PDA

View Full Version : Arafat dead ?

Roo69
04/11/2004, 3:48 PM
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/11/04/story174388.html

Peadar
04/11/2004, 3:54 PM
Arafat dead ?

Expect chaos in the region if that's true.

Ringo
04/11/2004, 3:57 PM
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat was declared clinically dead on Thursday in a French hospital, Israeli television said citing French sources.
But Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie denied the report, saying: "I have just spoken to the officials in Paris and they say the situation is still as it was. He is still in the intensive care unit."

Israel's Channel Two television cited unnamed sources in Paris saying that Arafat underwent a brain scan and was found to be "no longer alive."

Palestinian sources earlier told Reuters that the Palestinian president, who was admitted to hospital last week with a mysterious stomach illness, had slipped into a coma.

© Reuters 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Éanna
04/11/2004, 3:58 PM
edit. shouldn't have jumped the gun

boc123
04/11/2004, 4:04 PM
It'll be interesting to see where it goes from now, he had an iron grip on the whole thing. There could be absolute chaos or hopefully finally move towards peace...

Roo69
04/11/2004, 4:05 PM
Expect chaos in the region if that's true.

Chaos is not quite the word i would use. Actually there is not a word that describes what is about to happen if the story is true.

Babysis
04/11/2004, 4:07 PM
Its all being denied on sky news. Nothing has been confirmed.

liam88
04/11/2004, 4:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3980903.stm

Chaos is not quite the word i would use. Actually there is not a word that describes what is about to happen if the story is true.

will it really be that bad? (sincere question-not being sarcastic at all)

Ringo
04/11/2004, 4:36 PM
A statesman and a leader to his people. R.I.P

jayus , your a bit early, he's not dead yet

Roddy Collins R.I.P.

sligoman
04/11/2004, 10:55 PM
He aint dead yet guys, that's just a rumour,he's in intensive care.I'd say he'll be gone by Monday tough :(

Bondvillain
05/11/2004, 8:45 AM
Anyone have the misfortune to hear the boy Tubridy on rte 2fm this morning? a massive display of professional, well balanced broadcasting.
Firstly Mr T compares the dying Arafat to papa smurf, then proceeds (perhaps when this didnt get the laugh he expected in studio) to give an idea of what a dying man singing the smurf song would sound like.
Tres tasteful, and not remotely insulting to have a terminally ill man used as a prop for a pop culture gag.

This was followed by an embarrassed laugh in studio, and a quick switch back to Todayfm by me.

sligoman
07/11/2004, 4:30 PM
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat has liver failure and his condition is not improving, say officials.
They say he may be moved from Paris to Cairo but any decision will have to be taken by the Palestinian leadership.
An unnamed official said a low count of platelets, which help the blood clot, meant blood transfusions were proving difficult.

Read it on:
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13247041,00.html