you seem to have genuine belief in him. it just p1sses me off that so many who attacked me are now turning around saying he's crap, we need 11 new players, they've no heart etc. they're such dumb hypocrites its not even funny.

d_informer
06/11/2004, 10:46 AM
well dont start coming onto me or anything just cuz i said you were right, nobody likes a gloater! and dont go thinking i like you either your still one of the most offensive T.w.a.t.s that this forum has seen. its just somewhere underneath all your childish and abusive jargon, you actually have a point!! :(

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 10:56 AM
well dont start coming onto me or anything just cuz i said you were right, nobody likes a gloater! and dont go thinking i like you either your still one of the most offensive T.w.a.t.s that this forum has seen. its just somewhere underneath all your childish and abusive jargon, you actually have a point!! :(

coming on to you? don't get your hopes up buddy. a little lovin might be all you need, but i can bet i'm too big for your dainty lil ass. i don't mean to gloat, its just pretty frustrating seeing all these fickle little johnny-come-lately fans, who clearly have no idea, like tarzan1, jumping on whatever opinion bandwagon seems to form around here. and its nice to see someone who can admit the truth. in tarzan1's own words, d_informer- sound. well, maybe not that far. but maybe he's the one coming on to you. you're well in there bro

REVIP
06/11/2004, 11:05 AM
It's pointless simply criticising Pat Devlin - the only passion I saw on Thursday night at Oriel Park was from the manager.

If he said tomorrow, 'I've had enough', where would his successor come from? Where's the money going to come from for the new players? Football is business.

If there was financial backing available, it might be possible to speculate in the hope that a strong performance in the Premier Division would bring the crowds back and pay dividends on the investment, but I don't see any big sponsor or backer coming in at the moment - particularly as the Carlisle Grounds are only leased.

Short of having a Roman Abramovich, the club needs to work with what it has. Complaining about what's not there and what's not possible doesn't get anyone very far.

d_informer
06/11/2004, 11:11 AM
your an idiot, seagulls4. grow up, saturday is my only day off and i just wish there were true fans that i could talk to as opposed to morons like you who only wanna cause trouble. you couldnt just leave it at that when i admitted some truth in your arguments!!you had to try and take it further, to get a date out of me or something well im sorry but i just dont swing that way! :mad:

d_informer
06/11/2004, 11:16 AM
Well said REVIP, considering your a new signing you show a lot more maturity than some of the clowns on this site. these guys are mistaking the irish leagues to the english, where money is not an issue and managers come and go quicker than the DART! this is not Harchester United, its bray wanderers! get a life lads, we had our chance to prove our worth and again we didnt take it!! that is the teams fault, not devo's!!! :mad:

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 11:39 AM
yeah man, i was lookin for a date. but clearly you're not my type. why not post a class pic and show us your kids? or is it all part of a michael jackson impression? jesus juice for religion class eh? weirdo. whats your school again? joker.

the team isn't THAT bad. we need some fresh blood to liven up competition for players. devo's lack of squad rotation and time spent with the club has made our tactics predictable and repetitive. he's done lots for the club, i'm happy to admit that. but the fact is he can't do any more. he's finished. no, we're not harchested united, very shrewd observation. they're a fictional team, made for a programme where keith duffy has a brain. see the difference? maybe spend less lonely sunday nights at sky one and more time with a life? or is that special time with the kids from the top of the class?

Seagull
06/11/2004, 5:07 PM
Well said REVIP, considering your a new signing you show a lot more maturity than some of the clowns on this site. these guys are mistaking the irish leagues to the english, where money is not an issue and managers come and go quicker than the DART! this is not Harchester United, its bray wanderers! get a life lads, we had our chance to prove our worth and again we didnt take it!! that is the teams fault, not devo's!!! :mad:
The manager picks the team, the manager picks the tactics and too often this past couple of seasons, the manager has got it completely wrong. Because he's 'Director of football' at the club it seems he's not answerable- the blame always goes on the players. Why do they show so little heart? Maybe they've lost confidence in their manager too. Why is there no leader on the pitch driving them on? The Carlisle Grounds are empty every week because people are fed up with it. Why have none of the u-21s been brought through? Is it cos they actually play decent attacking football and wouldn't fit in with the hoof-the-ball tactics? The thought of another season in this **** poor division is just depressing... :ball:

paddigol
10/11/2004, 10:45 AM

just an observation - few of you seem to consider the possibility that a new manager might lead to a downturn in the clubs fortunes. I would have thought that for a small club with very poor attendences, albeit with great potential, devlin has been extremely consistant over the years with very few resources. Just look at the likes of Kilkenny, sligo and dundalk to see how comparable teams who have aspired to great things in recent years have seen their fortunes slide despite management changes.
I for one, as a cork fan living in sunny greystones, would love to see bray do well, so don't take my comments as an uninformed rant. And i'm not saying i'm right, just that all repercussions should be looked at. I think the players should take most of the blame for letting a two goal lead slip, and the people of bray probably don't deserve such a good club considering their lack of support over the years. Again, this is not a dig at you the fans, but your neighbours who don't support the club. Bray is certainly big enough to merit attendences well over 1,000 on a regular basis given your success.
Best of luck in your last couple of games.

paddigol
10/11/2004, 10:55 AM
The manager picks the team, the manager picks the tactics and too often this past couple of seasons, the manager has got it completely wrong. Because he's 'Director of football' at the club it seems he's not answerable- the blame always goes on the players. Why do they show so little heart? Maybe they've lost confidence in their manager too. Why is there no leader on the pitch driving them on? The Carlisle Grounds are empty every week because people are fed up with it. Why have none of the u-21s been brought through? Is it cos they actually play decent attacking football and wouldn't fit in with the hoof-the-ball tactics? The thought of another season in this **** poor division is just depressing... :ball:

In fairness he can't have got it completely wrong if you're pushing for promotion and were until recently competing for the league title. Get a grip lads. If you were Galway Utd i'd understand your expectations, but where do you think you'll get the money to suddenly become a solid premier division team? And what manager with proven credentials do you have in mind to replace Devo? To be honest, given the other teams below you, your poor attendences and limited resources I think you are punching above your weight and doing a good job of it, which is something to be proud of. The 1st division is a messy one to fight your way out of, and Devo has consistenty achieved that.

Roo69
10/11/2004, 11:16 AM
just an observation - few of you seem to consider the possibility that a new manager might lead to a downturn in the clubs fortunes. I would have thought that for a small club with very poor attendences, albeit with great potential, devlin has been extremely consistant over the years with very few resources. Just look at the likes of Kilkenny, sligo and dundalk to see how comparable teams who have aspired to great things in recent years have seen their fortunes slide despite management changes.
I for one, as a cork fan living in sunny greystones, would love to see bray do well, so don't take my comments as an uninformed rant. And i'm not saying i'm right, just that all repercussions should be looked at. I think the players should take most of the blame for letting a two goal lead slip, and the people of bray probably don't deserve such a good club considering their lack of support over the years. Again, this is not a dig at you the fans, but your neighbours who don't support the club. Bray is certainly big enough to merit attendences well over 1,000 on a regular basis given your success.
Best of luck in your last couple of games.

Thats the best post on this site for a long bloody time !!!!!!!!!!!! Fair play.

And i would have to agree as well with everything you said. I just dont think that anyone out there could do the job Devo has done with, lets face it, NO MONEY what so ever ! 2 FAI cup wins, several 1st division titles and took us to the dizzy heights of 4th in the premier only a few years ago.

And yes i would also have to but the blame on the players for our recent poor preformances as well, most of them have agreed with that statement ! a mixture of nerves, poor form and tiredness has resulted in our end of season jitters, but i still firmly believe that we will beat Lims on fri and haprs will get a result in kildare on sat leaving us promoted.

CollegeTillIDie
10/11/2004, 7:13 PM
Devo is a legend. He has lived and breathed Wanderers for most of the past 2 decades. Whatever transpires he will be a hard act to follow.

;) And that coming from a support of a rival club.

coops
12/11/2004, 2:09 AM
I know forums are a place for people to vent frustrations and anger at teams and individuals, but the stuff i am reading about Devo is simply over the top.Do you all forget the years of passion and dedication Pat Devlin has put into Bray Wanderers? Bray Wanderers would not be what it is today without him. How do i know? Because i was their in the beginning.
In 1985 when Wanderers were admitted into the New League of Ireland Pat Devlin was the man who ran all over Dublin (and Wicklow) to put together a team of vertual nobodys. He moulded us into a team that won the championship in its first year. He did it on a very low budget. The players in his care were like his own children. For me personally he was like a father. He picked me up from work, he brought me to his house, he fed me. If i had not left for Australia i would have played under Pat for the rest of my life. I have such strong feelings for the man and Bray that honestly the only thing i miss about Ireland is playing under Pat at Bray Wanderers. I can honestly say that their is not a day goes by that i don't think about the old days.
Sure Bray have had their ups and downs since. Sure Pat has been their forever. But where would you have been without him? I have been away now for a long time but i still keep tabs on the fortunes of Bray. Whatever peoples opinions of Pat he certainly doesn't deserve to be criticised in this way. People have short memories.

Cheers from Australia

KR's Post
12/11/2004, 2:48 PM
AAAhhh its the legend himself if im not mistaken.Sorry if i get it wrong. Is it Kieran cooper?????? Everything you said was correct. He made Bray what it is today and hopefully with a win against limerick tonight we will be back where we belong, the premier division!!!! Good to hear from you and thanks for the opinion!!!Devo the legend. Your right

Roo69
12/11/2004, 2:55 PM
I know forums are a place for people to vent frustrations and anger at teams and individuals, but the stuff i am reading about Devo is simply over the top.Do you all forget the years of passion and dedication Pat Devlin has put into Bray Wanderers? Bray Wanderers would not be what it is today without him. How do i know? Because i was their in the beginning.
In 1985 when Wanderers were admitted into the New League of Ireland Pat Devlin was the man who ran all over Dublin (and Wicklow) to put together a team of vertual nobodys. He moulded us into a team that won the championship in its first year. He did it on a very low budget. The players in his care were like his own children. For me personally he was like a father. He picked me up from work, he brought me to his house, he fed me. If i had not left for Australia i would have played under Pat for the rest of my life. I have such strong feelings for the man and Bray that honestly the only thing i miss about Ireland is playing under Pat at Bray Wanderers. I can honestly say that their is not a day goes by that i don't think about the old days.
Sure Bray have had their ups and downs since. Sure Pat has been their forever. But where would you have been without him? I have been away now for a long time but i still keep tabs on the fortunes of Bray. Whatever peoples opinions of Pat he certainly doesn't deserve to be criticised in this way. People have short memories.

Cheers from Australia

Roo: Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap, great speach that would make ! fair play