PDA

View Full Version : Cork V Derry

Pages : [1] 2

dortie
04/11/2004, 3:42 PM
Not many of us coming down, I am the only member of BPSC that will be there, I believe the Pride Of Northside SC have fulled their bus though (Older more civilised supporters club).

Looking forward to a good game, we are under no pressure. We played real good attacking football against Waterford, so it should be an entertaining game.

Peadar
04/11/2004, 4:05 PM
I am the only member of BPSC that will be there.

That's a pity!
The Blue Peter Sewing Club always make it such a special occassion. :p :D

dortie
04/11/2004, 4:09 PM
That's a pity!
The Blue Peter Sewing Club always make it such a special occassion. :p :D

Hardy har har :D

Colm
04/11/2004, 4:30 PM
Not many of us coming down, I am the only member of BPSC that will be there, I believe the Pride Of Northside SC have fulled their bus though (Older more civilised supporters club).

Looking forward to a good game, we are under no pressure. We played real good attacking football against Waterford, so it should be an entertaining game.

Are ya looking forward to going to Cubins?!! ;)

patsh
04/11/2004, 6:12 PM
Another tough game for us, I was glad that Derry won the other night, purely for the fact that I could not have seen them losing 4 games in a row. It's when Derry are relaxed and comforable that they could catch us.We need a focused professional performance on Friday and Monday to take any pressure off us.

dortie
04/11/2004, 6:20 PM
Are ya looking forward to going to Cubins?!! ;)

Aye I sure am hi !!!

Although I might try somewhere different this time, Reardens and Havanna Browns is well played out through the years too :D

God Knows where i will end up....

dortie
04/11/2004, 6:24 PM
Another tough game for us, I was glad that Derry won the other night, purely for the fact that I could not have seen them losing 4 games in a row. It's when Derry are relaxed and comforable that they could catch us.We need a focused professional performance on Friday and Monday to take any pressure off us.

Very true, we played Waterford off the pitch on Tuesday night, not being biased but it should have been 3 or 4 - 0.
We also fielded a team without Doherty, Murphy, Delaney, Hargen. I think Kenny is simply giving the younger lads a go for the last 3 games...not surprisingly they are playing for a regular place and are giving 110%. Makes for an interesting attacking game on friday.

harry crumb
04/11/2004, 11:56 PM
I can't wait to the match tomorrow. We need to win to keep the pressure on Shels. We have played some great football over the past month. Its a pity that much of it has been away from home. I'm sure there will be a big crowd tomorrow and for the next two home games. I'm already getting depressed with the thought of no City matches over the Winter.

Derry will be a tough nut to crack as usual. We were lucky last time with Kearney's winner in the last minute. With Stephen Kenny in charge, Derry have started to play a lot of new players. Brennan and Farren(suspended) look like they can make Derry a force again. But we have Doyle and Johno so I think we can do the business tomorrow.

Hopefully we can play the ball on the ground because Clive Delaney will dominate if we decide to Hoof.

thecorner
05/11/2004, 2:08 AM
Aye I sure am hi !!!

Although I might try somewhere different this time, Reardens and Havanna Browns is well played out through the years too :D

God Knows where i will end up....

meet up with meself,colm and what biy!!!

we always paint the town red on friday nights

i can introduce you to some members of thegaff as well ;)

thecorner
05/11/2004, 2:17 AM
dont think the ladies would be in ur age group ;)

hes male so all ladies are in his age group ;)

NorthoftheLee
05/11/2004, 8:48 AM
true :) 17

thats a bit old for Colm tho.... :D

James
05/11/2004, 9:35 AM
i wonder where colm got it from though
he's so impressionable like :cool:

Colm
05/11/2004, 9:54 AM
thats a bit old for Colm tho.... :D

No no 17 is the perfect age!!

Nothing wrong with 16 year olds either..... Guerzy was seen with one in the Catwalk last week! ;)

patsh
05/11/2004, 9:56 AM
Now people, this is a thread about a very serious and important football game.Please, keep your comments on scoring limited to the exploits of O'Flynn, Doyle, Kearney etc

:D

Colm
05/11/2004, 10:02 AM
keep your comments on scoring limited to the exploits of O'Flynn, Doyle, Kearney etc

I don't think it would be fair to be talking about what they get up to on their nights out in fairness, they are entitled to a private life!! :D

Peadar
05/11/2004, 10:08 AM
Please, keep your comments on scoring limited to the exploits of O'Flynn, Doyle, Kearney etc

Flynnie is an injury worry.
He has an Achilles’ tendon problem and is a major doubt.

SÓC
05/11/2004, 10:15 AM
No no 17 is the perfect age!!

Nothing wrong with 16 year olds eitherCommon misconception, there is something very wrong with it, legally anyway.

Guerzy could get himself into trouble around the nigthspots of Cork;)

Anyways we'll have to push for goals tonight, long balls will be unless against Lurch

James
05/11/2004, 10:17 AM
SOC
you on for the longoverdue race
that durrow result was a freek i tell ya.. i cudnt run in those shoes like :D

SÓC
05/11/2004, 10:19 AM
SOC
you on for the longoverdue race
that durrow result was a freek i tell ya.. i cudnt run in those shoes like :D
Afraid Im quite ill this week, mightnt even make the match.

The fine folk of Durrow's Temple Bar district saw my spirting skills, 15 stone of pure speed I tells ya.

Colm
05/11/2004, 10:22 AM
Common misconception, there is something very wrong with it, legally anyway.

Don't be such a spoil sport Sean! :D

Who take any notice of silly laws like that?!! ;)

Guerzy certainly doesn't! And as for What Biy, ah don't get me started on those two!

Anyway, I better make a comment on the game before this goes any further off topic! I reckon we'll just about sneak a win tonight as Derry will come and play for the 0-0 I'd say so if we can catch them out and get one or two we'll win the game because I can't see them scoring.
Drogheda away next Friday night is the only game I'd be worried about for the rest of the season.

Gary
05/11/2004, 10:39 AM
as Derry will come and play for the 0-0 I'd say so if we can catch them out and get one or two we'll win the game because I can't see them scoring.

I dunno, the Derry guys have been saying that Kenny is blooding in a few young fellas, and have been playing quite nicely of late. I doubt they will be playing for a draw.

If anything I reckon this could be a huge banana skin, but am confident of a 3-1 victory with Gamble finally getting off the mark.

Colm
05/11/2004, 10:42 AM
I dunno, the Derry guys have been saying that Kenny is blooding in a few young fellas, and have been playing quite nicely of late. I doubt they will be playing for a draw.

Maybe you're right. I suppose considering they can't get relegated but can't qualify for Europe either they might come and have a go because they'll have nothing to lose.
However, I still reckon they'd be delighted to leave the Cross with a point tonight.

kevincronin2000
05/11/2004, 10:56 AM
However, I still reckon they'd be delighted to leave the Cross with a point tonight.

they might, i certainly wont be happy with a point.
were goin to win the leauge,........................................... .

patsh
05/11/2004, 11:19 AM
If anything I reckon this could be a huge banana skinHate to say this, but I have a bad feeling about this one.
Its going to be hard for the team to lift themselves again, especially after last week.

thecorner
05/11/2004, 11:27 AM
Don't be such a spoil sport Sean! :D

Who take any notice of silly laws like that?!! ;)

Guerzy certainly doesn't! And as for What Biy,

no need to worry about what biy. hes off the drink for november along with jack and daniel :eek:

Colm
05/11/2004, 11:29 AM
no need to worry about what biy. hes off the drink for november along with jack and daniel :eek:

I still wouldn't trust him, he's a dodgy character. Himself and Guerzy are a bad influence on each other. :D
On the other hand myself and theCorner are both fine upstanding members of the community! ;)

kevincronin2000
05/11/2004, 11:30 AM
Hate to say this, but I have a bad feeling about this one.
Its going to be hard for the team to lift themselves again, especially after last week.

ffs 4 games to go and can still win the leauge what more motivation does the team need.

NorthoftheLee
05/11/2004, 12:22 PM
It'll be an open game. Derry will have a real go I think especially with them being safe. They can play freely and go for it....Hopefully the crowd will be up for it...I have no doubt the players will be...

Storysham
05/11/2004, 9:18 PM
1-1, city were lucky to draw after such a poor performance, it was a definate penalty though. Derry played some nice football at times, very good goal.

Lopes showed some nice skill on the ball, one to watch.

yan
05/11/2004, 9:55 PM
lads in fairness, i thought half the team looked shattered,its been a long hard season and i think its taken its toll on some players but i think its time to refresh things on monday night,

monday should see maybe s oflynn given a start,maybe fenn, i dunno but its time to refresh IMO

Rebal Boy
05/11/2004, 10:07 PM
lads in fairness, i thought half the team looked shattered,its been a long hard season and i think its taken its toll on some players but i think its time to refresh things on monday night,

monday should see maybe s oflynn given a start,maybe fenn, i dunno but its time to refresh IMO

I thought John O'Flynn and George were just crap tonight. I hope Steve O'Flynn gets his game on Monday. I don't understand why Dolan doesn't change the team around from time to time. Monday night is just a must win game. If we don't the Uefa Cup spot is in trouble.

daveh
05/11/2004, 10:43 PM
Thought the lads looked very tired tonight,never seen gamble play so many sloppy passes.Its kinda ironic though that they played so badly,tonight was the first game in ages that they had a week to prepare for!Think the changes worked well tonight,lopes looks like a very handy player,nice skill.

thecorner
06/11/2004, 1:30 AM
I thought John O'Flynn and George were just crap tonight. I hope Steve O'Flynn gets his game on Monday. I don't understand why Dolan doesn't change the team around from time to time. Monday night is just a must win game. If we don't the Uefa Cup spot is in trouble.
yes..the uefa cup spot is in trouble...............so get up there next friday or were u on the bandwagon

and dont bother slating flynny and georgie..............
do u want them to win games on their own :eek:

eoinh
06/11/2004, 8:46 AM
I thought we were terrible last night. Nobody except Gamble played well. O'Halloran and Horgan both were very very disappointing.

Derry impressed me though. Kenny seems to be doing a very good job with them.

Pity the football was so bad last night as there was a very big crowd.

Approaching 7000 last night ? Another class interview between Pat and Con on the radio last night.

adamd164
06/11/2004, 9:41 AM
thecorner wrote: "yes..the uefa cup spot is in trouble...............so get up there next friday or were u on the bandwagon

and dont bother slating flynny and georgie..............
do u want them to win games on their own"

Personally I'll be there cheering the team on anyway!

And what the fu*k are you on about with Georgie and Flynny??? George was a disgrace, terrible. Flynny was below par.

Lopes looked good... skillful and dangerous. I'd like to see him getting in ahead of GO'C on Monday.

Gary
06/11/2004, 9:54 AM
To say George was a disgrace is harsh, but he certainly had a poor game.

Apart from Dan Murray, I thought the starting XI was quite poor. No one really seemed to have any rhythm, never really got into the game.

Lopes did very well when he came on, and it was good to see Dolan make an early substitution. Fenn was excellent when he came on. Hope to see him more often.

Fair play to Conor O Grady, played very well, and showed some class after his excellent goal. He actually seemed to apologise after scoring it. Mr Ollie Cahill could learn a lesson or two. Also fair play to those in the Shed who gave a small rendition of "O Grady Oh Oh" as he was going off.

Not much else to say really other than it was a dissapointing performance, but at least CCFC didnt lose.

Ruairi
06/11/2004, 11:17 AM
woods impressed me last night, he put insome good ball into the box with both feet, unlucky not to score when his shot was cleared off the line. murray had his best game in yonks, played well and his positioning last night was quite impressive. give him a contract i say. other than that, we weren't great, but as daveh said, we looked knackered. Monday will tell a lot

Real ale Madrid
06/11/2004, 12:56 PM
woods impressed me last night, he put insome good ball into the box with both feet, unlucky not to score when his shot was cleared off the line. murray had his best game in yonks, played well and his positioning last night was quite impressive. give him a contract i say. other than that, we weren't great, but as daveh said, we looked knackered. Monday will tell a lot

Ah now - i dont think woods was our worst player last night but i'm fairly sure that neither him or Kearney put a decent cross into the box all night in fairness. I cant remember i single decent cross in the whole of the second half from CCFC. Woods in fairness got into some excellent positions but his delivery was poor for the most part.

I think people are being hard on the team saying that so and so was terrible etc. the main problem for City in games like this is a lack of urgency in the opening period of games - i mean in the last 15/20 minutes they were frenzied trying to retrieve ball, taking quick throw in's etc. thats the attitude you should have from the start when you are playing at home. We dont take the game to the opposition enough at times - i mean take last Fridays game as an example - City really took the initative from the word go and played well as a result. You cant turn form on or off you need to establish your rhytem and tempo as early as possible and take the game to the opposition as soon as you can. i think city too often wait for the crowd at Turners Cross to establish an atmosphere when in reality all good atmospheres are created on the pitch.The last Shelbourne game at home is a great example of City waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. last night we made an ordinary enough Derry team look very good by letting them play a bit.
I dunno its just an alternative opinion rather than saying this guy was rubish and i was disappointed with another guy.

DolansWaistcoat
06/11/2004, 12:56 PM
Played sh1T for 75 minutes and managed to get a draw out of it which we just about deserved imo,barely deserved.

Nice big crowd and it was a pity the game wasn't a better spectacle,but Games with Derry are never gonna be 3-2 or 4-4.

Special mention to Conor O for being such as a class act,looked like his team mate was comforting him after he scored into the shed,head down,shoulders slumped,I thought the ref hadn't given the goal for a second.

thecorner
06/11/2004, 2:33 PM
And what the fu*k are you on about with Georgie and Flynny??? George was a disgrace, terrible. Flynny was below par.

what the fcuk am i on about... im on about the fcuking likes of you...always waiting with your fcuking knives out waiting for georgie to slip up... what the fcuk do you want... 10/10 performances every week

if he was doing that, he'd probably hace about 30 caps and playing for real madrid

get a fcuking life

razor
06/11/2004, 5:10 PM
what the fcuk am i on about... im on about the fcuking likes of you...always waiting with your fcuking knives out waiting for georgie to slip up... what the fcuk do you want... 10/10 performances every week

if he was doing that, he'd probably hace about 30 caps and playing for real madrid
Theres no need to be so defensive, George had a poor game and was rightly subbed on the hour, Lopes played well when he came on and probably deserves to keep his place for Monday night.

Gary
06/11/2004, 5:13 PM
George had a poor game and was rightly subbed on the hour, Lopes played well when he came on and probably deserves to keep his place for Monday night.

Lopes did well, but Georges poor game last night was probably a blip, and should start again Monday.

thecorner
06/11/2004, 5:14 PM
Theres no need to be so defensive, George had a poor game and was rightly subbed on the hour, Lopes played well when he came on and probably deserves to keep his place for Monday night.

not on the defencive, yes george did have a poor game but to say he was a disgrace(anti dub) is just plain stupid

if people have a bad game now, they are a disgrace is it

Rebal Boy
06/11/2004, 6:52 PM
I think George is a good player, BUT not as good as ye say he his. He's had alot of bad games this season. He should pass it more and stop showing off until the game is over as a contest. City really need to bring in new players to the team. Dolan picks the same 11 far too often.

jofyisgod
06/11/2004, 8:31 PM
Dolan picks the same 11 far too often.

Which is obviously a silly thing to be doing when you haven't lost for 9 games :rolleyes: Admittedly, he can be reluctant to change things at times, but consistency is the best thing for a team.

Colm
06/11/2004, 8:40 PM

Lopes did ok but any other time I've seen him he's been shocking.

No matter how well he did there's no way he should start ahead of Georgie. Georgie is undroppable!

jofyisgod
06/11/2004, 8:47 PM
Georgie is undroppable!

Quite. The guy's a living legend. The only reason we all get so worked up/defensive over him is because we love the guy so much. He loves the club, and the only reason anyone notices his bad games is beacuse he has set such a high standard to play by normally.

razor
06/11/2004, 10:06 PM
Quite. The guy's a living legend. The only reason we all get so worked up/defensive over him is because we love the guy so much. He loves the club, and the only reason anyone notices his bad games is beacuse he has set such a high standard to play by normally.
I try not to get emotionally attached to any particular player, I mean they all move on at some stage and where does that leave ya.
While I think George is an extremely talented player I believe we have never really seen what he is fully capable of.
I mean he has never really set the League on fire to the extent that there has been interest from across the water, like Flynny did, but I suppose theres time enough for that yet.
No player is undroppable, I think thats already been proven by Dolan with respect to Georgie.

thecorner
06/11/2004, 10:47 PM
I mean he has never really set the League on fire to the extent that there has been interest from across the water, like Flynny did, but I suppose theres time enough for that yet.

what about nantes ;)

A face
06/11/2004, 11:44 PM
what about nantes ;)

I suppose if it were every week, he would then be undroppable.

I really cant understand why people single him out. Fair play for putting up with the abuse. (you just know that if it were most players, they'd be looking to high tail it outta there, and you couldn't blame them either when most of it is undeserved) ..... i cant believe we are having another thread about Georgie
:rolleyes:

just for the record ....

Rebal boy started the Georgie abuse

Followed on by anti dub

This is not name and shame ... just wanna see is there a trend.